The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had a chance to stay at the Poly instead of CSR would you? I am mostly concerned about the pool. This was the primary reason why I choose CSR over any of the other moderates.

Any advice/comments for those who stayed at both would be great.

Thanks.

If you had a chance to stay at the Poly instead of CSR would you? I am mostly concerned about the pool. This was the primary reason why I choose CSR over any of the other moderates.

Any advice/comments for those who stayed at both would be great.

Thanks.

I am begging and pleading with DH for us to stay at Poly. I'd practically give my right arm, left arm, legs, whatever to stay there again! :laughing:

I am begging and pleading with DH for us to stay at Poly. I'd practically give my right arm, left arm, legs, whatever to stay there again! :laughing:

As one who has stayed there twice, it is worth it in our opinion. Location, ambiance, monorail as well as very good restaurants make it one of our favorites. Now if they can just put DVC there(oh, now that is a request, not a rumor):rotfl: :rotfl:..smjj

I know that a minor under 16 has to be accompanied by an adult to use the gym, is there a fee to use it if so please fill me in!!!!:confused3

I know that a minor under 16 has to be accompanied by an adult to use the gym, is there a fee to use it if so please fill me in!!!!:confused3
There is no fee to use the gym! That was the reason we decided upon CSR last year. My bf is a such a gym rat! He would hit the gym mid day and I would nap :)

Back to the question of Poly vs. CSR. If your main concern is the pool keep in mind that the pool at Poly, while excellently themed is SMALL beyond belief. Way to small for the size of the resort. I think the pool at CSR is way better in size and theming. Just MHO. But if I had the chance to stay there and wouldn't be worried about the pool I would give it a shot. It's on my list to stay at this year.

Back to the question of Poly vs. CSR. If your main concern is the pool keep in mind that the pool at Poly, while excellently themed is SMALL beyond belief. Way to small for the size of the resort. I think the pool at CSR is way better in size and theming. Just MHO. But if I had the chance to stay there and wouldn't be worried about the pool I would give it a shot. It's on my list to stay at this year.

And dont forget..if you go during a conference the pools are going to be pretty empty during "work hours"...

Going to CSR for the 1st time in September..looking forward to it in a BIG way!!:cool1:

There is no fee to use the gym! That was the reason we decided upon CSR last year. My bf is a such a gym rat! He would hit the gym mid day and I would nap :)

Thanks for the info. I saw on Deb wWillis site that there was a family length of stay pass that you could use for the gym. I am thinking that may be old info then.

Yay my fiancee and I are going to stay at CSR in september, we can't wait. The pool looks awesome.

We are going in sept also. I am soo excited!! I called yesturday to request Ranchos 7B, we want to be by a quiet pool..

We were going to stay at the Poly, But it was about $1000 less (and thats US Funds!!) to stay at CSR, So we are going to tour around the other resorts, I have ADR'S for one night at the Poly and one night at AKL..

;)

This is my DS11 85lbs. comment about the slide at CSR, it was to slow. He liked CBR, for the slide they have. He said it was faster. The pool was the main reason I picked CSR.

I loved the fact that you could see the entire pool sitting in one spot at CSR.

We spent a lot of time at the Poly this last trip, first night there we did Ohana's, we did a breakfast at Ohana's and DS went to Neverland one night. We spent a lot of time on the bus getting back and forth to CSR and the Poly. That would be my dream to stay at the Poly. one day.

DH and I will be at CSR in July for a conference. We will have a rental car. The conference gets over at noon on friday and we want to fly home that night. How much time do we need to allow ourselves to get the the car rental return and then to the airport to check in (we like to arrive at the airport at least 2 hrs prior to flight time).
We have never been to Orlando so we are unsure of the traffic and the ease of the rental return system.
Thanks to anyone who can help us (we are going to make our flight arrangents tonight :thumbsup2 )

First of all...which rental car company are you using? Some are located at the airport, while others are located off site. If you're using an onsite airport agency i.e. Avis it doesn't take long at all to drop off your vehicle. If you're using an offsite agency i.e. Hertz you have to figure in shuttle bus time back to the airport.

On a Friday evening I would allow at least 45 mins to get from CSR to the airport (MCO). I prefer traveling 417 between MCO & WDW in order to avoid the congestion on 528 & I-4.

Do you plan on stopping for any groceries after your arrival?

Thank you for all your replies about both the CSR and Poly pools. I don't think I can give up this opportunity to stay at the Poly (got a great upsell rate).

Looking at all my ADR's: 'Ohanas, Kona, CM and WCC and planning on going to MK at least half our vacation, I think Poly will be the way to go.

I was so looking forward to statying at CSR, but there is always a next time.

Once again, Buzz you have a wonderful website showing off CSR.

We are going the first week of December. Is it usually warm enough to go swimming? I know the pools are heated, but I want to know if the temperature outside is warm enough to even go in the pool?

There are times in December when it is in the upper 80's during the day. There are other times in December when it doesn't make it to 60. December and January are iffy when it comes to the daytime and nighttime temperatures but there is usually one or two days when it will be warm enough to swim. My DD8 will swim regardless how cold it is as long as I sit by the pool with a fleece blanket to wrap her in until we get her into a hot shower.

First of all...which rental car company are you using? Some are located at the airport, while others are located off site. If you're using an onsite airport agency i.e. Avis it doesn't take long at all to drop off your vehicle. If you're using an offsite agency i.e. Hertz you have to figure in shuttle bus time back to the airport.

On a Friday evening I would allow at least 45 mins to get from CSR to the airport (MCO). I prefer traveling 417 between MCO & WDW in order to avoid the congestion on 528 & I-4.

Do you plan on stopping for any groceries after your arrival?

Thank you for your reply. Knowing there are rental companies in the aiport and some off site, we will use on that is on site.

Yes, we will be stopping for grceries/beverages. Can you point us in the right direction for those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter