The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerdboyrockstar

nerdboyrockstar <font color=purple>Mouseketeer<br><font color=gree

It's crazy that it's set to open in just a few months and we don't have big overhyped press released detailing the big attraction at all yet.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kuayoung

kuayoung Earning My Ears

I am starting to get a little concerned about the height requirements in this land. If this ride is using high technology, it may also make my kids not able to ride it. One of them is already not tall enough to ride the Dueling Dragons ride if they keep it where it is. Given this is a land for Harry Potter Fans (a lot of kids), has anyone heard any suggestions around this piece? I am just concerned because I am getting my kids really excited and now wonder if I need to tone it down. :confused3

4. mark2311

mark2311 Mouseketeer

In Legoland their stationary 'Robocoaster', which is the same technology to be used, has a height restriction of 40". However if you're under 55" then you need to be with someone who is. Don't know if it'd be any different, but i can't see why it should.

5. mark2311

mark2311 Mouseketeer

There's some info here about the Robocoaster and concepts which are soon to be implemented. Might be something similar to what we'll see

6. mousiemom

mousiemom adam lambert lover!

we were there this past sept. and it is amazing how much they have done! it is so massive!!! we will be there 1st week of december, can't wait!!

7. Howellsy

Howellsy :)

Harry Potter was released in 1997 and so most fans are now in their late teens and 20s. Obviously it has young fans too, but the majority of fans are older and so it would be slightly unfair to have rides just aimed at children. I can't say I would be surprised if most rides were aimed at older children and adults.

8. SmallWorld71

SmallWorld71 DIS Veteran

I am inclined to agree. I would expect a Harry Potter land to be geared towards ages 9 and up since that is what the books/ movies are geared towards. DS14, DS10 and I are all huge fans and very excited about it. DD6, on the other hand, has seen the first 2 movies, but I really don't consider the others to be age appropriate for her. I think that she will enjoy the theming and I am glad that there is a ride geared towards her age (the kiddie coaster) because it will make touring easier, but we are definitely not going there for her benefit. That's what Seuss Landing is for. :goodvibes

9. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I expect the ride to be similar in intensity to Spiderman or Indiana Jones at Disneyland. Lots of thrills but not white knuckles.

10. Dznefreek

Dznefreek DIS Veteran

I've heard it will be a mix of Spider-man and the Mummy . . . . . .

11. cheesekate2005

cheesekate2005 DIS Veteran

Not to get off of the topic here but...

Does anyone have the scoop on the dining options that will be available in the new area? I read somewhere that there will be a signature restaurant. So, does this mean a super fancy restaurant or an average restaurant with waiter etc. Any information or speculation would be appreciated!

12. damo

damo Proud Redhead

The Three Broomsticks will be the signature restaurant. However, I don't believe it will be fancy at all. Might even be a counter service and go sit yourself type of restaurant.

13. cheesekate2005

cheesekate2005 DIS Veteran

Thanks...I guess if I stay tuned here I'll find out more as it becomes available.

14. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Samuele, Orlando United
    http://www.orlandounited.com

15. Pink Flamingo

Pink Flamingo <font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC

Amazing! Keep those great pics coming :goodvibes.

16. Tinks1984

Tinks1984 <font color=red>We're having a mini party!<br><fon

Over here in the UK, one of our national papers (The Telegraph) have been running specials on WWoHP and with it I was hoping for any developments, but alas, there haven't been any further secrets revealed as of yet. I'll keep an eye on the paper this week and update if there are any.

17. renda460

renda460 Mouseketeer

I wonder if this restaurant will open with the Harry Potter grand opening? Or will it be phased in afterwards? I cant find reference to it now, but I swear I had read previously that it would be a sit down restaurant with waiters, etc.

18. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

19. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Teebin, Orlando United
    http://www.orlandounited.com

20. csmommy

csmommy <font color=purple>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>

This is what I found.

The Three Broomsticks
    Table service
    DESCRIPTION

Located in the Hogsmead section, this restaurant from the Harry Potter books will offer a variety of Scottish and British-inspired entrees.

21. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

^^ If they have good Shepherd's Pie, I'm sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.