The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by schoonersky, Nov 14, 2012.

1. PlutoBaby

PlutoBaby Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Where did you find the prices?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PlutoBaby

PlutoBaby Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

SOOOO thankful I live in south Florida!! :cool1: Think I would go stir crazy being cooped up all winter!:hyper:

4. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

On the RunDisney site. Under registration or runner info.

5. Snelldog

Snelldog Earning My Ears

WHOOOOAAAAA.... I guess that's what ya expect from Disney, but $325 to run a race and meet my wife and niece at the after party is a little steep!! Oh we'll, all for the love of the mouse!

6. bungchiwow

bungchiwow Earning My Ears

Actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be! lol

7. Figment1990

Figment1990 DIS Veteran

The worst part about starting back up for me is always that my head and heart are totally in the game but my lungs and legs go- "hold on a minute! We're not with you yet!" it's tough but it isn't too bad for too long.

8. bigtony777

bigtony777 Disney Veteran

Host resorts are up on the website.

Value - All Star resorts
    Moderate - Caribbean Beach
    Deluxe - Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom, Beach Club and Boardwalk

I know last year they added a couple after the initial listing. But I think they started with a few less resorts with the first listing last year.

9. Tinker326

Tinker326 DIS Veteran

So what does this mean? They run transport from these resorts only? And is that to race & to packet pickup? Are there other things that go on at 'host' resorts?

And the price doesn't shock me. I mean, this is the same place that charges $450 for a 'deluxe room' the size of the Holiday Inn Express room or the $15 pin...or $45 t-shirt. Yhea, it's a racket & they have us all! It's the crack they put in the water at Disney- makes us think it's all good & pixie dust is raining down on us. :) (P.S- I am guilty of all above purchases!)

10. MikeofRose&Mike

MikeofRose&Mike Mouseketeer

If you are at a half now, you should be in good shape to enjoy the after party.

That is typically what host resorts offer. Transportation to and from expo, start and finish.

I just put my BWV wait list in last week, now it's just waiting, either for the 7 month point to book SSR or my WL to come through.

11. schoonersky

schoonersky Mouseketeer

ROFL! Yup- got us hook line and sinker.

When I update the first post I will add some useful information to it as well. That can be my project during the Friday and Saturday storm that is going to add another 2 feet of snow to the new foot and then some that came Monday. I'm not sure I will be running outside tomorrow- it is really icy out there!

12. FloridaNative8

FloridaNative8 Mouseketeer

Haha, I agree! My legs and lungs are always the last to get the memo :)

13. zgirls

zgirls Mouseketeer

ran a SuperBowl 10K on sunday on snow covered roads, so not fun, but I did catch up with an old friend.:)

DW and I will be doing the Jingle 5K in addition to my half mary.

Prices, ouch, :sick:, but I am paying because I love the mouse.

Already booked at SSR, thursday through tuesday.

Can't wait to get my C2C.

14. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

Host resorts are the only resorts that will provide transportation to/from the events for the weekend, the expo, the 5K, the half, the after party.

They have a separate bus stop for event buses and they are usually not standard Disney buses, they are chartered through Mears (more of a Magical Express style touring bus than a city transport bus).

If you book though runDisney for a runner's package it will be at a host resort. (Rarely a good deal even versus rack rate.)

Don't be surprised if the cast members at the resort know very little about what is going on, except that there is a race that weekend.

15. CamColt

CamColt <font color=magenta>Only thinks she’s not losing i

Do you have to stay at a host resort to use the transportation? For example if I stayed at the Swan and the BW was a host resort, could I walk over and use the trasnportation from the BW?

16. bungchiwow

bungchiwow Earning My Ears

Nope, they don't check anything to get on the bus...

Now I'm kind of second guessing even doing this race...I've been eyeing the Space Coast Half Marathon for some time now. It's December 1st and less than half the cost of W&D. And they just started the Big Bang series where you get a separate special medal for completing either 3 and/or 5 races within the next 5 years. Hmm. :scratchin

17. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

People do that quite often. Officially, no. But they don't stop and ask you for resort ID.

18. Haas4Concern

Haas4Concern Mouseketeer

That sounds interesting. I might have to look into the space coast race now.

19. CamColt

CamColt <font color=magenta>Only thinks she’s not losing i

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

20. sillylily

sillylily DIS Veteran

A few pithy words come to mind, but I'll keep themto myself. Blarg. :sad2:

21. tiffrobyn

tiffrobyn Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep

I'm not convinced these are necessarily the 2013 resorts. The travel page still says "Travel Packages for Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

November 9 - 10, 2012".

I'd believe it if they were the same, just saying that's not an official announcement.