Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Information

When we booked our trip the dessert buffet was already fully booked.

We tried again on the off chance and now have what must have been a cancelation on the 29th September (big thank you to the person who cancelled).

I wrote on the ADR that I have a nut allergy and I'm a wheelchair user too, does anyone know what the wheelchair viewing is like on the terrace or will I be eating chocolate cake and staring at someone's butt all night?

ASFAIK table assignemt location will not change because of using a mobility aid. The might make a bit more space around the table and sometimes pre move away a seat to accomodate a wheelchair but that's about it from what I've heard and own experience also.

Actually did the party with a friend of mine who's in a manual chair, I use a powerchair. We had a table waiting for us with no seats (got one delivered -and fast- though for bot being more obvious that the table is being used to stop some folks from wanting to kidnap it -yep.........- and some storage space). We were front row center, but got the first reservation which has a lot more to due with location than wheelchair itself. We actually had CM's on insisting bringing us whatever desert we desired after having a first look ourselves, because it was pretty busy at the buffet and they did not want us to have any hassle. Also some of the displays were difficult to reach from a chair (tip; prepare by bringing along a loved one or ask for help), let alone when you should not reach like I should. Well ok, turning it into a TS is no problem for us. ;)

Visionwise? Many have posted that sitting down you have a nice one, as long as nobody stands up in front of you. In those instances or if desired you can move up to the railing. There should be more then enough space for all to see unless running into some rude folks.

Like we did. Some guy wanting to take pics and thinking it is ok for him to do so by setting up all kinds of equipment taking up a huge part of the railing and view, "accidently" pushing his stuff into people to basically bully himself into place etc. Did not appreciate him one bit, more so since we had the prime location, were there first by the railing and he literally pushed, shuved and stacked stuff on the railing in front of us. Sheez, dude, you can easily take great pics by having an undisturbed view by standing behind my friend and here sitting so low. With my powerchair being a bit higher up, I ended up making space for a little boy to stand in front of me, but the scene got a bit ugly running upto the fireworks to begin. CM's didn't notice at first, but guests couldn't not notice -all were feeling the effects of it- and were very clear about him needing to basically......... well........ act normal. ;) No agression or anything, was al said in a friendly way but very firm and a type of "whole crowd stands as one, so better do it" way. By then CM's did notice and also repeated. Space was made -grumbling along- and all had a superb viewing spot right at the railing. Except one. Should've known to "run" when photodude minus a whole lot of stuff standing next to me was asking for problems. Sure enough, his pics were so Holy the dude somehow decided it was best for the Holy pics to move his half body and camera in front of me, into my personal space. Had it by then, got almost livid when he did it in such a rude way he full on full power knocked into my joystick. Lukcy I ALWAYS turn it off when standing still at WDW, knowing how some kids find it too difficult to resist touching it, bags flying around in crowds that can knock into it etc.

I moved away from the railing, up to about 2nd tier, put my chair lift into it's highest position and enjoyed a perfect view over the rest of the guests head. Let's suffice to say that guy got an unbelievable amount of pieces of minds from other guests after the fireworks when they started to notice I was back there and figuring out why. Same with CM's, who were about to directly do something as I moved back but I told them to not to as I would get a perfect view once up high enough and as long as nobody else gets the Holy-picture-treatment it would be fine with me to wait, enjoy the show, have a bit of a break before talking to him and back to work.

This was a huge exception though when it comes to how-can-the-party-be-complicated-when-using-a-wheelchair- so don't let it worry you. There are plenty of great viewing spots. When in a manual chair or power without lift and doing the party for the fireworks, I would advice moving up to the railing in time enough but that is about it and you should be fine.

Thanks for the detailed reply. The reservation is for 2 and my friend knows to bring chocolate cake or else so all will be good.

I'm a manual chair user so I won't be able to use lift to see over people but I'm from Glasgow, Scotland and apparently our accent is very aggressive sounding to the rest of the world so if anyone tries to use me as a climbing frame I won't have a problem telling them to bug off.

Might be me being the odd ball out but never had that assocation with a Scottish accent. :confused3

If liking anything with chocolate; they have chocolate covered strawberries at the party. As long as you promiss not to be there at the same night as myself and hog them ; go for 'm! Really are good, unlike some I've had around the world over the years. Did keep running out quickly on our first party, but that's where those "stay here and just tell me what you like and I'll get it for you" CM came in super handy.

Tip; don't joke, it can be used against you. We jokingly said it " 4 or 5, maybe a few more, we love them and could go a week on just them" when asking how many we wanted. Got a plate with almost 2 dozen on them as a result. :eek::goodvibes

Has anyone had the ability to make a reservation on a party night? I know that last year we had an adr for one of the MVMCP nights. This year, I noticed online all the dates for party nights were a different color, so I figured it was possible there would be none on those days.

I spoke to a CM on the phone when I was making a reservation for something else and asked and he said they would not know until sooner to the time to make the reservations which would be pretty darn soon. We are there the 10th through the 15th of Dec and our date is Sept 9. to make a reservation for the 11th.

Thanks!

Kelly

I have been trying so hard to get an ADR the week of Sept 24-29th. I only recently discovered this event and would love to go. Keep trying I suppose!

Just a week ago we were there and I was over in the Tomorrowland area and checked in while my husband and daughter did BTMR. I was seated and when the rest of the party came they got their wristbands and came in. It would be no problem to have your party check in and come in separately.

I have never seen a tip left in all the times I have been there.

Liz

Thanks a lot! Now I just have to sit and wait for it to open up for reservations.:banana:

Thanks to Hunclemarco and Traveliz too!:goodvibes

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere..too many pages to flip through! I am curious what beverages they typically serve?

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere..too many pages to flip through! I am curious what beverages they typically serve?

Beverages include hot coffee (regular/decaf), tea (hot/iced) lemonade, and whole milk.

When you have the opportunity, check out the pages, there's a lot of information that may be helpful :thumbsup2

November 2012 is open for booking now!! You won't be sorry for attending. It's definitely a magical experience.

When we were there, the CM's did clean up during the fireworks show, but had one table left with left over desserts on that table. I'm not quite sure just how long after the completion of the fireworks that the food stays out. I will say that there wasn't much left on the table when we left.

Approximately how many people total are at the party? When I booked, I was told 50 was the max, but I think they meant per time slot. There are 43 in my party, so that's the main reason I'm wondering.

Approximately how many people total are at the party? When I booked, I was told 50 was the max, but I think they meant per time slot. There are 43 in my party, so that's the main reason I'm wondering.

I have hear of groups of similar numbers getting their reservations to the dessert party. I don't know the total that is allowed into the party though. Perhaps someone else will know. What month is your reservation for?

I have hear of groups of similar numbers getting their reservations to the dessert party. I don't know the total that is allowed into the party though. Perhaps someone else will know. What month is your reservation for?

I have gone numerous times and because so many people have insisted the limit is 50 I have counted most times. Typically the number of attendees at the party is between 175-250. I do know that a CM called about renting out the party and the buyout number is 206.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter