The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the Mugglenet article too. At first I was really excited, but then I noticed that Disney is charging Easter pricing on those days as Easter Sunday is a few days after the 26th. I'm not too familiar on Universal price seasons/ hours schedules, but it seems to me that the increased prices and hours are simply for Easter.

I saw the Mugglenet article too. At first I was really excited, but then I noticed that Disney is charging Easter pricing on those days as Easter Sunday is a few days after the 26th. I'm not too familiar on Universal price seasons/ hours schedules, but it seems to me that the increased prices and hours are simply for Easter.
That's probably the reason...I really don't think Harry Potter will be ready to go by March/April.

Courtesy of Mookie, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Mookie said:
IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

more to come later!

Wow great updates, just joining this thread! Booking the HRH for August and CANT WAIIIIIT!!!

For those of you looking for an awesome view of Hogwarts/great photo op, follow these steps:

-Follow the path to Dueling Dragons.
-Go up the exit of DD
-When the construction wall ends, you'll be facing a vine covered wall
-Turn around
-Ooh and ahh and take pics

Harry Potter Construction update 12-31-09

This is the third construction update of the Wonderful Wizzarding World of Harry Potter which is set to open sometime in spring of 2010. As you can see, Hogsmead is coming along nicely as is Hogwart's Castle. That's where the new "secret indoor ride" is going to be built. The speculation is that it's going to be a new mobile Robocoaster arm. Just think of it as a Spiderman type ride style with a robotic arm with seats attached to the end. Also the work has extended to the queing area for the Dueling Dragons, which will soon to be renamed "Dragons Challenge". The walls extend to the station as well, but it was too dark to film in the station.

I just moved a reservation to the end of March due to the concert series. They expect it to be open by then, but Express won't be available.

Thanks for posting the pics! My daughter is a HUGE HP fan and she wants to go here as soon as she can!! She graduates in May, I'd love to take her there afterwards, but Orlando is so faarrrrr from where we live (Alaska) that it's a major event if we go!

Courtesy of Jmaff, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Jmaff said:
Sweet pictures Sammy! Some more scaffolding on T3B has come off! I'd like to point out a couple things from your big update on your site:

100_5651.JPG

OMG! Pine trees! Or new trees in general. I have a feeling they are making a surrounding forest just like in the concept art.

100_5647.JPG

The powerade bottles are still there...HA!

I'm really excited for this but my question is the new ride going to be a big thrill ride? I'm not a fan of the big roller coasters but I love harry potter. A dark ride that has some OH GOSH! moments sounds great but I'm more interested in the story and the theming and the "magic" than big drops, spirals, scares. I don't want to have to keep my eyes closed and feel sick the whole time. In fact, if the ride goes upside down or anything like that I wouldn't ride it. Also, I know the dark ride is going to be "in" hogwarts but will that be all thats in there? the line and the ride? bc I want to be able to "explore" all of the places that I feel like I know so well from the books! the dorms, the moving staircases, a painting swinging open and climbing into a room, the classrooms, the restricted section of the library, saying "acid pops" and going up to dumbledores office, the owlry, etc.

IDK I feel like I have such high expectations that I'll be really disappointed if its just stores and a thrill ride in an english village.

I'm really excited for this but my question is the new ride going to be a big thrill ride? I'm not a fan of the big roller coasters but I love harry potter. A dark ride that has some OH GOSH! moments sounds great but I'm more interested in the story and the theming and the "magic" than big drops, spirals, scares. I don't want to have to keep my eyes closed and feel sick the whole time. In fact, if the ride goes upside down or anything like that I wouldn't ride it. Also, I know the dark ride is going to be "in" hogwarts but will that be all thats in there? the line and the ride? bc I want to be able to "explore" all of the places that I feel like I know so well from the books! the dorms, the moving staircases, a painting swinging open and climbing into a room, the classrooms, the restricted section of the library, saying "acid pops" and going up to dumbledores office, the owlry, etc.

IDK I feel like I have such high expectations that I'll be really disappointed if its just stores and a thrill ride in an english village.
Universal has kept very tight lipped about the new attraction...no one really knows what it's about.

We know that the queue will let you see many rooms in Hogwarts and there will be lots of interactive things. No one is quite sure how "thrilling" the ride is going to be but from the sounds of it, you won't be going upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter