• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Information

Thanks Liz! That's about what I figured it would be. So we will be about 1/4 of the party then.

What types of shots do the PP photographers take here? Thanks everyone!

Wanted to post here also posted on Oct cancellations. Just cancelled Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party for 9/29. Party of 4.

I am so excited to find this thread!!! I am going to make sure to book this for our first night, we will be celebrating both my boys birthdays and they are going to LOVE this!!! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if they book this even during MVMCP? If they do i'm debating between picking this night or a regular night... :confused3

Does anyone know if they book this even during MVMCP? If they do i'm debating between picking this night or a regular night... :confused3

I've been told by others on the Dis Boards that they do book during the nights of MVMCP, but they haven't seen anything for the MNSSHP. Hope this helps :thumbsup2

You may also want to check the "Dessert Party ADR Date Lists" thread in my signature for more information concerning this.

So what are the seating arrangements due to time booked?

I'm not totally sure what it is you're wanting to know, but maybe this will help.

There is only one Dessert Party per night. Disney has a strange way of their reservation process, and they use segmented times for their reservation process. It's guesstimated that the earlier reservation time you have, the better seating you may get. What that pattern entails, i'm not sure.
The Dessert Party generally begins about 1 hour before the Fireworks show. Despite the time your reservation is for, all people that have a reservation for that evening can arrive as soon as the Party begins...so, lets say you have a 8:45 reservation, yet they start letting people in at 8:00pm.... You can arrive at 8pm and enter then.

When entering, each table is pre-assigned, so it's not a first come first serve kinda thing. Your family name will be taped to the table you're assigned to. (so, the reservation time might be used to determine where your table may be...either way, when you get there, your table is preassigned). If you have a reservation for 2 people, you have a table for you and your guest...there are no sharing of tables. You get your own family table.

When you are seated, you are instructed that shortly before the fireworks begin, you may stand at the railing for a better view of the fireworks. You get your desserts from the tables, and the wait service will clear your table as you finish your plates. There is no limit to how many times you get desserts from the dessert table.

I hope this may clear any questions you may have. There are other little tidbits that i may not have mentioned, but can be located throughout the thread. If you have other questions, feel free to ask. i'm sure someone may have the answer for you :thumbsup2

Seating has been stated as assigned by when you book NOT what time your reservation time is for. I think this is true since we had a later reservation but booked on the first day and were close to the front. When we arrived, there were many tables filled that were behind us, so you would assume those groups had earlier scheduled times than we did.

I agree with the rest of your comments though hunclemarco about how the process works.

Seating has been stated as assigned by when you book NOT what time your reservation time is for. I think this is true since we had a later reservation but booked on the first day and were close to the front. When we arrived, there were many tables filled that were behind us, so you would assume those groups had earlier scheduled times than we did.

I agree with the rest of your comments though hunclemarco about how the process works.

Thank you for your input! Truly appreciated! :thumbsup2

This was taken from the ADR Dessert Party thread, and i thought it would be useful here... an additional statement similar to what Vicki_c said above.

rt2dz stated this on post 3668 of the Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco
It's guesstimated that the earlier reservation time you have, the better seating you may get. (end of quote)

rt2dz stated:
"I just want to be very clear on one thing, even my earlier post sounded a bit confusing.

It is NOT what time your reservation is for (7:00, 7:10, 7:45, etc) that determines your table assignment. The size of your party has ZILCH to do with it either; at our party this week it was almost all large parties (4-10) in the front rows. Many, many 6+ (including us).

What determines your table assignment is the day and time you do the booking of your reservation, no matter what your "seating time" is for, in comparison to when other reservations for your party day are made. And, who knows? Maybe cancellations can bump you up. Cancelling a reservation made previously for a later seating time in favor for an earlier seating time for later-made reservation can put your party back further, not up closer. DO NOT do that!

I've managed to make (by dumb luck the first time) reservations the day they opened. First time, party of 2 in the front row for a late seating time. Second time, party of 6 in the front row for an early-ish seating time (15 minutes in). Each time we were let in as soon as the party opened."

Thank you for the clarification! Hope this helps everyone...including myself! :lmao:

I thought i would create a thread that would keep track of who will be going to the Dessert Party. Disboard meets and soforth could be created from this thread :thumbsup2

This thread can be found Here

Please post the Day of the party your attending, and the number of people in your party. If you choose to mention the time you made the reservation, and the reservation time, you could do that too :).

If you have any other suggestions to make this thread more useful, please mention that too.
There are 2 other threads for the dessert party that are used frequently as well, that can be found on my signature. The first thread is informational concerning the party itself (this thread you're on now) , and the second thread is the ADR watch, as to when the party is open for taking reservations; as well as additional information.

Thanks!
Mark aka Hunclemarco :thumbsup2

Just booked the Dessert Party for December 8th for DD's 13th birthday!

What a great birthday party!!

We just got back home on Friday, and did this party for the first time on our last night. There were 9 of us on this trip celebrating our wedding anniversary. What a great way to end our trip! Love, love, loved it!

More than enough sweets for everyone, and after after having our fill, moved to the railing to watch Wishes.

Wishes always gets me a bit emotional, and when I turned to ask my bother and his family how they liked it (first timers to the world- I avoided taking them to MK at night prior, so they could watch it first time at the party) they all looked just like me... a bit teary and happy all at once. Lol

Great vacation and the Dessert Party was a wonderful way to end it.

Thank you all for your information on this thread!!

:flower3:

This may be a stupid question, but now that I have paid for this party do they send you tickets? Can't wait to go on Dec. 20!!

No, you don't get tickets. You go to the Terrace at the scheduled time and they have an attendant there with a list of reservations. You give him/her your name and they look you up; they then take you back and show you your table. Keep you confirmation number just in case.

They will also give you a wrist band that will allow you to come and go from the party area to use the restrooms, see the parade, whatever...

What happens when the Terrace Dessert Party falls on a MVMCP night? Do you need tickets for that to get into the dessert party??:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter