Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

This will be our 1st Tinkerbell 1/2 but last year we did the Princess 1/2 and we are only able to "walk briskly". We were in the 2nd last wave to start, and we kept a pretty steady 15-16 min pace. Did not stop for pictures and when we did finish there were still quite a few people behind us.
We assume that we will be able to keep the same pace this time, so hopefully we won't be near the "sweepers" ... We just need lots of Pixie Dust pixiedust:
so we can keep flying. We are with the Team in Training Flex Team. A very special event - since this is in memory of our "Tinkerbell Angel" :littleangel:
Who got her wings 11/22/10 She would be proud of her Mom and Dad :grouphug:
See you all there on Jan 20th

Do you guys know if the fastpass photographers will be out there taking pictures with the characters?

At the Princess, no, there are not Brighthouse photogs to take pics with characters. I assume it's the same at all rundisney races. There will be handlers there to take a picture with your own camera though.

kindakrazy2 said:
Patty just said y'all! This Canadian chick is easily amused by things like that. Of course I'll admit to using the stereotypical canadian "eh" both in real life and online. :rolleyes:

Where you from? I'm Canadian too!

It is Vancouver, WA. We are across the Columbian river from Portland OR.

HA! I thought there were two Canadian Vancouvers (like there are 2 Kansas Cities) so was wondering what the difference was- thank you! Geography is not my strong suit. ;)

longhorns2 said:
No idea. But I know last year they swept people at Tink by mistake!!!!! Some confusion about the timing and volunteers lead to at least 20 people getting swept who were still ahead if time (well ahead). When they complained it took too long for someone to come straighten it out and by then if was too late to let them finish.

Terrible. May have been more than 20 but I remember one post about it and she said there was a group of them that this happened to. :(

It happened again at the DL half to someone I know. Same exact situation!

Shananana said:
Do you guys know if the fastpass photographers will be out there taking pictures with the characters?

Brightroom will take pictures of you with the characters and you can purchase them. It's not the Disney photo pass people. They will also take photos with your camera/phone.

First run in 2 weeks last night!!! Only 30 minutes long but it felt really good! Gonna do 6 miles this weekend. Hopefully it feels just as good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter