<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

I've searched high and low and cannot find any mention of the recipe for this soup. Can anyone post it or directi me to the location of where it's already posted? It's absolutely delicious and I would be soooooooo appreciative.:worship:

There is Soupe a L'Oignon Gratinee (Baked Onion Soup) on page 33. Read the comments on it as well. We thought it strange that the stock has no flavor so one reader added beef boullion with poor results. Apparently the stock was like gravy and wasn't good.

Maybe our resident chef can clear us up on this. Does this recipe sound OK to you or is something missing?

I would love the Jungle Juice recipe. This is served at the Tusker House for Donald's Safari Character Breakfast.

The chef at Tusker House uses a lot of the recipes from Boma - though apparently has improved on them - according to the staff at Tusker House, LOL. I bet they use the same juice recipe.

Jungle Juice
Boma, AKL

1 part pineapple juice, 1 part mango juice, 2 parts orange juice, 2 parts lemonade.

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to report that last night DH and I made the macaroni & cheese with the red wine sauce from Jiko. It came out pretty good! Now, DH and I are not chefs by any means, so I'm sure if we were bigger into cooking, it may have came out a little better, but it still came out good. One thing to note, I cut the recipe for the red wine sauce in half (as well as that for the mac and cheese) but it came out A LOT thicker than what it was when I had it in Jiko. Not exactly sure why that was, but like I said, if I was more experienced in the kitchen I could probably have rectified that.

Anyway, it was a great recipe - not quite the wow! factor you get when you eat it at Jiko - but still a good dinner! :goodvibes

We all love reading the recipe reviews! Thanks for posting, Prinny! :thumbsup2

There is Soupe a L'Oignon Gratinee (Baked Onion Soup) on page 33. Read the comments on it as well. We thought it strange that the stock has no flavor so one reader added beef boullion with poor results. Apparently the stock was like gravy and wasn't good.

Maybe our resident chef can clear us up on this. Does this recipe sound OK to you or is something missing?

Ok, traditional French onion soup is a simple process with simple ingredients. The following is the basic process for making the soup, but I do not have the quantities for ingredients at hand right now, but if anyone wants my recipe I can post it later (although it is not a Disney recipe):

Saute' onions in a little bit of olive oil until caramelized

Add beef stock and simmer for 20-25 minutes

Add port wine and simmer for another 20 minutes

Ladle into small single serve crocks, float slice of crusty french bread on top and cover with gruyere cheese and broil until cheese is browned and bubbly.

Like I said this is just a basic frame work that will give you a great French onion soup, and if anyone wants my personal recipe just let me know and I will post it later.

:thumbsup2

I'm on a sauce quest here... anyone have the recipe for these sauces...

'Ohana: Peanut Sauce, Chimichurri Sauce, Sweet and Sour Sauce?

Concourse Steakhouse: dips for the onion rings?

I have a basic p-nut sauce recipe, but just wondered how it compared.

I'm on a sauce quest here...
Here's one of them, bnf2. :upsidedow I'll look for the others as well as add them to the Requested list.

'Ohana: Peanut Dipping Sauce

1 oz. garlic in oil
1 teaspoon Thai curry paste
16 oz. soy sauce
1 1/4 lbs. sugar
14 oz. peanut butter
1 oz. fresh ginger, finely chopped
salt & pepper to taste
chopped green onions & peanuts for garnish

In a medium saucepan, lightly saute' garlic in a small amount of oil.
Stir in curry paste. Add soy sauce and bring to a simmer. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add remaining ingredients and continue to stir. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and chill.

Serve in bowls for dipping garnished with chopped green onions and peanuts.

Here's one of them, bnf2. :upsidedow I'll look for the others as well as add them to the Requested list.

'Ohana: Peanut Dipping Sauce

Duh! Just found this on All Ears... can't belive I missed it- thanks for posting it lynninpa!

Ok, traditional French onion soup is a simple process with simple ingredients. The following is the basic process for making the soup, but I do not have the quantities for ingredients at hand right now, but if anyone wants my recipe I can post it later (although it is not a Disney recipe):

Saute' onions in a little bit of olive oil until caramelized

Add beef stock and simmer for 20-25 minutes

Add port wine and simmer for another 20 minutes

Ladle into small single serve crocks, float slice of crusty french bread on top and cover with gruyere cheese and broil until cheese is browned and bubbly.

Like I said this is just a basic frame work that will give you a great French onion soup, and if anyone wants my personal recipe just let me know and I will post it later.

What would your opinion then be on a recipe that uses no beef stock in the broth like the Bistro de Paris: Soupe a L'Oignon Gratinee (Baked Onion Soup) recpe? (below) The member who made this and added beef stock was not happy with the results. Does this recipe sound right to you?

1 & 1/2 pounds yellow onions, diced
10 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 & 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Thyme: 2 fresh sprigs OR 2 tsp dried
Parsley: 2 fresh sprigs or 1 Tbsp dried
2 dried bay leaves
1/2 lb French bread
9 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated

In a large soup pot, saute the onions in the butter over medium heat until lightly browned. Sprinkle with flour and stir to form a roux. Gradually add 2 & 1/2 quarts of water then the salt, pepper & herbs. Cook over low heat for 40 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the bread into 1/2 inch slices and lightly dry them in a 250 degree oven. When the soup is done, discard the sprigs and bay leaves. Place the bread into 4 to 6 ovenproof soup bowls or one large tureen.

Allearsnet.com has added some new recipes. They must be very backed up as they just posted the Pretoria Punch and Passion Fruit Cheescake recipe I sent them before last summer :banana: The Sopa Azteca they posted is from Cooking with Mickey Volume II

Watermelon & Tomato Salad
Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 12 servings

4 pounds watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes
¾ pound Grape Tomatoes, halved
6 ounces Blue Cheese, crumbled
6 ounces Scallions, minced
3 ounces Olive Oil
3 ounces Sherry Vinegar
1 ounce Parsley, rough chopped
Pinch Cayenne Pepper

1. Combine the watermelon, tomatoes, cheese, scallions, and salt in a bowl.
2. Whisk or blend together the olive oil, vinegar, and cayenne pepper.
3. To serve, dress the salad with this mixture and garnish with the parsley. Do not refrigerate and serve within 30 minutes.

Just wanted to say I joined up because of this thread! :thumbsup2

EDIT: is the request list up to date? I see there is a request for the house dressing from Artist Point, I thought that was the poppy seed dressing and thats already posted.

Sounds like a great dish! I will add it to the Requested Recipes list, Melissa. :thumbsup2

Oh it was! I had to go back to get it a second time. ;)

I have a great French Onion Soup recipe that I"ve tweaked, it is for the crockpot though. I don't use all yellow onions, I think they are too strong for the soup. I use 5-6 large onions, a combination of red and white. I then use 4 cans of beef broth, 2 regular and 2 low salt.

When I cook the onions, I think this is where the flavor comes from, if you cook the onions in butter and then add garlic, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, etc... it really flavors the soup nicely. Oh and Panera's bread is the best!

EDIT: is the request list up to date? I see there is a request for the house dressing from Artist Point, I thought that was the poppy seed dressing and thats already posted.

Yes, the request list is up to date. Artist Point is at the Wilderness Lodge. The posted poppyseed dressing recipe is from Artist's Palette-at Saratoga Springs.

At Raglan Road, last September, my first Disney meal was wonderful! I really want the recipe for "Pie in the Sky" and "Granny's Soup". I would like to make them for St.Patrick's day.

Thanks

The member who made this and added beef stock was not happy with the results. Does this recipe sound right to you?

This recipe sounds like it is not meant to be a traditional French onion soup. Instead of using beef stock and wine it uses water and they thicken the broth........using water would not provide any flavor to the soup and what you end up with is a pot of onions in thick water with some fresh herbs, to me, this does not sound too appetizing.

The only real differences in this recipe and the one I follow is the use of roux (traditional French onion soup is not thick, it is brothy), the type of onion, water vs. beef stock and wine, and I do not use bay leaf......lynninpa and I discussed this recipe when it was first posted and even then it did not seem right to me, but I would think if you make it to the recipe specs and like it, that's great. It just sounds as though the posted recipe would be very bland and the thicker broth would not be to my liking.

This recipe sounds like it is not meant to be a traditional French onion soup. Instead of using beef stock and wine it uses water and they thicken the broth........using water would not provide any flavor to the soup and what you end up with is a pot of onions in thick water with some fresh herbs, to me, this does not sound too appetizing.

The only real differences in this recipe and the one I follow is the use of roux (traditional French onion soup is not thick, it is brothy), the type of onion, water vs. beef stock and wine, and I do not use bay leaf......lynninpa and I discussed this recipe when it was first posted and even then it did not seem right to me, but I would think if you make it to the recipe specs and like it, that's great. It just sounds as though the posted recipe would be very bland and the thicker broth would not be to my liking.

That's kind of what I thought, apostolic4life and it's probably not a recipe I'll be trying out for a dinner party. Speaking of, I've got 12 people coming for a Disney birthday dinner tomorrow evening as it's DS 20th. I'm doing mainly a Poly theme and will let you all know how it turns out. I'm making all for the first time - always a risk - but it's Disney, so how bad can it be? LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!