The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Disfan15, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyBeBop

LadyBeBop DIS Veteran

I'm officially booked! :cool1:

Two bedroom deluxe. Arriving October 27, 2013, departing November 3, 2013.

Booked on Wyndham points (we own at Smokey Mountains). Since we're actually exchanging through Wyndham and not renting from an owner, how easy would it be to get our choice of rooms? I'd like a fireworks view; however proximity to parking and being close to a playground and a good swimming pool for my DGD are probably more important.

Also, are there any pool slides that DGD can go down at all? I thought there were two slides; one with a 48 inch minimum height (but no swimming skills), and the other requires swimming skills (but no minimum height). Right now, she's about 43-44 inches, and can't swim without a life jacket.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pbarager

pbarager DDC #720

What is the advantage of buying into Bonnet Creek instead of another Wyndham resort that has lower fees? Most of the time we would stay at Bonnet Creek.
    Thanks from a timeshare newbie!

4. SondraC

SondraC DIS Veteran

We arrived! We got here about 40 minutes ago. They said no rooms are ready. The lobby is crazy! They offered us $125 Amex Gift card to go to the presentation.

5. skateshome

skateshome Mouseketeer

Thaks for the response!
    Anyone else that has stayed higher....14 - 15 th floor like to chime in?

6. LadyBeBop

LadyBeBop DIS Veteran

First you know that you never buy directly from Wyndham. Always buy from another owner. By buying second-hand, you'll pay much less.

The major advantage of buying into WBC vs one of the other Wyndham timeshares is that you can reserve a room at your home resort 11 months before your vacation. If you buy into one of the other Wyndham resorts (as I mentioned, my home resort is Wyndham Smokey Mountains), you can reserve at another Wyndham resort at the 9 month mark. Right now, since WBC is so large, I think you'll be able to reserve at WBC most weeks at the 9 month mark. However, you may have problems during some weeks (Christmas, Easter, July 4th). I know there are some other Wyndham owners here who may give you more info.

7. pbarager

pbarager DDC #720

Thank you so much for the information!

8. carlbarry

carlbarry DIS Veteran

I left before 8 am. It took me 20 minutes to Universal! This was on Thursday, November 29, 2012. I also drove from Jambo House the next Sunday, and it also took about 20 minutes, but leaving a little later that time.

9. ProudMommyof2

ProudMommyof2 DIS Veteran

10. manhattanman

manhattanman Mouseketeer

Its supply and demand, if one of the clearing houses has a lot of inventory to move it will be cheaper. Other times it may be cheaper to go with one of the commonly mentioned companies. When we booked we got quotes from all of them, the prices varied wildly, we went with eBay as it was cheaper, but other listings on eBay were more expensive.

I just mentioned availability because sometimes eBay is cheaper, sometimes not but there is always variability in price so it is worth seeking out as many quotes as possible. Sorry if this was not clear initially.

11. pbarager

pbarager DDC #720

Does the bus/shuttle service to MK accomodate scooters? We are thinking of brining my wifes parents and MIL will need to use a scooter. Thanks!

12. Disfan15

Disfan15 Earning My Ears

Hello,

What is a reasonable price for a four bedroom for each week in the summer time? Does anyone know someone that rents out timeshares on myresortnetwork.com? Also how far in advance should I book a four bedroom since there aren't alot?

Thanks!:cool1:

13. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

In July I would guess that a 4br would be in the $250-$300/night range. A friend of mine got a 3br on Ebay for $1700 last May for a stay from July 1-8.

Book it as far ahead as possible.

14. SYLVESTER7577

SYLVESTER7577 RADIATOR MAN

We were in tower 5 14th floor and could watch most all of Illuminations. We could even seee the torches light. We also could see MK in the distance and had a view of DTD. We were in the 1/2 of the tower towards the main building.

15. skateshome

skateshome Mouseketeer

Awesome...tha k you so much. I was wondering about that.

16. Upatnoon

Upatnoon DIS Veteran

We saw a scooter on the bus on our last trip. I seem to recall the woman saying she called ahead to reserve the time.

17. SYLVESTER7577

SYLVESTER7577 RADIATOR MAN

From what I remember, you need to contact the front desk or bell services so they can coordinate a pick up location and time. When we road one day there was some confusion going on with a visitor that had her going to a stop location but not being able to picked up and being stranded for the moment at least. They do provide the service but it seems to be a made clear scenerio and confirmation.

18. carolynl

carolynl Earning My Ears

ahh thanks!! we just booked a week for $549 2bdrm so hopefully that is a good deal.

19. trishwal

trishwal Convince me to take our family to Disneyland.

Actually that's an EXCELLENT deal!

20. am12pm

am12pm Mouseketeer

Yes! I agree a really terrific deal!!

21. Mikscrap

Mikscrap Earning My Ears

That is a great deal. When are you going? What place did you use to book this great deal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.