Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Information

We were also there 11/19! My family loved the experience! The desserts were wonderful (especially the creme brûlée) and the view was fantastic! This may become a new tradition for us!

ellyn2000 said:
After the fireworks, we were let out of a side gate used by cast members to avoid the crowds.

OMG!!! That would be awesome. DS has Down Syndrome and uses a wheelchair in the parks. He hates staying for fireworks because the hoarders of people just freak him out. Last time we stood all the way to the front of Main Street so we could be among the first out of the park.

Does anyone know if the use of the side gate is a normal thing, or was PP just lucky?

I just booked the dessert party Pythia morning for our Jan trip.

It's open for January!!!

Yup, I just booked two seats for January!!!!! I am so excited, since I had to cancel the last time we planned to go.

Looks like there's lots of availability. I'll be there on the 11th! :cool1:

Sue in Texas

I love that I am club level simple because I am in Afghanistan and they booked the party for me :). So excited

Well, at least we know there is a way to be let out through the CM gate, so I would certainly ask when you arrive. Surely they will make the accommodation. I'm thinking it's customary to allow the dessert party guests to exit this way. That's how it seemed to me. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!

Can you see the electrical parade from the dessert party? My party is 3 adults and a 2 year old. Do I still book for 4 and do I have to pay for my 2 year old?

Can you see the electrical parade from the dessert party? My party is 3 adults and a 2 year old. Do I still book for 4 and do I have to pay for my 2 year old?
Hello

You can see the parade pass by, but only the top sections of the floats. You can't really see the street performers, or anything close up. If you really want to see the parade, you should get closer than being at the dessert party.

If you are booking online, you would still book for 4 people, but be sure you click on 1 child at 2 years of age. You should not be charged for the 2 year old.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

Does anyone have recommendations for a strategy if we want to see the electrical parade first but still get to the dessert party early enough to check in and get good seats? Thanks!

Does anyone have recommendations for a strategy if we want to see the electrical parade first but still get to the dessert party early enough to check in and get good seats? Thanks!

The only way i see you can do this is by standing near The Plaza when watching the parade, then right afterward, go to the dessert party. Your table is already pre-assigned before you get there, so you can either be the first or last in line, and you'll get the same table. You have no choice in the matter there. It's pot luck if you get "good seats". Regardless of where your seats are, you are instructed by the CM that you may stand at the railing to view the fireworks.

If you take a look at the pictures at the beginning of this thread, you'll see that there are very few tables you can actually sit down at and view the fireworks.

Also, If you see all of the parade first then attend, keep in mind that the dessert party will have been going on for a while already. There will be desserts there when you arrive, but as to how much, i have no idea. Someone else here may have more information on that.
Hope this helps.

Hunclemarco said:
The only way i see you can do this is by standing near The Plaza when watching the parade, then right afterward, go to the dessert party. Your table is already pre-assigned before you get there, so you can either be the first or last in line, and you'll get the same table. You have no choice in the matter there. It's pot luck if you get "good seats". Regardless of where your seats are, you are instructed by the CM that you may stand at the railing to view the fireworks.

If you take a look at the pictures at the beginning of this thread, you'll see that there are very few tables you can actually sit down at and view the fireworks.

Also, If you see all of the parade first then attend, keep in mind that the dessert party will have been going on for a while already. There will be desserts there when you arrive, but as to how much, i have no idea. Someone else here may have more information on that.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for the recommendations

I have been trying for the last 5 weeks to make reservations for my parents. I called this morning and the CM was amazed that Feb '13 were still not open.

Any ideas when they will be taking reservations? Looking to book for my parents for their wedding anniversary (the point of our trip) for 2/5 or 2/6.

Thanks

tjwichmann said:
I have been trying for the last 5 weeks to make reservations for my parents. I called this morning and the CM was amazed that Feb '13 were still not open.

Any ideas when they will be taking reservations? Looking to book for my parents for their wedding anniversary (the point of our trip) for 2/5 or 2/6.

Thanks

I would think any day now. January opened on Nov 23 - so if Feb follows the same pattern, it would be next Monday. I would check every day.

I've been checking every day for Feb 10th. No luck so far... I'll keep trying and if I get lucky, I'll let you guys know.
Kim

I've been dis-enchanted by the dessert party :sad1:

We've been several times, mostly because its the only way I get to see the castle show and fireworks. My family members won't stand in a large crowd for the fireworks so going to the dessert party has been a a way for me to see the fireworks :cool1: Anyway, our last trip I wanted a table for 2 on Dec. 14th. I couldn't get a ressie for 2 at all, tried many times. Finally I made the ressie for 3, no problem. While I enjoyed the show, and we had a great table despite making the ressie a couple days ahead of time, the dessert party was very sparsely attended on the 14th. There were many many empty tables. It puts me off that I couldn't get a table for 2 with so many empty tables available. That fact, along with how difficult it can be to find out when the ressies are going to be available, leaves a bad feeling. I did spend the $75 willingly, but I wish Disney would make the reservation system better. Seeing all those empty tables made me feel cheated having to pay for 3 when I wanted 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter