Vero Beach 2015 Information & Adoration Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually take the Turnpike to YeeHaw Junction (Rt 60) when I head down to Vero because I find it is a less stressful drive. But that could just be me. I live near the Beeline so I hop on that to OBT and then get on the Turnpike there. You could take Osceola Parkway to the Turnpike which puts you one a bit further south, however, there are lots of traffic lights on that section of Osceola and traffic can be ugly if you hit it at the wrong time.

Anyone know how much the Toll fees would be?

We are going to be there 4/25-4/29 for our first ever visit to Vero Beach! I love reading the good weather reports. It's been a somewhat long winter so a few days of sun & sand is much needed. :)

Are there renovations going on there now? I called Member Services a few weeks ago to put in a building request and the CM mentioned something about work being done at the resort but didn't know much more than that.
You have been added to roll call, enjoy your first stay

We were there at the very end of April 2013 and saw one marked turtle's nest south of the resort (look for the grading stakes and surveyor's tape), some turtle tracks in the sand, but no turtles. Good luck spotting!

Don't know if they have email or not (that they will share). You might give them a ring at +1 (772) 234-2000 and ask.
You have been added to roll call, enjoy your stay

From the Disney area to Yeehaw Junction (Route 60) the cash tolls would be $5.50. With Sun Pass it would be $4.35.

Hi all! Booking a last minute trip (our 3rd) to WDW, and decided to stop in early at Vero Beach. I literally know nothing about it, besides what I have read today online. We are two newlyweds and would love your advice! Hoping to book later today/tomorrow morning.

First --- is the beach closure still going on? We plan to visit 5/4. What would this mean for our stay?
Secondly --- which room do you recommend booking? We are staying for two nights and are deciding between the basic 1 room, the ocean view room in the inn and the 1 room villa? Attempting to save money, but if one room is significantly better, please let me know!
Third --- Since we are headed to WDW shortly after, are there any "perks" that crossover? Like the refillable mugs?

I think that's it for now -- thanks for all your help!

My grand daughter is going to be at VB for her Honeymoon in June and I wanted to check for her
They now are planning a day to Disney to spend at one of the parks Does anyone happen to know what the tolls would be from Vero to Disney
Also they are at a Disney Resort but not Disneyworld resort so their parking would be $17.00 right

Hi all! Booking a last minute trip (our 3rd) to WDW, and decided to stop in early at Vero Beach. I literally know nothing about it, besides what I have read today online. We are two newlyweds and would love your advice! Hoping to book later today/tomorrow morning.

First --- is the beach closure still going on? We plan to visit 5/4. What would this mean for our stay?
Secondly --- which room do you recommend booking? We are staying for two nights and are deciding between the basic 1 room, the ocean view room in the inn and the 1 room villa? Attempting to save money, but if one room is significantly better, please let me know!
Third --- Since we are headed to WDW shortly after, are there any "perks" that crossover? Like the refillable mugs?

A direct ocean view inn room on the third or forth floor is your only guarantee of having a balcony overlooking the sea with the sound of waves lulling you to sleep at night. Can't answer your refillable mugs question, but I think there is a forum thread dedicated to that topic.

2015 Stays:
May 8-10
June 28 - July 2
Dec 18 - 21

On Saturday 5/9, my wife and I have dinner at Sonya's. Does anyone know what childcare/kids night out is available on Saturday nights, and do we need to reserve ahead of time, or just when we arrive.

Thank you

The refillable mugs crossover. We went to downtown disney for a day and then dinner at Chef Mickeys and were able to refill at the Contemporary.

We are planning our first visit for June 14. Is there any info we need to know to make this first trip magical? We will leave DVB and head to SSR for a few days. SSR is our favorite & home resort, so we are excited but nervous about the change of scenery. We have two kids (11 & 8).

The refillable mugs crossover. We went to downtown disney for a day and then dinner at Chef Mickeys and were able to refill at the Contemporary.

This is really good to know. We're coming from the BWV for 1 nt at VB and will more than likely have a few mugs in tow. So knowing they can be used on our arrival day is a bonus.

We're headed to Vero June 23 - 26. Waitlisted June 21 - 23. This will be our 8th visit in an OVIR. We love this resort!

We just returned from an excellent trip there last week. We were in a 1BR on 3rd floor building 15. It was tucked away at the end of the resort and very peaceful and private. A few comments/thoughts:

1. Beach restoration was done in the area.
2. They were working on the exterior of the main building right across from the little grassy area they call a croquet area. Some large equipment and workers on the side of the building during the day.
3. We did the Pirate Dinner and Character breakfast. Both served family style. Food was good. I wouldn't bother if you don't have a kid. Goofy and Donald appear and actually came to our table a few times during our meal.
4. The beach was nice and clean....not even seaweed in the water!
5. Did mom/daughter mani/pedi at the spa. DON'T do it!! Don't get me wrong the staff was very nice and the atmosphere great. But, they put us in a room with two chairs and one technician. My 9YO was so bored while the tech was working on me. They had no kid friendly magazines there and after an hour, I ran out of things to chat with her about. I ended up asking the tech to stop working on me and finish up with my daughter so my DH could come and get her. The whole thing was more than 2 hours....hard for a kid to sit still through. $230 after tip and DDs nail polish was already peeling within 24 hours. I knew it would be costly....but was ok for a bit of quality time with DD. That backfired as soon as she got bored.
6. You must walk across the street and explore. Basketball, Tennis, Horseshoes, Archery, Bike Riding. We did this a few times and rarely did we see anyone using the facilities.
7. The pizza at Orchard Island pizza next door is the most tasteless pizza I have ever had. Would not recommend.

And finally....a discovery of a little secret that I have not seen mentioned before. Along the path around the pond across the street we stumbled upon a fairy village up in the trees. There were little crystals hanging that marked the short path....a little further down up in the trees were tiny houses, rope bridges and even a tiny clothes line with fairy clothes hanging to try. It was the highlight of my daughters trip!!!

Lets start adding names for Roll Call 2015. If you want your stay to be added please post or PM me your stay dates. Also, let me know what number stay this is for you and what type of reservation. I will put that number and info after your username. I will also try to update the info with current rates and add some photos. Thanks Rick
8/21 thru 8/24 Dismiss 1st stay 1BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter