The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbunny

snowbunny DIS Veteran

ITA. And my kids are chickens too and won't ride it if it's a killer coaster. Hopefully they've got that with the Dueling Dragons/Flight of the Hippogrif remake, and the Forbidden Journey will be more creative and less stomach churning.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. heatherbelle

heatherbelle DIS Veteran

4. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of kp1zza, SSC:
    http://www.orlandounited.com

5. traceycooper

traceycooper <font color=royalblue>Laughs off her mini dramas<b

How cool :)

6. Grace&Carolinesmom

Grace&Carolinesmom DIS Veteran

I don't know if this has been posted...or if it is even true given the source but....

I called today to make reservations at PBH for Apr 21-25. The reservationist asked if I was familiar with the new rules for express pass since Harry Potter will probably be open when I visit? I said no. She said the express passes--FOTL-- will only be valid for one ride a day at each of the new Harry Potter rides because of the large crowds they are expecting.

Also--it is weird that there are no standard rooms available for my stay at PBH and no supersaver rates being offerred. I had to book a deluxe room with AAA discount. Seems a little strange since Mardi Gras is over Apr 17 and grad nites wouldn't typically fill up PBH. Could it be the soft opening of HP? They also do not have park hours up yet for April.

7. atricks

atricks Mouseketeer

Spring Break and the month it's in is almost always the busiest time for hotels in Orlando, even over Christmas just based on $ numbers alone.

8. pixeegrl

pixeegrl DIS Veteran

Hopefully she is referring to the fact that they are only selling the Single Use express passes now and that does not include hotel guests. We pay good money to stay onsite for that very privilege. Otherwise we would stay offsite MUCH cheaper!

9. yaytezIOA

yaytezIOA ioacentralveteran

I took that to mean that they are going to limit the hotel express pass usage on Harry Potter rides only. I can understand it too, it is going to be hugely popular and very busy the first year or so. It will still be available unlimited for all the other rides, but that section. I honestly dont know how they will track it though.

10. yaytezIOA

It's not a coaster. It's been said officially.

11. pixeegrl

pixeegrl DIS Veteran

That makes me feel a little better and like you said how would they keep track anyways? Guess we'll find out soon!

12. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Mookie, Orlando United

13. yaytezIOA

Thats funny as hellodolly.
    Even more pictures here.
    And what if Potter doesnt deliver? What then Universal? They have this one chance to capture the worlds attention, and they'll have it...what happens, when the world is watching, and they dont knock it out of the park?

14. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

15. snowbunny

snowbunny DIS Veteran

For sure there is a lot riding on this, I think they will knock it out of the park.

16. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Looks to me like they've already knocked it out of the park. And the world has been watching and the world has been amazed.

17. rie'smom

rie'smom <font color=green>"Always let your conscience be y

As far as I'm concerned, Uni knocked it out of the park when they started FOTL. Everything there is top notch. I'm not a bit worried about reaction to WWOHP. They're owned by a studio for God's sake. Uni knocks it out of the park w/out Harry Potter-that's just icing on the cake.

18. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Mookie, Orlando United

19. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

20. Pink Flamingo

Pink Flamingo <font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC

:wizard:Thanks for all the great new pics! I still can't imagine what it's all going to look like once it's complete. Very exciting.

21. Calgary DISHeads

Calgary DISHeads DIS Veteran

I can't believe how far it's come since Christmas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.