*****UK Spending Money Game No1*******

Get my fuel at Morrisons, got my £5 voucher.

My friend also works in Morrisons so my 15%, right in the tin!

got about £90 so far saved in a robinsons bottle, will count when it full.

Oh I'd like to join this. We already have a toy story saving jar with about £60 in change. Really need to start putting more into it.

Good way I've found of saving money is to leave all of my bank cards at home when I go to work. I was wasting money on things I really didn't need when I brought then with me. I've saved between £10-20 every week that I've left them at home :) of there's something I know I'll need I just bring enough cash to buy it.

Oh I'd like to join this. We already have a toy story saving jar with about £60 in change. Really need to start putting more into it.

Good way I've found of saving money is to leave all of my bank cards at home when I go to work. I was wasting money on things I really didn't need when I brought then with me. I've saved between £10-20 every week that I've left them at home :) of there's something I know I'll need I just bring enough cash to buy it.

I have found the same, RE the bank cards, I was going to Asda twice a week and then spending £7 a time on JUNK.

I am now about the same a week richer and thinner too!

My savings are very slowly going up. But then I have 3 savings 'pots'.

One as a e-savings account joined to my bank account which I put anything under a fiver in there whenever I log into my banking online - £69.14

An actual jar for shrapnel (anything under a 50p) from car, tips, purse, etc etc - ????Who knows????

And a proper savings account - £400 (from wages every week)

I've just emptied my purse of the change that I had left from the week and it added up to £15.11. It amazes me how much I can save when I consciously make an effort not to buy bottles of soda and coffee etc. the money soon adds up! :thumbsup2

Thats so true Catherine! I added €11.24 yesterday which was in the bottom of my purse after the week. I've just been letting it build up so I could add it to my tins :) Delighted!

Got another £20 to add to the pot! I had a coupon for £10 of my grocery shopping and I found £10 note in the pocket of a pair of jeans that had been through the laundry! :hyper:

I don't know how you all save so much! :worship:

How can I save more?
I am single (living with my sister), minimum wage job as a waitress and most of my money goes on bills.
I save my tips up which pays for some of my petrol but throw the shrapnel into my savings jar, I save £10 a week from my wages and put it into a savings account, and I put anything under a fiver into another savings account whenever I log into my e-banking.
I also knit baby cardigans for my mums business and she sells them for me, but it is slow going...I'm not a very fast knitter. lol

I don't know how you all save so much! :worship:

How can I save more?
I am single (living with my sister), minimum wage job as a waitress and most of my money goes on bills.
I save my tips up which pays for some of my petrol but throw the shrapnel into my savings jar, I save £10 a week from my wages and put it into a savings account, and I put anything under a fiver into another savings account whenever I log into my e-banking.
I also knit baby cardigans for my mums business and she sells them for me, but it is slow going...I'm not a very fast knitter. lol

Some of the things that I've been doing are: I think about what I'm buying, for example a soda and decide would I rather have that or put the money in the pot! I've started going into town on a Sun rather than a Sat as it's free parking. If I have a coupon for money off then I put the equivalent amount in the pot. I walk instead of getting a bus (when it's not too far! :)) Any money that I get from the lottery etc. goes in there. I think that I'm going to put my b'day money in. I actually didn't realise how much money I actually wasted until I started to track it for this! :scratchin
Good luck! :goodvibes

Just remembered to empty my purse from last week and have added another £4.34!

Added some more change today left over in bottom of my bag.

I have to save harder as looks like I might be out of job soon :( at least holiday already paid for, mostly.

Sorry to hear your job might be gone diddldonna! It seems to be happening everywhere :( Good that the hol is almost paid though ;)

i bagged some change up out of my non sealed jars to transfer to my bank account was £44 :):cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter