• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

This is making me so happy. We arrive Sept 1. I haven't shown my family pictures because I didn't think we had a decent shot of it being open. I think I'll have to show them tonight!

If anyone should have the good fortune to gain an opportunity to eat here (or even ask questions) in the near future:

I'd be very interested to know if they have ANY non-dairy and/or vegan options.

I'm coming to HHN w/ a Vegan friend in Sept. I really want to eat here, because it looks awesome. Even she likes the idea of a steampunk themed dessert restaurant, despite my warning her it may not be at all vegan friendly. So while we're both hoping it's open... it would be all the better for both of us if there were something she could actually eat here, and she didn't just have to sit there and watch me wolf down desserts. :/

If anyone should have the good fortune to gain an opportunity to eat here (or even ask questions) in the near future:

I'd be very interested to know if they have ANY non-dairy and/or vegan options.

I'm coming to HHN w/ a Vegan friend in Sept. I really want to eat here, because it looks awesome. Even she likes the idea of a steampunk themed dessert restaurant, despite my warning her it may not be at all vegan friendly. So while we're both hoping it's open... it would be all the better for both of us if there were something she could actually eat here, and she didn't just have to sit there and watch me wolf down desserts. :/

Everything is vegan when you're on vacation!

So excited for this to open! We will be in Disney for Thanksgiving, but spending the Saturday after out of the parks and plan to stop in for some afternoon desserts!

The inside looks nice but I'm sad to see that they kept the steam punk costuming on certain team members. I hope they rethink those or at least tone them down.

Why?

Let vegans (and vegetarians) worry about themselves. It's nice for omnivorous friends to care, but if they care more than the vegan/vegetarian cares, something has gone awry. :) If she wants to go with you, she'll either find something or she won't. If she can't handle it, she'll let you go on your own. (vegetarian since '90 here)

I'm sad to see that they kept the steam punk costuming on certain team members. I hope they rethink those or at least tone them down.

Why?

It`s a themed fun restaurant not to be taken seriously. They aren't trying to make any statements.

I guess I am getting old. Idk what steampunk is. I just googled it and still don't get it.
Strictly speaking, it's science fiction set in the Victorian era or using Victorian era technology, but it also means the associated visual aesthetic, based on Victorian era high tech. Lots and lots of gears and similar mechanics driven by steam powered engines. Lots of brass. A bit of Rube Goldberg, but using proper 19th century mechanics instead of whatever happened to be lying around. Driving goggles with 19th century uniforms.

"The Golden Compass" and "Hugo" (based on The Invention of Hugo Cabret) are steampunk movies. The former didn't do justice to the book, but both are worth watching.

I finally snuck in and got a picture of the inside:

Why?

It`s a themed fun restaurant not to be taken seriously. They aren't trying to make any statements.

And it's been themed as steampunk from the beginning?? Like I don't understand why the OP is upset, lol. Like I understand if they don't like steampunk, but don't be upset they didn't change something just cause you don't like it lol.

(I couldn't find the original post which is why I quoted you, Carole. Sorry)

Last edited:
We arrive Aug. 22nd. I hope we can get a table. Does anyone know how to make reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter