Top 10 Most Controversial Subjects on the DIS Boards

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
My observations, interested to see yours

1) Taking kids out of school for a vacation
2) Coffee
3) Smoking
4) Living within your means
5) Not getting time off at work because co-worker has child care, medical or religious need for day off.
6) Closed Threads
7) Things your neighbors are doing
8) Laws I don't agree with
9) Tipping
10) Facts

Coffee? I must've missed something. I think kids in bathrooms of the opposite gender, Ettiquette about parties and/or weddings, politics and religion would be on the list if I made it.

I think the question of whether a parent is overprotective vs. neglectful is a big one. Variations of this include letting your kid walk places, peanut free schools, sending your child out to play.

Another flash point is teachers.

Picky eaters is another big one.

What coffee thread did I miss?

Blah. Used to be more controversial before the mass banning.

Now I would add Snowflakes to your list.

And there's the whole "how old is too old for a stroller" debates.

Oh, it's been a while since we've had a good "anyone who doesn't return their shopping cart to the store is a horrible person" thread too.

Personal advice wanted about family member/friend situations. The asker usually gets flamed like a hotdog in a weenie roast!:rotfl:

I can't see where this thread is going to go anywhere good. Usually, these threads tend to veer into let's cut down other people who don't agree with me or are different on the DIS. I just don't think it's a good idea. Haven't even finished with page 1, and it's started.

Pool Hopping
Taking your refillable Mug back trip after trip - or just filling any old mug
BOG not serving kid friendly foods
Saving places in lines or leaving the line and then getting back in with somebody already in line

17) Whether eating food in a grocery store before paying is stealing
18) When it is/is not okay to leave kids alone in a car

:flower3:

I saw a post by a Mod a few years back that the thread that generated the most complaints to the Mods was the Jon & Kate Plus 8 Thread.

I guess that thread took the prize because it was every controversial issue rolled into one tidy package: reality TV, marital problems, divorce, parenting techniques, money, celebrity, how to discipline children, affairs, extended family issues, etc., etc.

It was the mother lode of controversy.

I don't think it ever closed. But there were posts that were removed.

Coffee has been a hot topic (no pun intended) on this forum.
Especially the coffee served in the parks and on the ships. People who hold Starbucks as the example of what good coffee should be, and people who hold Starbucks as an example of what good coffee isn't.

Also kind of crosses over into the "Living Within Your Means" topic when people insist they need a $5 cup of fancy coffee every day, and others point out they are shelling out $1,600 a year for coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter