The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been though the vacation club sells pitch for bonnet creek, wondering how hard sell are they. Have a 3 nite 4 day sells pitch offer for $200.00. is it worth it?:confused3:confused3

We are doing this in June. They contacted me because we stayed at their resort in Wisconsin Dells last year. I knew I wanted to stay here anyway to try it out. I told them no at first then then upped it to 4 night stay and we would get a $100 American Express Card after the presentation. So, basically $25 a night. We also got a 2 Bedroom Unit. I can live through the presentation for that. We have been to enough of them and know how they work. Just planning on making that day a pool/free day anyway.

After those 4 nights we are moving over to Old Key West for 6 nights.

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1. Does anyone have any pictures of a one bedroom deluxe? I've searched but all I'm finding are three and four bedroom presidentials.:confused3

2. Does anyone know where most of the one bedroom deluxes are located. I'd really like to have a high floor overlooking a lazy river. I'm thinking of requesting either main building or tower 5. Would those be good locations?

3. I'm booked for ten nights/eleven days through Vacation Strategies. From what I'm reading rentals are usually just for a week. Am I going to have to check out and back in after seven nights and possibly change rooms?:confused3

4. Are there plenty of handicap parking close to the buildings?

5. If I wanted to add WBC as a favorite in my Garmin GPS, does anyone have the location to download?

Boy, I have more questions than I thought.:rotfl: One more though: Where is the nearest Publix located? Do they have a deli with full meals?

I have been reading through this thread, trying to know how this works.
My question, am I just crazy trying to find an opening from Dec 29-Jan 5 for a 2 or 3 bedroom?
I have contacted 2 companies, Vacation Strategy says no availability, and Farrell vacations says they are checking.

I have been reading through this thread, trying to know how this works.
My question, am I just crazy trying to find an opening from Dec 29-Jan 5 for a 2 or 3 bedroom?
I have contacted 2 companies, Vacation Strategy says no availability, and Farrell vacations says they are checking.

I tried like crazy last year to book the same week short notice like you (waited until the football bowl games were announced) and found nothing even off of ebay and Craigslist. We ended up staying at Sheraton Vistana and it was great (found it from Craigslist).

This year we decided to go to Orlando again regardless of where our Gamecocks were headed so we booked early last month at WBC.

I tried like crazy last year to book the same week short notice like you (waited until the football bowl games were announced) and found nothing even off of ebay and Craigslist. We ended up staying at Sheraton Vistana and it was great (found it from Craigslist).

This year we decided to go to Orlando again regardless of where our Gamecocks were headed so we booked early last month at WBC.

Thanks for the info. We are never last minute people, but we have always wanted to see the decorations, and we can finally get away during that time. Usually it's summer or nothing for us.

I will answer below each question,

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1. Does anyone have any pictures of a one bedroom deluxe? I've searched but all I'm finding are three and four bedroom presidentials.:confused3

The wyndham vacation resorts.com website has great pictures of all units

2. Does anyone know where most of the one bedroom deluxes are located. I'd really like to have a high floor overlooking a lazy river. I'm thinking of requesting either main building or tower 5. Would those be good locations?

Definately go with building 5. I had a one br deluxe last week on the 9th floor overlooking the lazy river, great!!!

3. I'm booked for ten nights/eleven days through Vacation Strategies. From what I'm reading rentals are usually just for a week. Am I going to have to check out and back in after seven nights and possibly change rooms?:confused3

I have done this several times and at the desk they were always able to arrange for me to stay in the room.

4. Are there plenty of handicap parking close to the buildings?

Yes

5. If I wanted to add WBC as a favorite in my Garmin GPS, does anyone have the location to download?

Boy, I have more questions than I thought.:rotfl: One more though: Where is the nearest Publix located? Do they have a deli with full meals?

Can anyone share their experience with staying in a unit on a lower floor? I know the higher floors are popular with the fireworks views and wanting to be away from the noise from the pool and common areas; but for various reasons we may actually need to request a ground floor unit. Thanks :)

We just finished a great stay at WBC - 12/8 to 12/14. We had a two bedroom deluxe unit on the 15th floor of tower 5. We rented through Ken and Denise Price and would highly recommend them.

The room was clean and everything was in great shape. The kids loved the pools. It felt like we had the place to ourselves as it was not busy at all. We had a pool day and spent it over by La Cocina. We ordered pizza for lunch and drinks from the bar. There was a guy with a guitar provinding entertainment for the adults and the resort had a young lady organizing games by the pool for the kids. Can't say enough good things about the place.

The time share sell at the parking pass desk was very low key and they didn't press me any further when i politely said no thank you. The room had everything we needed and the space was great now that we have four kids. We love staying onsite at Disney, but I doubt we will stay anywhere else in the future. There is no comparison to cramming a family into a small hotel room. The resort grounds are every bit as beautiful as Disney and they had great Christmas decorations up as well. At checkin my kids got their photo with Santa and they also had a guy in the lobby doing balloon animals. Fantastic!

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread!

We are booked!!! :cool1::thumbsup2:banana:

We are doing our first stay at WBC December 29 - January 5.

I didn't think we could get something here on such short notice.:woohoo:

Yay!!!

Does anyone know if the 3 and 4 bedroom units have a regular washer/dryer or the stackable ones? Also, are the balconies larger than the 2 bedrrom unit balconies? Thanks

Hello,

What is the best tower in the resort? I don't think I want towers 4 or 5 because of the ripped couches. So should I go with towers 1,2,3, or 6? I am booking a deluxe room if that helps. I do understand that tower 6 is mostly presidentials on the higher floors.

Thanks!:cool1:

Newbi here...can anyone book at this hotel or is it a timeshare place where you need to know someone? Thanks!

Two reliable places to get quotes for this resort are Vacation Upgrades or Vacation Strategy. Both places manage points for timeshare owners and secure bookings for people interested in renting at WBC. Most on this board are renters and not owners.

Hello,

What is the best tower in the resort? I don't think I want towers 4 or 5 because of the ripped couches. So should I go with towers 1,2,3, or 6? I am booking a deluxe room if that helps. I do understand that tower 6 is mostly presidentials on the higher floors.

Thanks!:cool1:

We were there in October, tower 4...brand new sleeper sofa in our unit:thumbsup2 and it slept great! I really enjoyed the location of this tower:goodvibes

Newbi here...can anyone book at this hotel or is it a timeshare place where you need to know someone? Thanks!

It is a timeshare resort, in addition to the companies I am sure other people will recommend, I would also strongly looking at Ebay ( you can search bonnet creek rental)

If you go with Ebay you will likely be dealing with an owner, or more likely a company similar to what other people have described. The good thing is that, although availability changes, you can see what other people have paid in order to determine whether the quotes you get are competitive. In many cases they are, in some cases they are not.

Just returned from an 11 day stay at WBC.

Stayed in Tower 6, in a one bedroom presidential.

This place is spectacular. No qualms about staying here, and I really hope to again in the future.

Looking for the best way to get a cab from WBC to Grand Floridian. Do I need to call one myself? Or does bell services or front desk do it? Where will it pick up? I am staying in Tower 6 and wondering if the cabs go to buildings or pick up at a designated location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter