Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

Patty I live in the Pacific Northwet where it rains from mid-October thru the fourth of July so if I didn't run in the rain I probably wouldn't run at all. Since I hate running inside so much. Now if I still lived in Dallas I'm afraid I would not be a runner since I don't do heat that well either.

I've got some nice tech running gear and a tech rain jacket that helps for most of my runs. The mantra warm shower at home helps me for the times the gear doesn't.

Kindakrazy My DH said it was snowing when he left work to come home today at noon and by the time he got home, 20 mies, the sun was shinning. Crazy it is.

I just pray for no rain and 50 degrees for Tinkerbell weekend. pixiedust:

Patty I live in the Pacific Northwet where it rains from mid-October thru the fourth of July so if I didn't run in the rain I probably wouldn't run at all. Since I hate running inside so much. Now if I still lived in Dallas I'm afraid I would not be a runner since I don't do heat that well either.

I've got some nice tech running gear and a tech rain jacket that helps for most of my runs. The mantra warm shower at home helps me for the times the gear doesn't.

Kindakrazy My DH said it was snowing when he left work to come home today at noon and by the time he got home, 20 mies, the sun was shinning. Crazy it is.

I just pray for no rain and 50 degrees for Tinkerbell weekend. pixiedust:

YES! No rain and 50 at the start- I am all over that plan!

I run very little from May-Sept outside. It's just too gross. I won't sign up for races unless they are in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb. Even March can be pushing it here in Texas! I don't mind the treadmill at all- but it's still hot even in the house when it's 100+ outside, KWIM?

And the rain is more a matter of me killing myself (total klutz) than anything else. I dont mind wet- I do mind wet AND hurt.

YES! No rain and 50 at the start- I am all over that plan!

I run very little from May-Sept outside. It's just too gross. I won't sign up for races unless they are in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb. Even March can be pushing it here in Texas! I don't mind the treadmill at all- but it's still hot even in the house when it's 100+ outside, KWIM?

And the rain is more a matter of me killing myself (total klutz) than anything else. I dont mind wet- I do mind wet AND hurt.

There is nothing but snow and ice, I have no choice to run inside. But Iv learned to love it, mainly because our gym has wifi... haha So i watch Movies on my phone while I run. lmao.... I couldnt imagine running in the rain.. or the heat. Im pretty sure there is no happy medium and what we get is what we get. What a shame. lol

Soooooooooooooo............

Remember when I asked several days ago what everyone is planning for post-Tink? Weeeeeeelllll, I may have been bitten by the running bug. I've all but decided to run a local half-marathon in March (Shamrock'n - You get a free beer once you cross the finish line, LOL). Now I'm looking at all the Rock'n Roll Halfs across the country. How much fun would it be to do the New Orleans one in February or the Portland, OR one in May? San Diego in June? Anyone with me? :lmao:

I like that I've lost these 18 pounds. I did the math - that's 25% to my overall loss goal!!!! Seems like I have to keep on trucking if I want to lose this caboose. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

30 days!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp!!!!!!!!! Holy crunch time!!!

This actually scares me a bit!!!!

I have a dentist appt this afternoon which is awsome cause it means I'll get home before its completely dark outside so I should have a little bit of light for my run tonight!

Now I'm looking at all the Rock'n Roll Halfs across the country. How much fun would it be to do the New Orleans one in February or the Portland, OR one in May? San Diego in June? Anyone with me? :lmao:

I like that I've lost these 18 pounds. I did the math - that's 25% to my overall loss goal!!!! Seems like I have to keep on trucking if I want to lose this caboose. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I've done the 1 in NO, but before RnR took it over. NO is 1 of my fav cities so I'm a little biased, but I loved it!!! It was a lot of fun, and it's kinda like Disney races, you're in NO, so how bad can it be afterwards? I really want to go back and run that 1 again. I've done SD 3x's, it's hillier than you think it would be. I've also been jinxed and when I've run it, there's been no June Gloom and the course once you're outside of Balboa is not shaded so keep that in mind. But of course last year I didn't run it and the fog was back! :rotfl2: And they're prices have gone up a lot. I know Disney races have to, but at least you get to be in the park a bit. I'm going down again and doing the SD 1/2 in March. It's a lot cheaper and the course is flat except for 1 big hill and it's prettier than RnR.

Congrats on the weight loss everyone!!

I'm working on the back way in for the waivers, but nothing yet. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday. And the course...:furious: We'll probably find out in the race program before they post it online. I can't believe we're a month out and no course info, that's just horrible. People should know where they're running before they get down to the race.

On 12/12 RnR did a discount so I up for San Antonio. It's close to me, flat, and December should be cool enough to meet my fair weather requirements. Ha! I love the bling

Yeah... This is what I'd suspect from an inaugural race. I think they've bitten off more than they can chew with Tink so close to marathon. And 20th marathon at that. The course should be released for goodness sake!

I'm working on the back way in for the waivers, but nothing yet. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday.

I'm thinking Friday since the site says "Includes all registration received through 12/17/2012"

Any back way in on the course? lol

Remember when I asked several days ago what everyone is planning for post-Tink? Weeeeeeelllll, I may have been bitten by the running bug. I've all but decided to run a local half-marathon in March (Shamrock'n - You get a free beer once you cross the finish line, LOL). Now I'm looking at all the Rock'n Roll Halfs across the country. How much fun would it be to do the New Orleans one in February or the Portland, OR one in May? San Diego in June? Anyone with me? :lmao:

jessica

I am doing a Shamrock 15 K in March. The Nike womend half in DC in April. Plus I am doing the Portland RnR. The RnR will be at the start of the Rose Festival and promises to be great.

I'm working on the back way in for the waivers, but nothing yet. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday. And the course...:furious: We'll probably find out in the race program before they post it online. I can't believe we're a month out and no course info, that's just horrible. People should know where they're running before they get down to the race.

I have it on very good authority that we will receive the course route friday moring at the expo with the caveat that it may be changed at anytime up to and including gun time. It is Disney afteral.

She says as she runs and hides. :joker:

Yeah... This is what I'd suspect from an inaugural race. I think they've bitten off more than they can chew with Tink so close to marathon. And 20th marathon at that. The course should be released for goodness sake!

I'm thinking Friday since the site says "Includes all registration received through 12/17/2012"

Any back way in on the course? lol

I though the same thing last year. While we got the course at the end of the summer, August pops in my head but I could be wrong, we didn't receive our waivers until 3 weeks out, mostly b/c of WDW. And I was thinking that they were taking on a bit much when I saw the program last year that the wknds were back to back. They should have waited to change Tink until next year when WDW moves back up a wknd. As for the course... I wish! But I'll keep working on trackshack tomorrow. Fingers crossed for good news!!

I have it on very good authority that we will receive the course route friday moring at the expo with the caveat that it may be changed at anytime up to and including gun time. It is Disney afteral.

She says as she runs and hides. :joker:

That is 1 of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Although, my source says that they are going to post it in the staging area Sat for the 5k and Sun for for the 1/2. Hopefully the elite runners and A corral look at it 1st or we could be running all over Anaheim and a free for all in the parks!!! Wherever you want to run is good as long as you clock 13.1. :rotfl:

I though the same thing last year. While we got the course at the end of the summer, August pops in my head but I could be wrong, we didn't receive our waivers until 3 weeks out, mostly b/c of WDW. And I was thinking that they were taking on a bit much when I saw the program last year that the wknds were back to back. They should have waited to change Tink until next year when WDW moves back up a wknd. As for the course... I wish! But I'll keep working on trackshack tomorrow. Fingers crossed for good news!!

That is 1 of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Although, my source says that they are going to post it in the staging area Sat for the 5k and Sun for for the 1/2. Hopefully the elite runners and A corral look at it 1st or we could be running all over Anaheim and a free for all in the parks!!! Wherever you want to run is good as long as you clock 13.1. :rotfl:

Bahahahaha! Too funny. You guys are :smokin: dope. :rotfl2:

I'm wondering if the point of Tink and WDW back to back was to give some folks the possible opportunity to do C2C. Will be interesting to see what they do next year. Thinking of the overseas folks or Canadians (holla!) who might stay in the US longer, and be able to get coast to coast quickly. Or they were smoking dope when they came up with this idea. :thumbsup2

Canadian checking in - ya, I can see the appeal of doing the C2C in one big whirlwind trip for sure. The savings in airfare alone would be huge. But I wanted to be a PRINCESS so I'm doing it that way! LOL!

I do like the idea of clocking your own random 13.1 though. I'll be the one circling the castle in a lime green tutu like a crazy woman! :rotfl:

Wasn't prepared for the snowy sleet today on my run - good thing I was 1 mile from home - otherwise, I probably would have bailed!

Canadian checking in - ya, I can see the appeal of doing the C2C in one big whirlwind trip for sure. The savings in airfare alone would be huge. But I wanted to be a PRINCESS so I'm doing it that way! LOL!

I do like the idea of clocking your own random 13.1 though. I'll be the one circling the castle in a lime green tutu like a crazy woman! :rotfl:

Do we have to actually RUN the 13.1?

I wonder how many trips on Ca Screaming I would have to make to clock 13.1 miles?

I promise to move my legs at all times and keep my eyes firmly closed so I don't realize I'm going updide down. :eek:

Wasn't prepared for the snowy sleet today on my run - good thing I was 1 mile from home - otherwise, I probably would have bailed!

Nice job on finishing! Hope you weren't too wet at the end.

Do we have to actually RUN the 13.1?

I wonder how many trips on Ca Screaming I would have to make to clock 13.1 miles?

I promise to move my legs at all times and keep my eyes firmly closed so I don't realize I'm going updide down. :eek:

Nope! Distance traveled while on rides counts, as long as like you said, you keep your feet moving while on the ride cars. However, height does not, so TOT and Mickey's Wheel, while fun, won't really do anything for ya! But you still have the 3 1/2 hours, so keep that in mind if lines are long. And remember, you can go backstage too.

I like the way you ladies think. We should just contact runDisney and let them know we've got it all worked out for them and they can concentrate on WDW - we've got Tink under control over here. :cool1:

I am doing Shamrock'n. It's a nice course.

We are planning to to the San Francisco Rock n Roll in April since it is the inaugral race. We did Portland and San Jose this year and I got a PR in San Jose.

They usually offer discounts for all the RnR races on holidays. If you like the Rock n Roll series on Facebook you will be able to see when they have the discounts.

One of the perks of a Rock n Roll is if you get picked up by the sweeper bus they will drop you off at mile 12 do you can cross the finish line.

Nope! Distance traveled while on rides counts, as long as like you said, you keep your feet moving while on the ride cars. However, height does not, so TOT and Mickey's Wheel, while fun, won't really do anything for ya! But you still have the 3 1/2 hours, so keep that in mind if lines are long. And remember, you can go backstage too.

A very long time ago (and I say about 12-15 years ago), when my friend used to work at Disney, I did a Fantasyland 5K like that - you had to ride Small World a certain number of times, the Peter Pan ride, etc - it was a fundraiser. So it is possible :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter