Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

We arrive Aug. 22nd. I hope we can get a table. Does anyone know how to make reservations?

It's not fully open yet. If they do take reservations, I'm sure those will be available once it opens/they announce an official opening date.

And it's been themes as steampunk from the beginning?? Like I don't understand why the OP is upset, lol. Like I understand if they don't like steampunk, but don't be upset they didn't change something just cause you don't like it lol.

(I couldn't find the original post which is why I quoted you, Carole. Sorry)

No worries, I know what you meant..........:thumbsup2

I don't get the upset either.

There are some neat steampunk mysteries that make the whole thing very fun.

If anyone follows the Epbot blog (same couple that created the CakeWrecks website) she's majorly into Steampunk and has made the coolest costumes and jewelry.

I cannot believe how FAST this place went up! Or how it feels fast, at least.

Universal always has stores, eateries, rides open and operating in a reasonable time period

They put a lot of money into their projects and guest appreciate that

COMING SOON
From the Alps to the empire of the Aztecs, from Mongolia to Madagascar, Professor Doctor Penelope Tibeaux-Tinker Toothsome learned new and fascinating methods of infusing chocolate into the most extraordinary recipes, making friends and receiving honors everywhere she went. Upon returning home to London, Penelope determined that she would share her love and knowledge of chocolate with the world. She set about building The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen™, an enchanting 19th century themed, Steampunk inspired dining establishment with a façade of towering smokestacks and an interior adorned with intriguing gadgets and gizmos.
subheader_left_tcm8-23208.gif
subheader_right_tcm8-23210.gif
Cuisine

Extraordinary foodstuffs await you at this new full-service restaurant, bar and confectionary at Universal CityWalk™. Delight your palate with fantastical fare including classic dishes like steak and seafood, and an all-day brunch featuring crepes and quiches, each with their own novel twist. Coffee and Chocolate Stout Chicken Wings, Chocolate Almond Bread and Chocolate Gnocchi are just a sample of the adventurously unique items available.

Then, behold, as our chefs create culinary alchemy with gourmet chocolates and one-of-kind desserts right before your very eyes. Savor artisanal milkshakes with flavors such as Chocolate x5, Bacon Brittle and Red Velvet. Feast on sumptuous sundaes like S’mores, Salted Caramel Flan and Chocolate Brownie Bark. You can even purchase tasty mementos from the restaurant’s retail shop to enjoy at home.

I would say my largest issue are the hats. The hats seem one size fits all I could see them falling off or need for adjusting if they aren't clipped down or fastened in some way. The hats are also seem to be the only part that is really steampunk (besides the characters of Ms. Toothsome and her robot). The costumes are great period designs but I can't remember any elements on the clothes that say uniquely steampunk to me. What do I mean by that well that's hard to pin down since there are different steampunk aesthetic. Obviously for functionality reasons they couldn't add the gadgets and bobbles or the modded body parts that can be a part of the look. Yet I believe they could of accentuated the inventor/adventurer core of steampunk more. A few more leather or metal additions that imply a functionality. On the male vest I believe there are two leather accents holding the collar down but they don't seem to serve a purpose. It would of been better to have those straps else where such as near the waist or breast where they imply a purpose.

I think Ms. Toothsome's costume is great though, her smaller pinned on hat keeps the proportions well and the blue of her shirt helps lift her out of the dark tones of the restaurant. Come to think of it maybe this is what the servers need is an accent of a light color to break up the dark design. Her costume is must more clearly steampunk with the grometted and studded straps and tools/pouches around her waist. I understand that as a character and not a worker that her costume is given more budget and attention, but I still feel some of what they used on her could of been carried over to the servers costumes. Her robot companion I am still on the fence about. There is one female costume that doesn't wear the goggle hat but that costume can read pirate to me some times. I do appreciate the neck wear on the men and some of the women.

I also to be in the themed entertainment industry so I always look at things from an angle of what could be improved; what is working and what is not. Even in things I love and enjoy I still pick them apart because it's how I think.

Even in things I love and enjoy I still pick them apart because it's how I think.

Boy do I know the feeling. (let's talk about the piddly "defects" in The Martian that I want to fix so I can 100% LOVE that movie instead of 99.9999% love it)

Thanks for the answer!

Or a restaurant featuring chocolate. Unless he had some more unique idea, like the steampunk angle, then he has no grounds for the lawsuit. I mean the lawyer says his pitch mentioned art noveau, but that and steampunk are not the same thing. IDK.

Apparently UOR is getting sued cause some guy in Ohio claims to have had the idea for the restaurant first, and even owns a company called The Chocolate Factory. Claims to have been in contact with Universal about opening the restaurant, and points to the name change as them trying to cover their tracks.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...iversal-chocolate-lawsuit-20160818-story.html

I'm curious, how did he trade mark the name when there are other existing businesses named "chocolate factory"? I wonder if he'll go after them too?

I'm trying to figure out what exactly chocolate bread is like....cake? brownie?

I'm assuming it's a typical sweet bread. Usually heavier than a cake and more moist than a bread. I make a great (if I do say so myself;)) chocolate zucchini bread with white chocolate chips. Chocolate gingerbread or pumpkin is wonderful, too. Add some cream cheese and yum!!

I'm curious, how did he trade mark the name when there are other existing businesses named "chocolate factory"? I wonder if he'll go after them too?

Cause his is "THE" chocolate factory, as opposed to say the Rocky Mountain chocolate factory. Or at least I assume.

Hmmm... two that popped up via google were also "the chocolate factory". Dude has issues and needs to move along.

It's like the women who sued Disney claiming they stole her life story for the movie Frozen- what exactly was she smoking.

I can think of a famous movie with chocolate factory in the name- it's the first thing I think of. Maybe this guy should sue willy wonka.

Last edited:
Very interesting Orlando Sentinel article. It give me the impression that when it comes to the copy right he really doesn't have a leg to stand on. But I'm not a lawyer either lol hopefully this doesn't blow up into a big feud

We don't know what sort of agreement he had with Universal as part of presenting his idea, so it's theoretically possible there's a legitimate contract dispute. Though it seems unlikely their lawyers would allow such a situation to occur.

Absent a contractual issue, it's not at all clear what protections could apply. Copyright usually applies to creative works, and while there are certainly creative elements to the design, it doesn't seem likely that they would have been specified in any detail in any discussions. There's a difference between a one page plot outline for a story or movie versus a one page description of a restaurant.

I'm assuming it's a typical sweet bread. Usually heavier than a cake and more moist than a bread. I make a great (if I do say so myself;)) chocolate zucchini bread with white chocolate chips. Chocolate gingerbread or pumpkin is wonderful, too. Add some cream cheese and yum!!

Those do sound wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter