Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

Just registered for my time to come back. And receives this: Out of: Mickey M 7, 7.5 Kids Minnie 10.5-13.5, 2, 3, 4.5-7 Kids Mickey 10.5, 11, 13, 4.5-7 For inventory updates, visit goo.gl/tYL85K

To track runners, you do it directly on the RunDisney website.

5K is done - very different order today - cute with tons of pirates. Even Mr and Mrs. Darling were present.
10K tomorrow -

Turned a disk in my back, but moving forward... even tho I'll be the last person across that finish line slapping Minnie's hand

Has parking been an issue since the marathon festivities officially began? I'm heading to the expo tomorrow (park later) and as an AP, I usually park in the parking structure. Is that still my best bet? I'm told I can park there and walk to the hotel. Not sure where the entrance is. Any help is much appreciated.

Michelle

Had a great time at my first Expo yesterday. I am SUPER impressed with New Balance. Well oiled machine. On the third day of the expo I still managed to get shoes! They really have it all down to a science, checking in via computer, getting a text to alert you to come to the booth. I was surprised that it wasn't just "here are your shoes, go pay". I didn't expect to be fitted and the guy took his time with me. As a first-time runner shoe buyer, I learned alot. I'm super happy with my cute Minnie Mouse shoes and am even more excited to take them out on the road to begin my training for the DL Half in August.

The rest of the expo was fun. I sat in on three seminars and met and talked with Jeff Galloway, who is super nice. I met a couple of other runners who were so encouraging. Everytime I told someone I was a newbie, their eyes lit up. You runners are really nice people :)

Now I just have to get registered. Wednesday can't come fast enough. I still can't get any answers from Disney on how it works if an AP wants to register a friend who's not an AP. The info boot at the Expo had no answers and I've tried three different e-mails and phone numbers, all of which have never responded. So, I guess it's just wait and see. Crossing everything we BOTH get in as we're doing this kind of as a team.

I can't wait for my first Disneyland run.

Great half-marathon today. Great atmosphere. As previously mentioned, I was a little concerned with starting in Coral F (registered late with a charity) but you know what? I had no problems moving up and through the runners - I was at the front of Coral F though. IMO, they spread out the starts just enough so I didn't get stalled anywhere.

BUT my posted time was almost an hour slower than my actual/net time! I have emailed the powers-to-be and assume that will get handled. It was a bit disappointing for a minute but I reminded myself I just finished a wonderful weekend of racing! Congrats to everyone who finished!

Now I just have to get registered. Wednesday can't come fast enough. I still can't get any answers from Disney on how it works if an AP wants to register a friend who's not an AP. The info boot at the Expo had no answers and I've tried three different e-mails and phone numbers, all of which have never responded. So, I guess it's just wait and see. Crossing everything we BOTH get in as we're doing this kind of as a team.[/QUOTE]

Unless they changed something, just use the link on the AP site to register yourself and your friend. You don't have to enter any AP info once you get to the registration page.

Now I just have to get registered. Wednesday can't come fast enough. I still can't get any answers from Disney on how it works if an AP wants to register a friend who's not an AP. The info boot at the Expo had no answers and I've tried three different e-mails and phone numbers, all of which have never responded. So, I guess it's just wait and see. Crossing everything we BOTH get in as we're doing this kind of as a team.

Unless they changed something, just use the link on the AP site to register yourself and your friend. You don't have to enter any AP info once you get to the registration page.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks ;)

Great half-marathon today. Great atmosphere. As previously mentioned, I was a little concerned with starting in Coral F (registered late with a charity) but you know what? I had no problems moving up and through the runners - I was at the front of Coral F though. IMO, they spread out the starts just enough so I didn't get stalled anywhere.

I started out in the middle of Corral F, but I experienced the same thing. Aside from the few obvious bottlenecks (going through the castle felt like waiting in line for Peter Pan's Flight), it was pretty easy to keep trotting along, although I fully took advantage of being able to run on the sidewalks of Anaheim. ;)

It was an incredibly emotional race for me. My friend's 3 year old daughter passed away suddenly and unexpectedly the day before, and my head wasn't in anything this weekend. She was on my mind the entire race, but she kept me going.

I am so glad I was able to take part in the race. It was a great year of preparation and rewarding to finish (my first half). I wish I was able to enjoy it a bit more, considering the circumstances, but I am still grateful for the opportunity I had.

It was an incredibly emotional race for me. My friend's 3 year old daughter passed away suddenly and unexpectedly the day before, and my head wasn't in anything this weekend. She was on my mind the entire race, but she kept me going.

I am so glad I was able to take part in the race. It was a great year of preparation and rewarding to finish (my first half). I wish I was able to enjoy it a bit more, considering the circumstances, but I am still grateful for the opportunity I had.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. How hard that must've been. But my Mickey Ears are off to you for not only still running, but finishing. And congrats on your first half!

That's so sad to hear. Glad you were able to have some good inspiration for Sunday. And congrats on finishing your 1st half! :goodvibes

I had a great time and loved all 3 courses. The CMs and red hat ladies were my fave on Sun; they were incredible. And the weather was beautiful too. I didn't stay in the parks too long on Sat., but I was pleasantly surprised about the lack of crowding in the parks Thur-Sat morning. I didn't stay Sun, b/c I remember it was really crazy last year, but the longest I waited in line for anything more than 15-20 min. Can't wait until next year!

So sorry to hear of your loss, DharmaLou. *hugs*

I did like the course change this year, going through the castle from the hub, rather than out from Fantasyland.

I had very low expectations of myself going into this race (was sick since the weekend before Christmas and hadn't trained at all in that month) and my goal was not to get picked up by the slow bus. I managed to finish in under three hours, only 1 min 5 secs slower than my personal best at Wine & Dine!

Arrived at New Balance after the "Virtual Queue" was full on Friday and wasn't able to get back after 5 or on Saturday, so my Cinderella shoes will have to wait till Princess weekend. See you real soon, runners!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!