<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

FWIW, last night I was at Chefs de France with a friend who was asking about the French Onion Soup base (she keeps kosher), and the chef came out and told us that they use a CHICKEN stock rather than beef stock in the soup. Once they told me that, then I could definitely taste it - I knew it was something not beef and not water, if that makes sense.

Thanks!

Well I guess that proves there is something missing in the recipe that's been given to the public. When I have time I'll contact them and see if I can get a version that includes the actual broth they use.

Just defending what I posted- it did come "straight from the place" as you put it!

I love collecting Disney recipes (clearly, LOL), but one of the challenges is the obvious inaccuracy of some of the recipes - whether they be straight from the place or from the cookbook. Delicious Disney is pretty good, but I've found loads of editing errors in the previous books, including ingredients with no measurements, ingredients that are listed but then don't show up in the preparation, or they are mentioned in the preparation but are not in the ingredient list. Some of the versions in the cookbooks are also different from what was given directly at the restaurant, so there was definitely never the intent to challenge your source, LOL. I actually keep all the versions, so I can tweak the recipes and figure out what the best version is.

Having said that, I made an all Disney birthday dinner for 12 last night and here is my review. We started with the Sour Apple Chiller cocktail (Disney General bar Menu) which I served with the Dalkey Duo from Raglan Road (p. 45) and Goat Cheese and Tomato Tarts (below) from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, 2003.

The cocktail was a complete hit and after I finally sat down to rest at midnight, I made myself a double Sour Apple Chiller and blissed out. That's one drink I could become seriously addicted to. I'll post the recipe below. I know the Dalkey Duo recipe that llyninpa posted was accurate, but as I tried to incorporate the 1 3/4 cups flour and 1/2 cup corn flour into 1/2 cup lager and the mustard to make the batter, it became quickly clear that this was more suitable for making paper mache paste than batter. I checked some other beer batter recipes online and they used about 12 ounces beer for that much flour. I just kept adding lager until the consistency was smooth. My GF did the actual coating and deep frying (as I made the drinks) and she added a little more lager as it was still too thick. They turned out perfectly and got rave reviews - esp. the Mustard Mayonnaise. Not so successful was my second appetizer. There are no instructions as to how seem to roll the puff pastry - so I probably rolled it too thin. Anyway it was very soggy and could not be picked up. It didn't taste that great either.

We then had the Kona Salad (p. 28) with fresh baked bread and Macadamia Honey butter and though the salad didn't taste quite like I remembered from the restaurant, it was a huge hit. Unfortunately, Mom (who was assigned to make the salad) added all the bacon bits I had set aside for the 'Ohana Green Beans. She was three sheets to the wind already from the martinis and thought her mistake was hilarious, but I wasn't amused. Anyway, the guests loved the bacon bits in the salad and thought it was a hoot that I was upset at the recipe being "messed up". The Macadamia Honey Butter on the warm bread was a huge hit as well.

Main course was Island Barbecued Pork Ribs from the Poly resort (recipe below) with the Maui Scalloped Potatoes (p. 33) and 'Ohana Green Beans (recipe below). The vegetarians got Maple Glazed Salmon (p. 48). Every dish got raves, despite the fact that the green beans were missing the bacon. :eek: The ribs were such a hit that everybody took some home and my potatoes were perfect. I started with less cream, but had them in the oven longer than an hour because they taste raw to me (I did 4X the recipe), so I added the remaining cream during the cooking time and stirred it up a little. I also covered it with aluminum foil at the end and kept it all warm in the oven.

The dessert was the Almond-encrusted Cheesecake from Narcoosee's and Banoffi Pie (the traditional recipe - though Raglan Road serves this as well). The cheesecake was the biggest disappointment of the night as it was so much work and my expectations were high. I'm wondering if my son forgot to take it out of the oven. I had to go to work and had set the alarm for him to take it out, but when I got home and it looked dried and cracked and there was no more water in the waterbath. I won't critique this recipe until I find out if it was in the oven too long.

Sour Apple Chiller
Bar Menu, WDW

Absolut Vodka - 1.25oz
**Dekuyper Sour Apple Pucker - .75oz
*Sweet & Sour - 2 oz
**Monin Granny Smith Apple Syrup - 8 pumps

Glass: Hurricane
Preparation: Build in blender cup over ice, blend and pour it in glass
Garnish: Lemon and Lime Wheel

*I make my own sweet and sour mix and for this one I used a mix of lemon and lime juice.
** had to use different brands as I couldn't find these products.

This cocktail got rave reviews from everyone who tried it and I had to make lots.

Goat Cheese and Tomato Tarts
Epcot Food and Wine Festival '03, France
Yield: 4 Servings

Puff Pastry (available in grocery stores)
1 medium red tomato, sliced
1 medium yellow tomato, sliced
1/2 cup fresh goat cheese (chevre)
fresh basil, chopped, to taste
olive oil

Roll out pastry in a circle. Alternately layer the tomato slices, red and yellow. Crumble the goat cheese over the tomato. Sprinkle basil on top of goat cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350º for 15 minutes.

Island Barbecued Pork Ribs
Disney's Spirit of Aloha, Polynesian Resort
Yield: 4-6 servings
Select 2 each slabs of Raw Pork Spare Ribs (total – 4 lbs.)

Dry Seasoning
1 cup Kosher Salt
1 tsp Celery Salt
2 TBSP Mesquite Seasoning
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
3 TBSP Sugar
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper

Sauce
1 cup Tomato paste
1 TBSP Corn Syrup
1 TBSP Molasses
1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
2 TBSP Honey
1 cup Pineapple Juice
2 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Granulated Garlic
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1 TBSP Caramel
1/4 Tsp Smoked Liquid

Barbecue Sauce Preparation
In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. Keep refrigerated

Preparation
1. Mix all dry ingredients and season lightly the pork rib slabs on both sides; let marinate for 12 hours.
2. Cook the seasoned pork ribs at 325°F for 1 hour.
3. Cut slabs of ribs while hot into individual pieces (one bone each) and place in baking dish.
4. Heat the barbecue sauce to a simmer and pour over the entire pork ribs.
5. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place it in a warm oven at 200° for 30-45 minutes.

'Ohana Green Beans
'Ohana Restaurant, Polynesian Resort
Yield: 6 servings

2 lb. fresh green beans
1 medium red onion, sliced ½ inch thick
3 cloves fresh garlic (whole)
3 TBS canola or vegetable oil
2 TBS low sodium soy sauce
2 TBS granulated sugar
½ tsp Kosher salt
To Taste - fresh ground black pepper
1 lb. bacon, crispy, crumbled

1. Wash green beans in cold water. Snip both ends and break in half.
2. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add beans and blanch for 1 minute. Strain.
3. Heat a wok or fry pan over medium high heat. Add oil, then add garlic and sliced onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add green beans and stir-fry for 2-4 minutes depending on how well done you prefer your beans cooked.
5. Add soy, seasonings and continue to stir-fry for 1 more minute.
6. Adjust seasonings if desired.
7. Garnish with crispy crumbled bacon pieces.

ajleone- I sure did not mean for it to sound like your recipe was not 'authentic'- I just noted I'd also try the one Tatania posted as she stated she got it directly from 'Ohana. :flower3:

Many recipes posted (and many great ones, I might add) are not directly from the restaurant; as the source was not mentioned in your post I was not sure of the origination... again, not that that does not make it authentic.

No defending necessary :) Oh- and have a great trip next week!

Thank you we shall:thumbsup2 ! And after all this I do agree that the recipe they gave me does appear to be for more than 2lbs of wings- I think I'll try it with 4 or 5 and see how they come out!

I made the leeks yesterday, and they turned out very well. Probably the thing I've made so far that is most like the original dish. I'm going to buy more leeks, since I still have thyme and heavy cream, and make it again later in the week.

Thanks for letting us know about this recipe :) Did you also make the Potato Wrapped Snapper ?

When I'm there next week I'll get the recipe again and see if its different.

You're going to visit the Mouse next week?? I want to come!! Would it be possible to write down some of our requests and pass them on to the restaurants IF you happen to eat there or pass by them? It's always best to ask in person.

I am trying to find the recipe for the cornbread from the Garden Grill. It was the best cornbread I have ever had in my life!:love: I would love to try to make it at home. Does anyone know how I can find the recipe?

Can anyone help?

Sometimes I get so busy reading posts, searching for recipes & updating recipe lists that I forget to ask questions I have! :rotfl:
I have a couple of questions about making Fried Boursin like they serve at the PTC. Is this something that needs to be eaten soon or can it be allowed to sit like at a cocktail party? Also, has anyone tried this recipe with the apple & cranberry Boursin? I thought that would be a nice evening treat. :upsidedow

OK you can leave it but it will make it harden a bit inside that's all. When it cooks it goes gooey inside but Ive left them before and had them later and they are OK (I prefer them hot though). Havent tried the apple and cranberry boursin as we dont have that one over here in UK. Have used the herb one and have actually had them with cranberry sauce and they were lovely so would think that the apple and cranberry would be nice.

You're going to visit the Mouse next week?? I want to come!! Would it be possible to write down some of our requests and pass them on to the restaurants IF you happen to eat there or pass by them? It's always best to ask in person.

Great Idea!! If anyone has a recipe they are looking for list it here and I'll do my best to get a copy!

I have a question in regard to the pretzel bread at Cinderella's Royal Table. I have never eaten there, but are they the same/similar to the ones at Le Cellier?
If the answer is yes, then Disney does not make them, they are a commercial product (from Canada, if I remember correctly) and not some here in the states.

I'll try to find the info I saw about them and post it here.

EDIT: here it is! This is the company that supplies all the pretzel bread to wdw

Backerhaus Veit LTD.
70 Whitmore Rd.
Woodbridge, ON, Canada
L4L 7Z4

All Ears Net has updated again in record time. A lot of the recipes I sent them are are now up plus these new ones.

Coconut Curry Cauliflower Soup with Shrimp Dumplings
Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge

3 tablespoons Cornstarch
3 tablespoons Water
3 cups Chicken Stock
1 pound head Cauliflower, cleaned and sliced
2 ½ tablespoons Curry Powder, toasted
3 cups Coconut Milk
¼ cup Soy Sauce
¼ cup Sugar
8 ounces American Cheese, grated
To Taste Salt and Pepper
Shrimp Dumplings (recipe below)
Scallions for garnish

Method of Preparation:
1. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water; set aside.
2. In a small pan, place chicken stock with sliced cauliflower. Let simmer for a half hour.
3. Remove from heat. Place cauliflower and stock in a blender and puree until smooth.
4. Place the pureed mixture back on the stove and add the coconut milk, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
5. Add cornstarch mixture and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
6. Remove from stove. Add American cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
7. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
8. When ready to serve, place the coconut curry cauliflower soup in the bowl and add three shrimp dumplings. Then garnish with scallions.

SHRIMP DUMPLINGS
6 cups Water
Kosher Salt
8 ounces Shrimp (small size 50-60)
2 tablespoons Curry Powder, toasted
2 tablespoons Garlic Clove, chopped fine
½ cup Scallions, diced fine
¼ cup Cornstarch
¼ cup Onion, diced
2 each Whole Eggs
½ cup Flour
3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce

1. Boil water on the stove and add salt to taste.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and mix until a paste consistency.
3. Using a small scoop or two small spoons, scoop the shrimp paste mixture into the boiling water.
4. Let dumplings cook until done and remove from the pot.

Maize & Sweet Potato Tamales
Jiko - The Cooking Place , Animal Kingdom Lodge
Serves 8

Maize for Tamales
9 ounces maize or masa flour
3 cups whole milk
16 ounces water
1 cup Cheese mix (Kraft Italian cheeses works)
1/4 cup whole butter
1/8 cup white truffle oil
To taste kosher salt
To taste fresh ground black pepper

1. Bring the liquids to a boil in a stainless steel sauce pan.
2 Add maize and mix well.
3. Add cheese and mix well.
4. Add butter and mix well.
5. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
6. Add truffle oil and fold in the mix.
7. Blend the entire mix in a bar blender until smooth.
8. Pour into a small pan and let the mix chill down.
9. When ready to continue, cut the maize into 1 inch by 2 inch squares.

Sweet Potatoes for Tamales
1/2 pound peeled sweet potatoes
Drizzle white truffle oil
To taste kosher salt
To taste fresh ground black pepper

1. Boil sweet potatoes until soft and then drain the water out.
2. Mash the potatoes with a whisk and fold in the white truffle oil.
3. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper

Maize and Sweet Potato Tamales
1 each recipe for Maize
1 each recipe for sweet potatoes
16 each corn husks, shaped like a boat, tied at both ends
1 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/2 cup herb butter (butter mixed with chopped herbs)

1. Take the little corn husk boats and lay them out on the kitchen table.
2. Lay one piece of the Maize in the center of the corn husk.
3. Place a small amount of herb butter, or regular butter if you do not have the herb butter, right on top of the Maize.
4. Place a large dinner spoon full of the truffled sweet potatoes on top of the butter.
5. Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese on top of the sweet potatoes.
6. Place the tamales on a cookie sheet tray.
7. In a pre-heated oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit, warm up the tamales until they are hot in the center and the goat cheese has become golden brown.
8. Remove form oven and serve immediately.
9. Enjoy!

Tandoori Butter
Jiko - The Cooking Place, Animal Kingdom Lodge

1 pound Butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons Tandoori Spices (buy from Earthy.com)
½ cup Olive Oil
½ tablespoon Kosher Salt
¼ teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 each Parchment Paper, cut in half

1. Place the room temp butter in a mixing bowl and whip it really well until fluffy with lots of white peaks.
2. Carefully add in the Tandoori spices and mix well on slow speed.
3. Slowly add in the olive oil and let it mix well.
4. Season with the Kosher salt and the fresh ground black pepper. Adjust seasoning if need be.
5. While the butter is still soft, lay out a small amount of it onto the parchment paper and roll it tight for easy storage and portion control.

Tomato Bisque
Cape May Cafe Clambake, Beach Club

4 cans Plum Tomatoes-16 ounces
8 ounces Diced Celery
8 ounces. Diced Onions
8 ounces Diced Carrots
1 quartt Heated Heavy Cream
2 ounces Chopped Fresh Basil
To taste Salt and White Pepper
6 ounces Tomato Paste

1. Drain liquid from tomatoes and set aside
2. Place Plum Tomatoes on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for
20-30 minutes on 350°F
3. Sauté onions, celery and carrots in stockpot and cook until
translucent.
4. Add roasted tomatoes, juice and tomato paste.
5. Cook for 30-40 minutes.
6. Puree mixture.
7. Add warm cream.
8. Finish with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Add fresh chopped basil at the end.

Cornbread
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

4 ounces eggs
4 ounces oil
10 ounces bread flour
4 oz of corn meal
6 3/4 ounces sugar
1 ounce milk powder
1/4 ounce salt
to taste vanilla
8 ounces water
1.2 ounces baking powder

* Beat eggs
* Add eggs to oil and water
* Mix until well blended

* For corn bread, bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.

* For muffins, bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter