Trader Sam's Question

They were limiting all sales to two per person. I suppose if people kept getting back in line over and over again, they could have gotten quite a few, but at times the lines were pretty long, so it would have definitely been an all day ordeal.

Awesome Ebay post alert! Not often you see those words together...

"seller" mcx29 with "item" #222248339255
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SALE, THERE IS NO MUG FOR SALE
This is ONLY to help inform all you Ebayers bidding and paying outrageous prices for the Trader Sam's Haunted Mansion Tiki Mug.

The mug is NOT a limited edition mug, nor is it numbered or dated.

It has been confirmed that Disney underestimated the demand
and is making plenty more mugs.

If you can't wait, and are willing to pay $100-$200, that is your decision,
but if you can wait, you'll be able to get it at face value ($30) or a little more.
As of now, there is no official date when they will be restocked, but they are coming.

I'm all for turning a profit on collectibles, and the power of Ebay, but people are gouging true Disney and Tiki fans with these over-inflated prices.

This is awesome and i hope it's true! There may be hope for those in the future.

Mike

Disney hasn't confirmed anything. That might just be someone who is upset that a bunch of eBay sellers got the mugs before they could get there to buy one.

That is awesome! I hope they come out with the mugs soon! I can't believe Disney underestimated the demand that severely!

For what it's worth... Seller messaged me with a back story that he got the confirmation from his "brother who works for Disney" as well as a bartender at Trader Sam's. Please take this as a hopeful rumor and nothing more until we see them in stock. I'm going to try to remain positive and hopeful.
Mike

That is adorable! BFF and I each have a set of the special mugs/cups and that would be a great addition. Wish we were going to be there to get one, but we won't be at DL until Xmas time.

For what it's worth... Seller messaged me with a back story that he got the confirmation from his "brother who works for Disney" as well as a bartender at Trader Sam's. Please take this as a hopeful rumor and nothing more until we see them in stock. I'm going to try to remain positive and hopeful.
Mike

We tried yesterday, just on the off-chance that the sold-out was a rumor. It was not. But the bartender we spoke with told us the opposite, that the 2500 was it - no open editions were coming.
So mixed messages. :rotfl:

From what I understand at TS in Florida, they will only sell you the mug if you buy the drink. On the way out they give you a boxed and brand new mug when you show your receipt.

When we got our mugs in Anaheim, I believe we took our dirty mugs back to the room and washed them. But that was probably five years ago so I'm not totally sure.
We went to TS on our last night in DLR last year. We mentioned we were flying out the next morning,and they asked us if we'd prefer having clean/boxed up mugs to take with us as opposed to taking the ones we were drinking from. We appreciatively said yes:)

Saw this addendum on the Parks Blog original post:

UPDATE 9/13/16: Due to overwhelming popularity, the Hitchhiking Ghost Tiki Mugs have sold out at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar. A limited restock will materialize closer to Halloween.

Looks like a seller on ebay sold 78 of them at $50 each.

That's a seller who was taking pre-orders, but who knows how many mugs the seller was actually able to acquire.

Also $50 per mug is nothing compared to the $200 pricing that some were asking. $50 is actually a bargain. Unless you live within 15 minutes of the park and don't have a regular job, that mug may have likely cost that much to take time off work, gas to get there and parking. If not an AP holder with parking included the mug could have cost $50 just to take the time and gas to get there. I'm glad to see that the official blog has said there will be more released because it's just sad Disney had no idea people would have wanted as many.

I am just amazed that the Disney purchasing area got this one so wrong. Tiki - hot, Mansion - hot, Hitchhiking Ghosts - hot, Trader Sam's - hot...that would be a 'prepare to be inundated' in my books. 2500 is less than 50 glasses a day!

As I have been booking and planning my DDs and my trip to DL this year, my husband has been shocked at the poor 'show'. He says it's like the 'b' team is running the place where Disneyland used to have the 'a' team (well, except for those E/P years...which are discussed in hushed tones here as refereed to as the 'dark years').

Personally, I don't think there's any way they didn't know how popular this mug would be. With it being both Haunted Mansion and Trader Sams. Disney is very experienced at this. This is not new to them. They do this with tons of merchandise.

Personally, I don't think there's any way they didn't know how popular this mug would be. With it being both Haunted Mansion and Trader Sams. Disney is very experienced at this. This is not new to them. They do this with tons of merchandise.

And it makes no sense..... I am thinking we will miss out since our trip is in less than two weeks. Boo

I'm half-heartedly excited...but the person I was trying to get the mug for has literally gone off the deep end over it - now I'm dreading the restock. :rotfl:

Also $50 per mug is nothing compared to the $200 pricing that some were asking. $50 is actually a bargain. Unless you live within 15 minutes of the park and don't have a regular job, that mug may have likely cost that much to take time off work, gas to get there and parking. If not an AP holder with parking included the mug could have cost $50 just to take the time and gas to get there. I'm glad to see that the official blog has said there will be more released because it's just sad Disney had no idea people would have wanted as many.

I wasn't complaining about the price that it was actually pretty good. I was just wondering how they obtain 78.

Hi Everyone. Just wondering if there was any news about the restock of the mugs yet. I really hope they have a lot coming in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter