Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Information

Hi,

I just called from Australia based on the forums mentioning April has opened and I was told April is still closed??????? I tried to book online but as I do not have a US phone number it did not allow me to proceed.

Can anyone offer me any advise?

Thanks in advance

Some have had problems trying to book online. There are some CM's that seem to be misinformed that the DP is now available for reservations. I'd call back. Now, there may be a possiblility that there are some dates that are filled up. As far as a phone number, call Disney Dining: 1-407-939-3463

Hi everyone!
Can someone tell me, how far in advance you can book the wishes dessert buffet? I just called and they said it was too far out :sad1: Also, how long does it last? If wishes is at 10pm how much in advance can we go to start munching on the goodies? Thank you. :thumbsup2

Booking for April just opened up today. For the past few months, they have been allowing for booking about 30 days out.
The party begins about 1 hour before wishes (despite what the reservation is), and ends after the fireworks end.

Thanks heaps Hunclemarco. I took your advise and called the US again and sure enough was able to book for Friday 12th April :banana:

:thanks:

Got 4/7 for 5:cool1::cool1:..not sure if I'll be able to talk my 3 boys into it. It might be too much time waiting to get in. They are more interested in rides:confused3

Just wanted to say thanks for letting us know April was open. Got the day we wanted (April 16). :cool1:

Thank you so much! :thumbsup2

Booking for April just opened up today. For the past few months, they have been allowing for booking about 30 days out.
The party begins about 1 hour before wishes (despite what the reservation is), and ends after the fireworks end.[/QUOTE]

Got 4/7 for 5:cool1::cool1:..not sure if I'll be able to talk my 3 boys into it. It might be too much time waiting to get in. They are more interested in rides:confused3

There is very little "time waiting to get in". One of the main points of the Dessert Party is that you DON'T have to kill a lot of valuable time staking out a spot for the fireworks, or even in lining up early to get a good table. The table is assigned when you make the ADR and getting there early gets you nothing but sore feet from standing around waiting.

The Party starts 1 hour before Wishes (ignore whatever ADR time you are given; the staggered times are just a computer glitch). You want to get there maybe 10 minutes before the Party starts, just to check in and get your wristband. When they open the Party they seat everyone who's checked in very, very quickly - just show you to the table that already has your name on it. Then they go back to check in & seat the stragglers. You and your family get an hour of quality eating, drinking, sitting, and conversing time, plus a great view of Wishes.

And I can't wait for May to open now, because DH really wants to go back again this trip!

Well April came available on march 1

Angel Ariel said:
My family is interested in attending this party on our trip next month. We'll have 6 adults, and 3 children (6, 3, and 8 months). I see from reading the thread that everyone goes up to the railing to see the fireworks. Is it pretty easy to get a railing spot? Or is it like parades where you end up 4-5 rows deep, and then you're under the roof and can't see anything?

I really think this would be a great way to get to see the fireworks as my brother/SIL aren't going to want to sit around waiting for fireworks on main street. This would give my nephews something to do (eat dessert) while we wait for them, and still have a good view. Plus they *love* Tinkerbell, and I think they would love seeing her fly over them! But I want to make sure that it's fairly likely that they'll be able to see well...

TIA!

Just did the dessert party for the first time last Tuesday... It was very nice! I thought there was plenty of room for all at the railing, though we did stake out our spot about 15 min before the fireworks began. Our table was front row and center! View was awesome while we ate dessert and we could see the electrical parade. Of course, it's not a perfect full fledged view, but enough for us. I will say that I was disappointed that they did not pipe in the wishes music... At times it was difficult to hear due to excited kids. The desserts were delicious and there were plenty. They also provide drinks which I didn't know beforehand. We got in line 10 min before 7 (wishes was at 8pm) and we had a 7:10 ADR. I had read that the earlier you book, the better chance you have of getting a front row table, but I didn't book until (I think) 3 weeks prior and we had the best view in the house. All in all, I would definitely do this again! You'll enjoy it!

How much is it? My daughter may be getting married down at Shades of Green, and was wondering if this would be a nice celebration after a meal.
thanks!

PalmettoPrincess said:
Just did the dessert party for the first time last Tuesday... It was very nice! I thought there was plenty of room for all at the railing, though we did stake out our spot about 15 min before the fireworks began. Our table was front row and center! View was awesome while we ate dessert and we could see the electrical parade. Of course, it's not a perfect full fledged view, but enough for us. I will say that I was disappointed that they did not pipe in the wishes music... At times it was difficult to hear due to excited kids. The desserts were delicious and there were plenty. They also provide drinks which I didn't know beforehand. We got in line 10 min before 7 (wishes was at 8pm) and we had a 7:10 ADR. I had read that the earlier you book, the better chance you have of getting a front row table, but I didn't book until (I think) 3 weeks prior and we had the best view in the house. All in all, I would definitely do this again! You'll enjoy it!

They do not pipe in the Wishes music?!?!

I pd approx $25 per person for apr 18

itisamymc said:
They do not pipe in the Wishes music?!?!

nikjd68 said:
You are in mk. U don't need the music piped in

No, they didn't.... Can you still hear, of course! I just think it would be nicer if they played it through speakers on the terrace. Like I said, with kids yelling, at times it was difficult to hear--just my opinion. But it wouldn't stop me from going again.

The music is pretty loud, there are speakers not too far from the tomorrowland terrace restaurant. Now, if there was a lot of chatter near you, i'm sure that would distract you just as it would if you were right in front of the castle. Is it blaring? No., but it is at a comfortable level (in my opinion)

Which way is best to make a reservation...online or call in the reservation? :confused3:confused3. Thanks..waiting for May! :rolleyes1

Which way is best to make a reservation...online or call in the reservation? :confused3:confused3. Thanks..waiting for May! :rolleyes1

With as quirky as the current WDW website is, I would recommend calling, but only while you are actively trying to get it online. I tried online first, confirmed there were openings for when I wanted, and as soon as I had a problem, I started calling dining. Got the ressie without a problem on the phone.

With as quirky as the current WDW website is, I would recommend calling, but only while you are actively trying to get it online. I tried online first, confirmed there were openings for when I wanted, and as soon as I had a problem, I started calling dining. Got the ressie without a problem on the phone.
Thanks! I just don't want to miss this!! Taking my grandchildren and they both love desserts (and me too!!).. Imagine that!!!:rotfl:

I am taking my Great Niece for her first DIsney visit in June. She has has to be Glutten Free, I know that Disney will be great about helping us out, but does anyone know if she will have a lot to choise from?

Thanks
Disney Bound in March / June / October 2013!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter