Top 10 Most Controversial Subjects on the DIS Boards

Contraversial on the DIS:
1.) Gifted Children
2.) Line skipping at WDW
3.) Whether the other woman is to blame
4.) Homework
5.)Taking kids out of school to go to Disney
6.) Fanny packs

Lol oh fell of my chair number 3 whether the other woman is to blame... I could cancel my satellite subscription this is far more entertaining!

Puppy farms ( don't ask lol ) this manages to crop up in very unrelated threads. It's like a boomerang topic.

Like an innocent thread appears....such as .. where can I get Mickey crocs? Reply...not in a puppy farm...next reply..a puppy farm..a puppy farm..my friend... The thread starter I fear never gets their beloved crocs and is scared to ever

1. Post again
2. Get a puppy
3. Get puppy themed crocs...

Puppy farms ( don't ask lol ) this manages to crop up in very unrelated threads. It's like a boomerang topic.

Like an innocent thread appears....such as .. where can I get Mickey crocs? Reply...not in a puppy farm...next reply..a puppy farm..a puppy farm..my friend... The thread starter I fear never gets their beloved crocs and is scared to ever

1. Post again
2. Get a puppy
3. Get puppy themed crocs...

Can you rent an ECV at a puppy farm? Do they have refillable mugs at a puppy farm? Would my gifted child find anything interesting at a puppy farm? Would the puppies like to see a picture of my cat?

You have to wonder if people do that for attention. I mean, don't they know how to google?

Yes! The other day, it was "I am at Disney and have a problem. (low battery on phone I think?) Can somewhere here answer my question?"

As opposed to asking one of the zillions of cast members there.

Can you rent an ECV at a puppy farm? Do they have refillable mugs at a puppy farm? Would my gifted child find anything interesting at a puppy farm? Would the puppies like to see a picture of my cat?

Lol. Can I butter my whole roll at once on the puppy farm?

I just went to that post and wowza lol I have never heard of the bread thing before and my mom was pretty big on table manners. Now I want a warm roll with butter.

Oh, it's been a while since we've had a good "anyone who doesn't return their shopping cart to the store is a horrible person" thread too.

Shopping carts in parking lot threads

:)

17) Whether eating food in a grocery store before paying is stealing
:flower3:

Oh that one was great! People were so fired up about it.

Q: If someone from the 50's appeared today, what would be the most difficult thing to explain to them about life today?

A: I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.

:rotfl:

What about resort pool hopping and improper use of refillable mugs.

Towel animals: how to get them and it is ok to bring them home or is it stealing?

A couple of years ago a thread would start every month or so. It would start mild "does anyone have any ideas on how to get towel animals" and by the end it would be "you are stealing Disney towels so now my rates will increase".

I haven't seen anyone mention Stay At Home Moms vs Work Outside the Home. Whenever I see those threads start I make a mental note of how many posts it will take for someone to state the dreaded "I don"t want someone else raising my kids" only to be answered by "what a waste of your college degree".

I can't believe I forgot that one.... :worship:
Although it may also fall under my generic line item of Parenting.

I didnt read all these pages -- but my top list would include, in no particular order.

Pool Hopping / Refillable mugs
how much for a wedding gift (aka covering your plate)
helicopter parents / snowflakes -- including all things related to bathroom usage
phones for kids
tipping
breastfeeding
I have $50K in CC debt, but is it ok if I go to Disney??
Stroller vs Scooters and which on is more annoying -- also includes why a party of 15 has to board the bus (and line jump), even though only 1 person is in a scooter.

Great minds think alike. I included every one of those except Tipping in my list. lol

Which, by the way, you are right. That is another BIGGIE!

Q: If someone from the 50's appeared today, what would be the most difficult thing to explain to them about life today?

A: I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :worship: You are so wise! :worship:

One user posted a thread about how the 'atmosphere' at BC was ruined by the addition of a zero entry pool. Now disabled and children can use it of all horrors... Lol. It use to be so exclusive....

Imagine the responses... I (being from the UK) can see the posts coming online in time zone order lol..

:scared1: Oh My!

Wearing shoes inside the house.

Are you trying to get me divorced or start World War III?

It took DH and I almost TEN YEARS to "agree to disagree" on that particular topic. :headache: I still get scared when I hear the words "shoes" and "house" in the same sentance.

Thanks for posting the link! I couldn't find it last night.

Of course now after re-reading the last few pages of it I want bread, cupcakes and doughnuts.

You are welcome! I admit, since that thread I am so self conscious when I eat bread at a resturant now! :rotfl2:

That thread... it's full of stars!

I know, right!

I have another one, school rules and Internet policy for students. That one blew up! :rolleyes:

Breastfeeding...

How in the world did I miss the how to butter bread posts... :confused3
Here you go. A fun way to kill the rest of your day. :lmao:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2917532
I remember very clearly. :)

The OP asked for table manners pet peeves and I replied that my top pet peeve is when people butter an entire slice of bread at once, instead of bite by bite.

Note that it is a pet peeve -- not something on the level of, I don't know, a cash bar at a New York wedding. But people flipped about it. PET PEEVE, PEOPLE. You know, like a minor annoyance? But people went berserk.

And we're off!
Oh sure, start it up again!! :rotfl2:

You have to wonder if people do that for attention. I mean, don't they know how to google?

no, they don't. Especially on the budget board where every couple of days you see a thread titled....

Does anyone know (or have) the 30% off code for Kohls??

I could find that on google in the time it takes to start that thread.

Sorry but I am still dazzled at the butter bread gate incident. lol going to wdw in 9 days. Going to butter my whole roll every night (not tearing it in pieces ) to see if I am still alive at the end of my vacation. Woman 42 found dead with butter knife firmly inserted...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter