The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

Morning all, still raining here. Our grass is getting a little out of hand, but when we cut it it won't look like a beautiful green carpet. Cape Cod not's really known for it's beautiful grass.

Lauren- I had grand plans to stay up after my husband left for work, he leaves about 5:30, and use the eliptical. I'm blaming it on the rain, but I went back to bed. I used to use it during the Martha Stewert show, but I just don't care for her new show.

Vickie- You just have a couple more weeks until your surgery, right? That will leave you plenty of time to recover and before you know it you'll be having your Disney vacation feeling great.

Maria- I'm sorry you had to make such a difficult choice, your two little guys will be worth the wait.

Kathy- Kyle must be so excited! Baseball can still be part of his life, I think it would be more frustrating to be on the team and not playing than not be on the team and just enjoying the games. Granted, I'm not a baseball fan so I have a different perspective. Besides, it's fun to go away to college, even if it's hard for mom.

Laura- I though of you this morning as I packed banana bread for the kiddo.

Aimee- I'm so glad I don't live near you, I would scoop that pup up in an instant. What a great picture. I'm sure you'll find him a great home.

Ann- Thinking of your mom and the rest of your family.

Leftovers for dinner again.

Ok...now I feel really bad !!

Please dont fret over me,Im a big strong lassie and I'll be fine.

I wasn't fishing for sympathy.....altho it does mean a lot that youse care.
I just wanted to explain why I had missed so many posts.

I dont want to befall the same fate as others who dont reply to youse guys....yer might hard !! ;):laughing:jk.

Oh and i hope to BBL !! :upsidedow

It is beautiful here in my little piece of the country. The sun is shining, no wind and temps in the low 60's. Should get to around 75 later this afternoon.

My Baby is home. YEA!! We had a really good time last night. We just had grilled hamburgers, baked beans and brownies for dinner. Nothing spectacular but it filled the hole. I only had the hamburger - no beans or brownie, oh I had some chips also.

This time of the year I totally become a golf widow. My boys will be at the Country Club as it is "Men's night". Matthew is so darn excited as he finally gets to play with his Dad. Once they get out of High School they can play Men's league and Men's night. Tonight will be his first offical night as a "BIG" boy.

So with that being said I am on my own for Dinner tonight. I think I will broil some salmon and steam some broccoli. Not to exciting but my boys do NOT like Salmon and I do.

I have not read back yet, but I will as soon as I get the Bulletins ready for Sunday services. I promise I will be back. Prayers and Joy to all who need it right now.

I did a brief read...chatty girls! I want to make a couple of quick comments I need to get moving and motivated today!!!

Once again, I typed a whole reply out and lost it...so here I go again!!!

Vickie, we do care. Get yourself well. Thanks for the humor, you made me laugh :lmao:

Maria, good things come to those who wait. I too think you made the right decision. I am sending so many prayers that your wishes come true. I hope things start to move along for your adoptions. Continued prayers for MIL and Greg. xoxo

Kathy, you and DH raised a bright wonderful boy with a good head on his shoulders. I see great things in his future. I am glad you were able to share with everyone what you have been going through. I am here for you whenever you need me.

Lauren, no sure if it is a nodule or lump? I forget what term was used when the doctor called.

Stephanie, :cheer2: Yay, Kris!!!! :cheer2:

Hugs to you all, if I had more time before heading out I would do the whole multi quote thing over.

Thank you all for your continued prayers for DM. Dad seems to be doing a little better and is getting more mobilty. I will keep you all updated as we hear news.

Yesterday I shopped for DS new big boy bedroom. I decided on a sports theme to decorate. My DSD got me a great deal on all of the bedding. It was on clearance and she gets a 20% employee discount. Here is the set...
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=116946&RN=47

Today I am going for a haircut. No cooking for this old lady today. DH, DS ,and I are going out for a casual birthday supper with my parents.
:scared1: 40 :scared1:

Hi Everyone! We are still surviving our crazy week, but I have to say, it was really difficult getting out of bed this morning. I had a dream that I was already up and awake, but then I realized I wasn't and had to jump out and get everything together in half my usual time.

I do appreciate all the compliments, but believe me, I am no Wonder Woman. The thought of wearing that costume...:scared1::laughing: Seriously, though, thank you for all the nice comments. :goodvibes I do agree with Sheryl...I think we all have a little bit of Wonder Woman in us. We kind of have to, don't we?

Ellen -- I'm sure you had a wonderful reunion with Matthew yesterday. He is probably really looking forward to getting some good meals and reconnecting with all of you and his friends.

I didn't think the deployments were 18 months any more...is that what Jay was told? I hope it is just the 12...that is long enough. Greg would agree with Nancy's Timmy. Greg returned from his 2nd tour in December, and it was MUCH different than his first tour in 2006. Jay and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I think your childrens age can be hard than a newborn...you make me exhausted!

Yes, but unlike you, I can usually count on a full night's rest! :hug: for you and good thoughts and prayers for your mom.

Is today your birthday? If so, happy birthday!

Aimee -- That pup is such a cutie! I hope you find him a good home soon. Good luck today!

Sheryl -- Was the halibut dinner last night? That sounded SO good.

I must really have you all fooled! There are days when nothing gets done.

We have days like that too. Actually, sometimes we have weeks like that. :laughing:

Vickie -- I hope you are feeling better.

Maria -- :hug:

Kathy -- You must be so proud of Kyle to make that tough decision. He is such a great kid and you are a terrific mom to have raised him that way. It stinks that he had a lousy coach this year and a bad college ball experience, but Kyle will be a success despite all that.

Laura- I though of you this morning as I packed banana bread for the kiddo.
:thumbsup2 Caili just decided to avoid the whole lunch controversy, so she brings peanut butter and jelly every day now. Her teacher is so happy. :rolleyes:

Stephanie -- As soon as they announced that Kris was safe, I thought of you. Everyone in your town must be so excited to throw him a welcome home party.

I know I am missing people...it is so hard to keep up if I only check in once a day.

We have ballet, dance recital tickets to purchase and a baseball game (if it doesn't rain) this afternoon. I'm going to feed Liam early while Caili is at ballet, and Caili and I will eat at the game. I don't know what we're having yet though.

Morning Y'all,

I read through but don't have time to comment on all of it if I want to make my hair appt! :banana: Woohoo, Yes I got one for today!! Cut & color I'm so happy I've been looking so yucky!

I just have to mention...

Maria, I'm sorry I know that was such a hard decision! I know you know it was the right one for you. :hug: Prayers are ongoing for you & your family!

Vicki, You may be a big strong lass, but please take care of yourself until the surgery! Sending prayers o'er the water!:hug:

Kat, Please check my post about all of this on the other thread. My 2cents it's the right right decision! GEAAUUXXX TIIIGERS!!!!! He is going to LOVE LSU!!

copied from my Nola post:

Funny from Alexis this morning... Her Mom bought her a kiddie pedicure kit, with the little pink sandals, the toe thingies, soap confetti etc. & brought it to my house. (Alexis & I have done pedi's before without a darn kit but that's another story!;)) Alexis is all excited about it & this morning while eating breakfast, asked " Nana, when I get home from school can we do Pedi-Fours ? " :laughing: Bob & I cracked up but of course I said " yes Alexis we can definitely do Pedi-Fours!" :cutie::laughing: Gosh I love that kid!

I was able to move up my hair appt to today!:cool1: I'm so happy, I've been looking pretty bad. Hope everyone has a good day!

BBL! :laughing: That's just funny now!

Besides, it's fun to go away to college, even if it's hard for mom.

He's going to be living in an awesome apartment complex that is actually university housing, fully furnished and 3 good friends as roommates! I think I'm going to be OK, he's not going to be that far away.

I dont want to befall the same fate as others who dont reply to youse guys....yer might hard !! ;):laughing:jk.

:lmao:

It stinks that he had a lousy coach this year and a bad college ball experience, but Kyle will be a success despite all that.

I hate to see his ball career end on such a sour note, but life isn't always sweet now is it.;)

Sheryl, now i am jealous of you...i desperately need color and cut and they do not have me on the books!!! how can they lose a cut and coloe, kids cut and pedi appt???? dang computer probably! i am waiting for a call back to see if they can fit me in...cute pedi four story!

gotta share something esle...btw...feeding baby that is why i am typing funny. i just placed my first real butcher order!!! i always wanted to find a good butcher and was just recommended to one in the area. picking up tomorrow. :cool1:

Sure Lauren, rub it in. You have green grass AND a butcher. I would love to order 1/2 of a cow. You probably have good local corn too. You'll have to try the rub (sorry I forget who posted) with the nutmeg, my dad love's nutmeg on his steaks. All of a sudden leftovers don't sound as tasty.

Kathy- I moved into an apartment my second year, it was cheaper than the dorms and I lived by myself. Our doorms were old army barracks, with 4 to a room. 4 girls do not get along, I felt like Glynis, the messanger between the two sides. And you don't know his baseball days are over yet.

Sheryl- I'd rather have petit fours over a pedicure anyday, she's a smart kid.

Laura- I made the bread with 1/2 whole wheat flour and it tasted the same to me, now the cup of sugar I need to do something about. I'm so sick of making peanut butter sandwiches.

Ann- So is today the actual birthday or a day when dinner fits for everyone? Happy Birthday! Have a great dinner.

Happy Birthday Ann!

Glynis, I have not made pasty before. Sorry!

Vickie, I hope you are feeling better.

Kathy, I am sorry that Kyle's baseball situation didn't work out, but what a great school he is transferring to! Maybe the walk on will happen for him, who knows? His apartment sounds really sweet also.

Nancy, that's too funny about the "cheek calling" on the blackberry. My boss does this all the time. He puts his blackberry in his jacket and then somehow manages to hit my number on speed dial. We call it "pocket dialing." It happens all the time!

I know I missed a bunch, but that's as far as my memory goes this morning!

Last night I made some broccoli soup., with goat cheese instead of cream or butter, and some chopped pecans.

3509445853_39b656c02d.jpg

I also made pizzas. Here is John's. It has proscuitto, truffle oil, parmesean, and olive oil:

3509445973_39002dcd94.jpg

And mine, a standard margharita. See how it looks like someone cut a slice off? No--it just came out of the oven that way. :upsidedow

3509445909_0d8b0679cd.jpg

John's at a client dinner tonight, so I am making one of my favorite things that he hates: sauteed mushrooms on baguette with gruyere. I'll probably watch some cheesy movie on demand too.

Oh Honey, we know you were not looking for sympathy, we just care. And don't think you can run....we will find you!

My Baby is home. YEA!! We had a really good time last night. We just had grilled hamburgers, baked beans and brownies for dinner. Nothing spectacular but it filled the hole. I only had the hamburger - no beans or brownie, oh I had some chips also.

Wonderful reunion! I would have had the brownies ;)

Today I am going for a haircut. No cooking for this old lady today. DH, DS ,and I are going out for a casual birthday supper with my parents.
:scared1: 40 :scared1:

Loved the bedding set!

Happy Birthday!

Hi Everyone! We are still surviving our crazy week, but I have to say, it was really difficult getting out of bed this morning. I had a dream that I was already up and awake, but then I realized I wasn't and had to jump out and get everything together in half my usual time.

experience, but Kyle will be a success despite all that.

:thumbsup2 Caili just decided to avoid the whole lunch controversy, so she brings peanut butter and jelly every day now. Her teacher is so happy. :rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:What a way to wake up!

As long as the teacher is happy.......................

Funny from Alexis this morning... Her Mom bought her a kiddie pedicure kit, with the little pink sandals, the toe thingies, soap confetti etc. & brought it to my house. (Alexis & I have done pedi's before without a darn kit but that's another story!;)) Alexis is all excited about it & this morning while eating breakfast, asked " Nana, when I get home from school can we do Pedi-Fours ? " :laughing: Bob & I cracked up but of course I said " yes Alexis we can definitely do Pedi-Fours!" :cutie::laughing: Gosh I love that kid!

I was able to move up my hair appt to today!:cool1: I'm so happy, I've been looking pretty bad. Hope everyone has a good day!

BBL! :laughing: That's just funny now!

Petit-fours :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Love it!

Enjoy your hair day!

Sheryl, now i am jealous of you...i desperately need color and cut and they do not have me on the books!!! how can they lose a cut and coloe, kids cut and pedi appt???? dang computer probably

:headache:

Becky- I'm not the only one? thank Goodness!

I am wondering how you manage those yummy dinners and stay so slim? I am totally jealous!

Yes, today is actually the much dreaded day. Do you think it is just psychological I feel like I have more aches and pains!:rotfl:

Have a great day, you young chick!!!

birthday.gif

Too cute!:goodvibes

Thanks again to everyone for all the supportive words for Kyle.:grouphug:

Now that Kyle’s baseball season is officially over I can tell y’all what’s happened.

He had a rough baseball season and the coach proved to be the type to play the players whose families donated the most money to the baseball program. Therefore he pitched a whopping 3 innings all season. It was so difficult to watch our son’s spirit be totally broken and he looked so lost for so long. We lost all respect for the coach, he's all about who makes him look good and he doesn't care about the boys as a team. His wife and mother showed the family has no class as they would taunt & curse at the opposing teams. We're talking college ball here! To make it even worse the education at Delgado is pitiful, he hasn't had to crack open a book. He actually came to us and said he was ready to focus on his education and put baseball aside. He applied to LSU Baton Rouge, which is where he's always wanted to go and will major in Psychology. He has been provisionally accepted pending receipt of his final transcripts from Delgado. We signed the lease on his apartment three weeks ago. I am so excited for him. I can't tell you how proud I am of him to decide to focus on his future and hang up baseball. Johnny is having a hard time with it though, guess that’s a Dad thing. Kyle will try and walk-on the team at LSU but they're one of the top teams in the country so that would be a long shot.

I’d like to thank you all for supporting Kyle the past two years through the best times of his life and for listening to my rambling about the games, y’all are the best!
Oh Kathy, that stinks about Kyle's coach. It's great that he's going to LSU though! :thumbsup2

Happy Birthday Ann!!!

WFD? We liked the tortilla soup so much on Cinco de Mayo that I never ended up making the tacos, so we'll have those tonight.

Thank you all for the "Happy Anniversaries".

Ladies forgive me but I'm running around crazy today trying to get ready to leave on Saturday. You know the normal last minute before vacation stuff, including the work stuff that just can't wait. Anyway, I've read everything and just don't have time to post a reply.

I did want to tell Ann Happy Birthday.

And Maria :hug:

Aimee - Have you thought of anything I can do for your Mom?

Ok...now I feel really bad !!

Please dont fret over me,Im a big strong lassie and I'll be fine.

I wasn't fishing for sympathy.....altho it does mean a lot that youse care.
I just wanted to explain why I had missed so many posts.

Oh and i hope to BBL !! :upsidedow

Phone number please?!?!

Lauren, maybe if you call me in the morning I will actually get up:laughing: So proud that you are exercising!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN!
HBBlinkieFlowerMickey.gif

quick check in. I am in the infusion center for my iron infusion. I seem to be reacting to it this time... I have hives. they stuck me with benadryl so I feel drunk. might add steroids since they aren't going away yet. ill be here forever now! will check in later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter