The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Question: Is it work doing the travel package through RunDisney or booking separately? I already have a two day park ticket so I would only be making a room reservation. Also, I have two people going with me, should one of us register everyone for the race and after party? Not sure how quickly it fills up. Oh and we're doing the 5k, not the half if that makes a difference.

spartankid34 said:
Hi everyone!

I've been looking into the 5k this weekend for myself! See, I've been battling my weight for many, many years now. Over the past year and a half I've lost 60lbs, and I'm still working on losing more! It's my dream to be able to run/jog, or even "wog" a half marathon, but I am no where close to being able to do that, yet! So I'd like to try the 5k first! I'm still thinking and deciding and saving just in case I can do this! Any training tips would be greatly appreciated :) thanks!

That's great!! I was in the same boat, basically, and running has changed/saved my life! The best training tip I have for you is to sign up for the race! Once you've spent the money, you have hooked yourself to that race! I lost 25 lbs to begin with when I ran my first 4 mile race. Then I made the decision to run a half. Overall I'm down 40 lbs and have kept that weight off by running. This is my 5th year as a runner and I'm addicted! I set goals for each year. Last years goal was to run 1,000 miles. I ran 1,051! This year's goal is to run 13 13's in 13. 13 half marathons in a year. I ran my first of the year yesterday! Good luck to you! Set those goals!

Ahhh I was so happy to see this thread! :-) This will be my first ever half marathon, and first race in Disney! I won't lie, I am very nervous about this race, so any tips will be greatly appreciated!!!!! 269 days I am very very excited!:)

Erica

Overall I'm down 40 lbs and have kept that weight off by running. This is my 5th year as a runner and I'm addicted! I set goals for each year. Last years goal was to run 1,000 miles. I ran 1,051! This year's goal is to run 13 13's in 13. 13 half marathons in a year. I ran my first of the year yesterday! Good luck to you! Set those goals!

That's awesome! Kudos to you! And what a great goal (the 13 13 13)!!

Snelldog said:
That's great!! I was in the same boat, basically, and running has changed/saved my life! The best training tip I have for you is to sign up for the race! Once you've spent the money, you have hooked yourself to that race! I lost 25 lbs to begin with when I ran my first 4 mile race. Then I made the decision to run a half. Overall I'm down 40 lbs and have kept that weight off by running. This is my 5th year as a runner and I'm addicted! I set goals for each year. Last years goal was to run 1,000 miles. I ran 1,051! This year's goal is to run 13 13's in 13. 13 half marathons in a year. I ran my first of the year yesterday! Good luck to you! Set those goals!

Thank you for sharing your story! Very motivational! Right now the weight loss is most important, but I figure why not start training for something so I have another goal to look forward to!

I have to agree, just sign up, once you have spent the $ you will go! Thats what I did for this year, if you had asked me a year ago to run a 1/2marathon (or mile!) I would have said NO. But here I am I ran Tinkerbell last month and I am set to run Princess, and as soon as Wine and Dine opens I'm in :)

Unless I don't finish Princess next week, I am out for Wine and Dine. I can't swing Disneyland, Tower of Terror, Wine and Dine, and then Marathon Weekend without filing for Bankruptcy.

If I don't finish Princess, I may have to scrap Marathon Weekend so I can run Wine and Dine and get my C2C :)

sam9008 said:
Hi does anyone know what time registration opens?

Also, what are the host resorts?

I think it opens at noon ET on March 12th. I'm not sure host resorts have been selected.

subscribing. Ran my first 5K at Marathon Weekend. Would love to have this 5K race planned, and try to train for 1/2 next year's Marathon weekend.

The sun has been shining through my office window all afternoon. Its beckoning for me to come and play and run. But the wind and such are a bit too chilly for me to venture out this week. Hopefully next week will be a tad warmer.

Count me in! Well, us, really. I'm registering for the W&D half, and so is my DH (DEA on the boards). I completed my first half in January - the Donald - and we ran the ToT last year. The Donald was the first of four planned half marathons for me this year (!!!), and I'm thinking of shooting for Goofy in January to cross the full off my bucket list. :) I started running almost a year ago, so this has been quite a game-changer. We're going to go broke from all these races!

XO
Liz

spartankid34 said:
Thank you for sharing your story! Very motivational! Right now the weight loss is most important, but I figure why not start training for something so I have another goal to look forward to!

What I found was using both goals really kept me focused. That not only aided weight loss, but also gave me more ways to see success! Good luck with your journey, wherever it leads!

3Hi - Subscribing and planning to run the Wine and Dine with DH after completing the Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare for our C2C in 2013. So excited! These will both be our first Disney races. Have done a few 1/2 marathons before here locally in San Diego.

I really have no idea what to expect...I am open to ideas about how to prep:wizard:are...I am proposing to my girlfriend after the race!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter