The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky07

ky07 <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=teal>

Thats almost a givin but I agree with you I will be there too :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dollyrar

Dollyrar DIS Veteran

If they try to do fish and chips, it better be better than that muck they serve at epcot!! x

4. Tinks1984

Tinks1984 <font color=red>We're having a mini party!<br><fon

:lmao: I have to agree! The version of Harry Ramsdens in Epcot is shocking! If I were Universal, I'd just give up and not even attempt to try produce a decent chips and fish meal!

5. Howellsy

Howellsy :)

I didn't know that! I'll have to keep an eye out on The Telegraph now to keep me updated :)

6. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

7. honeybee8200

honeybee8200 Mouseketeer

I think I am now more excited about WWoHP then I am going to Disney! I can't wait to shop, go to Olivander's, eat at the 3 broomsticks. I expect people to post lots of pictures if they get to go before I do in September. :thumbsup2

8. Taylor'sMom

Taylor'sMom Wish I was there...

Forgive me as I've hopped and skipped through 45 pages of this thread, but didn't I read somewhere that part of the area woudl be open in December?
    Did it not end up opening? Or did I miss posts of people reporting back?

9. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I think that was pure speculation, it did not happen. In fact, since Hogwarts looks completed much faster than Hogsmeade village, I don't think it was ever actually considered.

10. yaytezIOA

yaytezIOA ioacentralveteran

Actually it was. When the announcement first broke in 07 they said a portion would be ready in 09, they quickly changed that when Rockit broke ground.
    More potter pics here. Some night shots as well as some before/after shots...literally an hour apart. Crews are flying! OH, some Trike Encounter shots for those still hopeful the old girl will return.

11. Judy from Boise

Judy from Boise <font color=teal>Watch out – might take away your Moderator

So how do you feel about the snow? I am torn and will have to be sold on it. It might look nice on opening, but what a maintenance nightmare. Will all of the characters, shopkeepers etc have to "pretend" that it is winter when they are in character? And, will it be like enslaved Narnia.....always winter but never Christmas!

12. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Samuele, Orlando United
    http://www.orlandounited.com

13. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

14. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

15. ready4mouse

ready4mouse Mouseketeer

Wow!!! Being able to see the village take shape is amazing! At first I said it didn't matter to me if WWOHP was open for my end-of-April vacation, but now IT DOES!!!! I am really hoping it will be open!

16. PrincessKara22

PrincessKara22 Princess in Training

I just looked at the robocoaster stuff and if thats what the ride will be made out of I won't be going on the ride. That is just not fun for me. Pretty disappointed if thats what it ends up being. I don't have a tolerance for thrills. For me, dinosaur is scary--I've never been to Universal so I can't compare it to rides there but a mix of splash mountain, dinosaur, test track, and Haunted Mansion with Harry Potter bought to incredibly detailed life is what I'm hoping for---anytime the seat belt is that drop down around the shoulder big things I get nervous.

17. IndianaSPEED

IndianaSPEED Earning My Ears

I'm very excited to hear that the Robocoaster Company will be working with Universal for the new Harry Potter attraction. I'm not a fan of Harry Potter but being able to ride something "new" and "exciting" will always tickle my fancy. I just hope that it is not a full simulator like The Simpson's Ride or a Motion Theater Ride like Soarin at EPCOT. I hope it will utilize Robocoaster's G3 Systems due to its actual "rollercoaster" elements.

Can't wait to go to Universal this year! :cool1:

18. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I know for a fact that it has scenes that it travels through, like Spiderman

19. ky07

ky07 <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=teal>

Not really a potter fan but if they do something simular to spiderman with it then I will give it a try

20. csmommy

csmommy <font color=purple>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Arrives in Orlando This Spring
    Newest Area at Universal's Islands of Adventure Is 'Magical'

Hogwarts castle at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
    © 2010 Universal Orlando Resort. All Rights Reserved.
    Are you wondering what to expect when The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens at Universal's Islands of Adventure® this spring? The themed area will comprise 20 acres of the 100-acre park, so get prepared by making your reservation at one of your two Orlando resorts and brushing up on a few attraction factoids:

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey within Hogwarts castle is a state-of-the-art attraction that brings the stories to life

Hogwarts Express will billow steam and whistle, signaling its arrival into Hogsmeade Station

Dragon Challenge is a twin high-speed roller coaster with elements from the Triwizard Tournament (formerly Dueling Dragons®)

Honeydukes is a sweet shop selling Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans

You can taste Butterbeer, pumpkin juice and traditional British fare at Three Broomsticks and Hog's Head pub

Zonko's joke shop will have Extendable Ears, Boxing Telescopes and Sneakosnopes

Owls roost and await their next delivery at The Owlery, while the Owl Post sends letters with a certified Hogsmeade postmark

The wand will choose the wizard at Ollivanders wand shop

Dervish and Banges will display the latest in magical instruments and equipment

Flight of the Hippogriff is a family coaster simulating a Hippogriff training flight (formerly The Flying Unicorn)

Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods is full of Ministry of Magic and magical creatures merchandise

"I thought that Timothy, our 4-year-old, would love to send a letter from the Owl Post so that he could see the official Hogsmeade postmark," said Starwood Vacation Owner Dennis Wong, who took an exclusive tour of the attraction in late 2009. "And 18-month-old Christopher couldn't take his eyes off of the Hogwarts Express train, which will greet guests as they enter Hogsmeade.

21. TaylorsDad

TaylorsDad DIS Veteran

If it is even anything remotely like spiderman, it will be a must do ride for me. No doubt it will be spectacular whatever kind of ride it is. IMHO very few rides at IOA disappoint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.