• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I can't find the WBC photo thread? I was going to go check it out but I am having some trouble finding it!

We leave at the end of January for our stay.

I am trying to decide which tower is the "best" to stay at. I know it is all relative as each person has different likes/dislikes.

We are more in to quiet, so which tower is best for that?

I am thinking tower 4 or 5. But really, I know it is just a request and nothing is set until we check in.

Based on this thread we are avoiding the parking desk, since they don't monitor it anyway.

We have a 2 bedroom Deluxe. Anything else I should know?

naturegrl36 said:
Sorry but I can't find the WBC photo thread? I was going to go check it out but I am having some trouble finding it!

I am trying to decide which tower is the "best" to stay at. I know it is all relative as each person has different likes/dislikes.

I am thinking tower 4 or 5. But really, I know it is just a request and nothing is set until we check in.

Based on this thread we are avoiding the parking desk, since they don't monitor it anyway.

We stayed in Octoberand stayed in tower 3 on 7th floor facing the lake with firework view. The room was newly updated and very quiet. Parking was easy and we had a great time. We were near the pool with smaller slide (cold water) and kiddie splash area. The mini golf was close and my girls loved it. Send me you r email address Ill send you pictures. Dont know why I cant post them here, maybe its becauseIm on my tablet.

carolynl said:
has anyone rented using timesharemall off ebay for BC

We have but have yet to stay. The deal we got ( with the caveat that it is always based on availability) was a lot better than the clearing houses a lot of people have had great success with.

OK, with our early March getaway drawing closer I am just hoping to get some clarification on the parking pass issue. Many have reported on here that they have skipped the parking pass desk entirely and never had an issue gaining entrance into the resort. Others have stated that they did require a parking pass in order to get through the gates. I am just hoping to get to the bottom of this. I am a bit of a pushover and hate to make anyone "unhappy" so I know the parking pass desk will be a moderate form of torture for me. At the same time, I am concerned about having issues when re-entering the resort area if we don't have a parking pass. Just hoping BC veterans can share their experiences so I can have a better idea of how to approach this!

We have but have yet to stay. The deal we got ( with the caveat that it is always based on availability) was a lot better than the clearing houses a lot of people have had great success with.

sorry what does that mean about the availablity?

OK, with our early March getaway drawing closer I am just hoping to get some clarification on the parking pass issue. Many have reported on here that they have skipped the parking pass desk entirely and never had an issue gaining entrance into the resort. Others have stated that they did require a parking pass in order to get through the gates. I am just hoping to get to the bottom of this. I am a bit of a pushover and hate to make anyone "unhappy" so I know the parking pass desk will be a moderate form of torture for me. At the same time, I am concerned about having issues when re-entering the resort area if we don't have a parking pass. Just hoping BC veterans can share their experiences so I can have a better idea of how to approach this!

I'll be at BC for the first time in May and was concerned about this too. However, I've read that they can't attempt to sell you anything, if both spouses are not present, so alot of people just leave their spouse in the car and tell the parking pass desk CM, that the spouse didn't make the trip. You are then immediately let go with your parking pass. They don't even try to push anything on you. This is what I intend to do. I want the parking pass, just in case there is a problem, so will just tell them my husband is not on the trip, so I can't (and won't attend any presentation).

We stayed at Westgate Town Center, when we were down there this past Oct/Nov and it worked perfectly. I left my husband in the car (as he is the pushover in our family and too nice for his own good:sad2:). When I went to their desk to get the parking tag, she tried to get me to attend a 'free owner's breakfast', but as soon as I mentioned that my husband was not along, she immediately said 'nevermind'. There are no more hard sale salesmen than the ones employed by Westgate, but we didn't have a single problem with them (no hardsell tactics) when I told them my husband would not be around.:rotfl:

aubriee said:
I'll be at BC for the first time in May and was concerned about this too. However, I've read that they can't attempt to sell you anything, if both spouses are not present, so alot of people just leave their spouse in the car and tell the parking pass desk CM, that the spouse didn't make the trip. You are then immediately let go with your parking pass. They don't even try to push anything on you. This is what I intend to do. I want the parking pass, just in case there is a problem, so will just tell them my husband is not on the trip, so I can't (and won't attend any presentation).

We stayed at Westgate Town Center, when we were down there this past Oct/Nov and it worked perfectly. I left my husband in the car (as he is the pushover in our family and too nice for his own good:sad2:). When I went to their desk to get the parking tag, she tried to get me to attend a 'free owner's breakfast', but as soon as I mentioned that my husband was not along, she immediately said 'nevermind'. There are no more hard sale salesmen than the ones employed by Westgate, but we didn't have a single problem with them (no hardsell tactics) when I told them my husband would not be around.:rotfl:

You don't need a parking pass. Just skip it.

You don't need a parking pass. Just skip it.

I thought you had to have one to enter the parking garage though.:confused3 Plus, I'd just rather be safe than sorry. I'd hate to have my rental car towed. I have no problem saying 'no, I'm not interested and you can't make me'. lol I'd rather deal with a pushy parking desk CM, than worry all week about my rental car. Rather than deal with one though, I just plan on telling them my husband won't be there, so I can't (and won't) attend any meeting.

We stayed on floor 14 tower 5 2br deluxe. We had the fireworks view and it was wonderful and very quiet. The view itself was wonderful. Epcot, MK, DTD, and some resorts. The elivators were very fast. Parking was easy. I have read tower 4 is very simular in liking also.
Tower 6 just has presidential suites from the 10th floor up I believe. Call your request in about a week prior to arrival.

In my experience.....I was told different things by different staff members at WBC. Some said that 'no' a parking permit was not required while others said it was. So if you decide that you would rather be safe and have one, what you do is this....
go to the desk alone(leave spouse in car or someplace else)...say he is back at home.
be sure to check off the lowest income bracket on the form
check off 'unemployed' or 'student'

They watch what you mark on the form and as soon as they see you mark 'unemployed' the whole game stops and they will hand over the pass without another word.

I can confirm that in a two week stay I was never once asked for my permit at the gate when entering the resort. You DO need your room key card to insert at the gate. Every time we left the resort we removed the parking permit from the mirror and never put it back until we returned and parked. Many times as we pulled up to the gate the guard would step out and as we showed our key card he/she would open the gate for us. They were all very pleasant people that would smile, wave or say hello.

Personally, I would not take a chance on not getting the permit. The potential hassle of having an issue with the car is just not worth saving 5 minutes at the desk.

aubriee said:
I thought you had to have one to enter the parking garage though.:confused3 Plus, I'd just rather be safe than sorry. I'd hate to have my rental car towed. I have no problem saying 'no, I'm not interested and you can't make me'. lol I'd rather deal with a pushy parking desk CM, than worry all week about my rental car. Rather than deal with one though, I just plan on telling them my husband won't be there, so I can't (and won't) attend any meeting.

You only need to show your room key to enter the gates. No one gets towed. You definitely don't need it.

Tower 6 uses a pass card but the parking garage for towers 4 & 5 do not require one. Our expierence with the parking desk was mild. My wife did the talking while I wandered around. She told them we simply can't afford (checked lowest income on form) whatever they were selling and they backed off. I agree with other posts also about one spouse staying in the car. It did not appear that they monitored the parking. I did see a tow truck one day but that could have been a service call as it was not towing anything.

We are on our way, we checked in tomorrow! We forgot something though, and want to have it mailed to us at the resort. Do I just use the address on the first page of this thread? I tried searching this thread but didn't find the answer.

naturegrl36 said:

We stayed in tower 4 last time.... 7 th floor I think... Parking lot/ fireworks view. Very quiet, good view of MK fireworks and illuminations ;). The pool and hot tub was quiet and rarely crowded, lazy river next door was nice. Not sure if I would still request same view... I may want lakeview closer to the playground ....even though I like tower 4... Just to try something new.

manhattanman said:

I found a good deal for this January by contacting an eBay seller. Probably 150 less for the week than the two sellers often mentioned here. I have used ken price in the past and he provided great service.

Fireworks view from high floor in building 4 or 5.......
Can you see any of the laser show on the lake from these towers?
We stayed on 6th floor of building 3 last year and loved having a lake AND fireworks views but you mainly saw the "higher" fireworks.
Any different say n the 15th floor of 4 or 5?
If not we will be requesting building 3 again.
Thanks! :)

In my experience.....I was told different things by different staff members at WBC. Some said that 'no' a parking permit was not required while others said it was. So if you decide that you would rather be safe and have one, what you do is this....
go to the desk alone(leave spouse in car or someplace else)...say he is back at home.
be sure to check off the lowest income bracket on the form
check off 'unemployed' or 'student'

They watch what you mark on the form and as soon as they see you mark 'unemployed' the whole game stops and they will hand over the pass without another word.

I can confirm that in a two week stay I was never once asked for my permit at the gate when entering the resort. You DO need your room key card to insert at the gate. Every time we left the resort we removed the parking permit from the mirror and never put it back until we returned and parked. Many times as we pulled up to the gate the guard would step out and as we showed our key card he/she would open the gate for us. They were all very pleasant people that would smile, wave or say hello.

Personally, I would not take a chance on not getting the permit. The potential hassle of having an issue with the car is just not worth saving 5 minutes at the desk.

Beg to differ...I checked unemployed and was still subjected to hard sell. It's worth trying, just be aware that it may not save you :)

skateshome said:
Fireworks view from high floor in building 4 or 5.......
Can you see any of the laser show on the lake from these towers?
We stayed on 6th floor of building 3 last year and loved having a lake AND fireworks views but you mainly saw the "higher" fireworks.
Any different say n the 15th floor of 4 or 5?
If not we will be requesting building 3 again.
Thanks! :)

I would say not really, no...at least not from tower 4. 7th floor. This is why I'm trying for a tower 2 or 3 lake and fireworks view this time ;)

We have stayed in tower 5 and now think that we would prefer either tower 4 or the main building. We spend a fair bit of time in the pools and while we love the convienence of having a pool and lazy river right outside the door at 5, overall, we prefer the main pool. We also really like having the option of covered parking in the garage as we tend to visit in the summer. So with those things in mind it would seem that 4 is the best option for us.....shorter walk to the main pool and easy access to the garage.

As far as quiet goes.....you will have quiet and noisey spots in all buildings. I think the best thing to do is just request a 'quiet location' or 'non pool facing'. If quiet is the only thing you want it should be fairly easy to get what you want. I'm sensitive to outside noise and always ask for a high floor...last visit we got the 5th floor which I thought would be a problem. We were facing the parking lot which was disappointing but it was quiet. There was only one night that we think the neighbours were having a party (or else the kids were left alone) aside from some muffled noise that night we heard nothing other than the occassional slaming door in the hallway.

We are considering a stay here in April. We will also go to Universal and Seaworld. How far of a drive would you say it is?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter