The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for the best way to get a cab from WBC to Grand Floridian. Do I need to call one myself? Or does bell services or front desk do it? Where will it pick up? I am staying in Tower 6 and wondering if the cabs go to buildings or pick up at a designated location?

Quoting myself to bump this up. Still wondering if anyone can tell me about cabs from WBC. TIA!

Quoting myself to bump this up. Still wondering if anyone can tell me about cabs from WBC. TIA!

Im sorry I dont know this information for you. We had our own car and didnt need a cab...but bumping it again to help you out.

Give BC a call. I'm us they can answer that for you. Please post afterwards because it looks like I will need to be doing this as well. :cool1:

hePevrafter, The bus schedule had a number for a cab co. I just used that one when we were there in Oct. I called myself a few hours before we needed it and told them the time we wanted to leave. They picked up right at Tower 5. Paid $18 plus tip to All Star. Hope that helps.

I just booked BC for April, 2 bdr, pres suite through vacation strategy. Thanks to all that contributed to this thread. I am sure I made the right decision.

It is a snow day here, so I have been planning for Spring Break!

I am interesting in staying here but my dates are a Tuesday to Tuesday (4/2 top 4/9) and my dates aren't flexible. I have inquired through several rental sites but have found no availability so far. Does anyone know if the rentals here are only Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday? I wonder if this is why I am having problems securing a room?

Thanks!

I am interesting in staying here but my dates are a Tuesday to Tuesday (4/2 top 4/9) and my dates aren't flexible. I have inquired through several rental sites but have found no availability so far. Does anyone know if the rentals here are only Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday? I wonder if this is why I am having problems securing a room?

Thanks!

Try vacation strategy.
We had weekday checkin/out last year no problem.

If it helps, I remember reading that several people have had positive results with the taxi services. Bell Services can pre-arrange a cab for you and they can pick you up at your tower. Several people to use them over the bus system to insure promt reservation times or to avoid peak bus runs.

Thanks!

Try vacation strategy.
We had weekday checkin/out last year no problem.

That was going to be my suggestion. I have a ten night trip booked for Friday May 10th through Monday May 20th with Vacation Strategies.

2Pirates2Princesses said:
Can anyone share their experience with staying in a unit on a lower floor? I know the higher floors are popular with the fireworks views and wanting to be away from the noise from the pool and common areas; but for various reasons we may actually need to request a ground floor unit. Thanks :)

Bumping my post for any feedback, thanks!

Thanks!

That's a busy time and currently there is no availability in any size unit for Tues through Thurs nights. That's not to say those nights won't become available. But to rent this right now someone would have to have this exact reservation already booked.

You should contact as many of the mega renters as possible so that they will be keeping an eye out for this reservation. Availability is for any owner to book as soon as it pops up.

Janet Hill said:
That's a busy time and currently there is no availability in any size unit for Tues through Thurs nights. That's not to say those nights won't become available. But to rent this right now someone would have to have this exact reservation already booked.

You should contact as many of the mega renters as possible so that they will be keeping an eye out for this reservation. Availability is for any owner to book as soon as it pops up.

I booked our Spring Break trip in August and noticed shortly after I booked the availability was gone! At least through RCI.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

Thanks for the help with the cab. On our first morning (12/29), my husband and dad are playing golf. We have APs but my parents aren't getting park tix for that day. I am going to take the kids to MK for two hours and then monorail to 1900 Park Fare for bfast. Since my mom doesn't have a ticket for that day, she will need to cab to GF since I will have one car and hubby will have the other. We always drive, so I have never had to use cab service in WDW before. Hopefully, all will go smoothly. Thanks again!

BTW-- Only one more week!!!!!! :woohoo:

Thanks for the help with the cab. On our first morning (12/29), my husband and dad are playing golf. We have APs but my parents aren't getting park tix for that day. I am going to take the kids to MK for two hours and then monorail to 1900 Park Fare for bfast. Since my mom doesn't have a ticket for that day, she will need to cab to GF since I will have one car and hubby will have the other. We always drive, so I have never had to use cab service in WDW before. Hopefully, all will go smoothly. Thanks again!

BTW-- Only one more week!!!!!! :woohoo:
If you have the time, your mom could take the Bonnet Creek shuttle to Epcot or Hollywood studios and take Disney transportation from there.

I have seen taxis parked at the main building, and there are hundreds of taxis in the area, so getting one won't be hard.

Have fun!

We stayed at Bonnet Creek for a week on Dec 8-15. This was my fourth stay there. I fell in love on my first visit and don't want to stay anywhere else.

This was the first trip for my in laws whom I had to work really hard on to agree to stay at BC instead of on site. That said I wanted to report my recent experience and find out if others experienced the same as we have another trip scheduled for February.

We arrived on Saturday around 5:30. There was no line and we checked in quickly. Not too hard a sell for parking pass desk. We were able to say thx but no thx. We were assigned room 129 in Tower 1. We drove over - lots of parking - loaded a cart with luggage after quite a wait, and found our room. It had been recently remodeled - well kind of - with different carpet and furnishings in some of the rooms. BUT the condition of this room was deplorable. The remodel was not done well with regards to carpet. The bathroom tiles in both bathrooms were obviously original and not replaced in the remodel as they were full of mold and mildew. The guest bathroom had a fake square window with black tape partially torn off. The furniture in one of the guest bedrooms was extremely worn and beat up and the closet door was completely off the hinges just standing on the floor. There were pincher bugs in the closet.

I am not one to complain but I had never seen such a horrible room at BC. I immediately went to the front desk to request to be moved after a long day of travel with three tired and hungry kids. I was told that there were no other 3 BR units available for my stay and they'd send housekeeping and engineering to fix the issues. I remained calm but firm in my request to be moved. The housekeeping manager was sent to check out the room and report back to the supervisor whether my request was appropriate or not which I thought was very tacky. Once she arrived at the room she agreed that it was not in decent condition and apologized and told the supervisor that I should get a new room if possible. While the situation wasn't handled badly, it definitely could have been better. I told the supervisor that we wanted to be moves but had to feed the kids. They sent a bellman to move our luggage while we left to eat.

We were assigned to room 629 in Tower 6. The room was fine and looked exactly like all other BC rooms. The only problem was that our kitchen sink was cracked but I wasn't going to complain about that after they finally moved us. We overlooked the pool. It was very quiet. The only drawback was parking. It can sometimes be rough to get a spot depending on the time. And that garage requires a key which we receives from the desk. Luggage carts were pretty much nonexistent there except for the occasional bellman.

I have stayed in towers 4 and 2 over the last 4 years and much preferred the location and parking situation there. Question is sine these are older towers, what is the condition of the rooms inside? I was honestly shocked at our original room!

I do love BC. Even after our last experience. Just wondering if we should make a request for a certain tower next time. TFl

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'm getting nervous about renting a 3 bedroom. Read quite a few reports of issues. I'm glad they moved you, but there is no excuse for the conditions you had. One thing I agree with is the lack of concern management has on issues in the units. We reported a dishwasher (that literally was not bolted into the counter) the first day we arrived. After 7 days, it was not fixed!

We stayed at Bonnet Creek for a week on Dec 8-15. This was my fourth stay there. I fell in love on my first visit and don't want to stay anywhere else.

This was the first trip for my in laws whom I had to work really hard on to agree to stay at BC instead of on site. That said I wanted to report my recent experience and find out if others experienced the same as we have another trip scheduled for February.

We arrived on Saturday around 5:30. There was no line and we checked in quickly. Not too hard a sell for parking pass desk. We were able to say thx but no thx. We were assigned room 129 in Tower 1. We drove over - lots of parking - loaded a cart with luggage after quite a wait, and found our room. It had been recently remodeled - well kind of - with different carpet and furnishings in some of the rooms. BUT the condition of this room was deplorable. The remodel was not done well with regards to carpet. The bathroom tiles in both bathrooms were obviously original and not replaced in the remodel as they were full of mold and mildew. The guest bathroom had a fake square window with black tape partially torn off. The furniture in one of the guest bedrooms was extremely worn and beat up and the closet door was completely off the hinges just standing on the floor. There were pincher bugs in the closet.

I am not one to complain but I had never seen such a horrible room at BC. I immediately went to the front desk to request to be moved after a long day of travel with three tired and hungry kids. I was told that there were no other 3 BR units available for my stay and they'd send housekeeping and engineering to fix the issues. I remained calm but firm in my request to be moved. The housekeeping manager was sent to check out the room and report back to the supervisor whether my request was appropriate or not which I thought was very tacky. Once she arrived at the room she agreed that it was not in decent condition and apologized and told the supervisor that I should get a new room if possible. While the situation wasn't handled badly, it definitely could have been better. I told the supervisor that we wanted to be moves but had to feed the kids. They sent a bellman to move our luggage while we left to eat.

We were assigned to room 629 in Tower 6. The room was fine and looked exactly like all other BC rooms. The only problem was that our kitchen sink was cracked but I wasn't going to complain about that after they finally moved us. We overlooked the pool. It was very quiet. The only drawback was parking. It can sometimes be rough to get a spot depending on the time. And that garage requires a key which we receives from the desk. Luggage carts were pretty much nonexistent there except for the occasional bellman.

I have stayed in towers 4 and 2 over the last 4 years and much preferred the location and parking situation there. Question is sine these are older towers, what is the condition of the rooms inside? I was honestly shocked at our original room!

I do love BC. Even after our last experience. Just wondering if we should make a request for a certain tower next time. TFl

We are located in Tower 4, third flor, parking lot view; checked in this past Tuesday with no problem and our assigned room was ready. The condition of the room is fine -- furnishings and carpert in excellent condition and no mold/mildew in either bath. I guess this is a refurbed unit. We booked through Vacation Strategy and there was no problem with check in (we never received an email confirmation from Wyndham after making our final payment). The lock mechanism on our door was not working last night when we returned from dinner and the customer service response was profoundly lacking. The issue (the battery unit in the lock had died) was resolved but the poor customer service has left us with an overall negative impression despite the niceness of the unit and grounds.

Will post more later......

Hi Everyone! This thread was very helpful while planning to stay at Bonnet Creek. So, thank you!

Check In: We arrived at 2pm on Sat., 12/22. Check in was quick and easy. I requested a fireworks view, but was told nothing was available. Only ground floor was available, or we would have to wait until 4-6pm and would still not be guaranteed a fireworks view. Against my better judgement I went to the parking pass counter. High pressure, and a waste of time. I must have said no 20 times!!! A lot was going on in the lobby. Balloons, pizza, music, etc.. It really made the kids excited to be there. (Which was good, because I was worried about not feeling the "Disney magic".)

Room: Location is horrible- first floor facing the parking lot. We can not really use the patio because there are taxis, cars and people walking by peering in. This also leads to being having to be careful with the drapes being closed. This makes it very dark inside.

The room condition is nearly perfect. Everything is clean and in great condition. There are plenty of supplies in the kitchen, and the washer and dryer work great. Someone had asked a while back if there was a baking sheet and cake pan. Yes, to both items. We had two issues that we noticed after unpacking. No a/c and the tv in the master bedroom didn't work. They fixed it by the next day.

Pool/Ammenities: Beautifully maintained! So many pools and hot tubs. It has been chilly, and the pools are warm and the hot tubs are hot. Perfect!! We are usually the only ones swimming. We used the grill by the pool. It was clean but very slow to cook the food even though I had it on high. The arcade, workout room, pool tables, children's activity center, mini golf are fabulous...and empty! No one has been using this stuff while we were there. Santa and Mrs. Clause were dancing and doing contests at tower 6 Pirate pool last night. It was really funny, and confusing. The kids were asking why Santa wasn't out delivering presents. According to Norad he was out on the sleigh?!? LOL There are more activities than you can possible do. It is great.

Buses: Don't depend on them for holiday week if you go to rope drop. The first buses do not leave until 8... the parks have been opeing at 8 (actually earlier when we are there.) You really need a car here if it a busy time of year. It just takes a couple of minutes to get to the parks in your car. We have never had out car while at Disney before. (We have always stayed onsite and used magical express and Disney transportation.) We can not believe how quick it is to get to the parks with your own car. Bonnet Creek's location is beyond perfect.

Disney Magic: NONE :rolleyes2 The staff isn't friendly or helpful. Nothing major..but not the same as Disney resorts. It isn't that big of a deal for us because we are too busy doing our own thing to let other people determine our experience.

The price, location, pools, and room size make this a no brainer for me. I wouldn't think twice about staying here again. It is a fantastic value. My husband isn't crazy about not staying at a Disney resort, so I do not know if I could get him to stay here again. He would rather spend more to have more things "taken care of". He likes the things like Magical Express. I can do without it if it means more space for less money.

BTW: We have been following Josh's advice (from easywdw) for the parks and it has been spot on. The parks are rated 10 and we rode everything we wanted multiple times. We have been to Disney for spring break multiple times and for Thanksgiving. The crowds and wait times didn't affect us because of following his plans.

I could try to answer questions, if anyone has them. I will be here for two weeks. I will check back here in a couple of days. Merry Christmas everyone!

We will be doing our second stay here in just over a week. It's hard to go back to staying in a hotel room - or paying disney prices for a villa - after you have stayed here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter