1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I have created a forum on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and a thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caribbeanprincess

Caribbeanprincess Princess of the Caribbean Seas

I've been a Harry Potter fan for a little over 10 years now, so obviously I'm incredibly excited for this land in IOA to open. I remember the first rumors of a theme park back in the day and I am so happy they became reality. I think this board should have an 'official' thread where all updates and question about WWOHP can be posted, I looked but couldn't find one so I created one. Anyway, here are some pics I took on June 17th of the building progress to kick off the thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DeblovesPoohbear

DeblovesPoohbear Disney Dreamin

Cool. thanks for sharing!

4. Emma Watson just said that her, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint have filmed a short sequence which will be shown on a ride there. She said sometihng about them talking to guests :confused3 That was the only information she gave though, but hopefully we'll be able to find out more about that soon :thumbsup2

5. Caribbeanprincess

I'm not big into roller-coasters at all, but if there's an HP one I'll just have to ride it. I also hope there's some kind of simulation of Quidditch, that would be great.

6. Caribbeanprincess

News from the Orlando Sentinel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/orl-universal-harry-potter-070509,0,3515110.story

7. JackandSally79

JackandSally79 Growing old but not up

Thanks for the update! We were there in Jan. and not much to see. We will be going back in Nov. hope to see more.

8. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

9. njsweetP

njsweetP Mouseketeer

I am so glad I found this thread! We are planning our next trip to Orlando around the opening of this park! But by the sounds of it, it doesn't look like it will be open by June, 2010. Does anyone have an opening date? The previous article said Summer, 2010 :confused3

10. I wish they would give us more of a timeline of when it will open besides 2010! I've heard both spring 2010 and summer 2010.

11. Caribbeanprincess

Wow! Those are looking amazing! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

I wish they'd give us a more specific timeline also. I'm planning a trip around this opening.

12. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

Great pics. Did someone hop the fence to get those-awesome. :thumbsup2

13. dr&momto2boys

dr&momto2boys Mouseketeer

I'm hoping Universal will make some kind of announcement with the release of this next movie. It seems like it would be a good time to be promoting the park!

We have a tripped planned next May and December to Orlando. 2 nights at Universal in May. We'll have to plan a little Universal in December if not open in May.

14. eeyorethegreat

eeyorethegreat Mouseketeer

Take this as a rumor as I can't remember where I saw the information but what I read was that it is slated to open July 2010. We have a trip to WDW planned for August 2010 and a couple days at Universal so I am really hoping this is the case!:wizard:

15. xanphylus

xanphylus Mouseketeer

I can't wait until it opens- but I will wait until a few months after the initial opening to visit. I think an October visit would be excellent. Not as hot and less people- so I can look at every little detail of Harry's world. I heard it would be opening earlier than there first expected date, but who knows?

16. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

October would be a great time to come...you could do HHN while you're here. :thumbsup2

17. Magalex

Magalex Mouseketeer

We are hoping for a short Nov. 2010 trip to Orlando to enjoy SW and Universal. We are so excited. We just became HP fans this summer. Our DS is turning 9 next month so he is at an excellent age for HP.

18. Planogirl

Planogirl <font color=purple>I feel the nerd in me stirring

This is exciting and it's just like Universal to just give little hints like they are doing. I'm looking forward to seeing the village and forest most of all for some reason.

19. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Snake Heads

From Screamspace

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Those large snake heads
    spotted behind the scenes the other day look just like those seen in the second
    Harry Potter film (Chamber of Secrets)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Hmmmm...I wonder if we could be seeing Dueling Dragons turned into something like Dueling Cobras? ;)

21. Caribbeanprincess

Do you guys think there will be a grand opening with some of the movie stars or something of the sort? I'd love to attend that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.