The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've found to be the easiest is:

Leaving MCO take 417 (south exit from airport). This is a toll road.
Not too far from the airport take exit 11. At the bottom of the exit ramp you have a choice: turn left to go to Albertson's, or turn right and go to SuperTarget.
After shopping return to 417 and proceed until you see the Osceola Parkway exit. Next look for signs for Coronado Springs Resort. It's easy. So easy DW doesn't even get nervous with my driving!:lmao:

Are the following entrees available at The Maya Grill on The Dining Plan?
-Mixed Grill (filet mignon, "fresh catch" and ribs)
-Steak & Catch (filet mignon & the "catch of the day")
Thanks! :upsidedow

Last August I enjoyed the Filet & Fresh Catch of the day. It was delicous!!! Initially I was somewhat confused since I only ordered the filet, and I received the filet & fresh catch. Since I had DDP it didn't matter to me!

We are planning a family reunion and considering staying at CSR. My biggest concern is that it is so large and we have several members with very limited mobility. Would it be better to be located near the Pepper Market? I was think Cabanas but that seems to be popular.
TIA
Elizabeth

By very limited mobility do you mean in wheelchairs? And are you planning to use the main pool a lot? My experience with a wheelchair is that I prefer to be close to what we will be doing the most of. If we are not planning to dine at the resort but are planning to use the Dig Site then I try to get a room in the cabanas closest to the pool. Keep in mind that the Dig Site entrance closest to the pool is steps and you have to go around the front of the pool for the wheelchair entrance but this is still closer than the casitas. If we plan on dining at the resort than we try to stay in the Casitas (our favorite section anyway). Even the Ranchos are convenient to the pool but they are really far from the main building and some of the walkways are very confusing and difficult when using a wheelchair (ie steps instead of ramps). If you can get a room in the first building of the Cabanas you are close to both the Dig Site and the main building but you are correct that that is the most popular section.

uncle in a wheel chair/ECV but my mother and aunt are very limited in walking distances. My uncle needs a handicapped room with a roll in shower .I am thinking about renting ECV for my mom and aunt, but I don't know if they would use them. I thought maybe they housed all of the handicapped rooms in one of the areas.
Thanks for your help.
Elizabeth

debelfish: refer to my post on page 79 number 1177. Be sure you ask when you are assigned your room at checkin about where the ramp walkways are and where the steps are. Getting to and from various areas in a wheelchair or evc can be very confusing when you ahve to search out the ramps. Also, assuming you are not all going to be in one room (actually you can't because the HA rooms are all king beds) make sure you get connecting rooms. They will guarantee them if it is medically necessary or if half the party is in a wheelchair.

Just returned from CSR from our second trip in 4 years. We stayed in the cabanas, close to stop 4. First time we had room in Ranchos area.

I love this resort, the look, the theme, the food area, the lake, the pool, the spread out accomodations.

But this time we had the weirdest experiences that makes me question whether we will stay at CSR on our next trip.

1. Upon arrival and using ME, one piece of luggage was left at the airport and neither of our bags were delivered within the 3 hours of checkin. Add a few hours to that and a level of frustration and you have our first moments dealing with bell service. No explanation, no apologies. We were wished a magical day.

2. We were next to a crying baby family who seemed to be on California time while in Fl. They arrived in their hotel room nightly at midnight with crying children and loud voices. Even at 3 am on two nights, the youngest (sounded like a baby of age 1 or so) was still crying/screaming with the notable meltdown tone. Calling the front desk and asking for assistance with the noise, I was told they would check into it. The baby cried on.

3. We would leave early in the morning to head to parks, coming home mid afternoon around 4 to find our room had not been cleaned. We had to vacate the room around 5 when housekeeping arrived to accomodate their timetable.

4. Night before checkout an automated voice message told me that the express checkout paperwork would be on door first thing in morning. On morning of checkout, the bill was not on door. We waited until 8:30. I called front desk to ask about it and was told they were out delivering and should arrive by 9. 9 arrived, no bill. I called and they said they would send a runner. 9:15 I called again. They told me the runner was not answering their page. 9:30 just as bell service arrived to handle our luggage, the runner arrived with the bill. (Nice bellman that day. )

In conclusion, while everyone was nice as pecan pie and the resort is awesome, the service was stinky. I have no idea if the luggage mishap was the fault of the resort or not but no one would take responsibility for the missing luggage nor the bad timing. I have no idea why housekeeping couldn't clean our room while we were out of our room from 8:30 am - 4 pm. I don't know why the checkout express bill wasn't delivered in a timely way. But it all adds up for me as a questionable return to this resort for us.

Kaky-
We are leaving in 2 and a half weeks for a week at Coronado Springs with a group of 14 for a high school graduation celebration. I have built in daily naps and swims for the afternoon hours and it makes me nervous that they might interrupt that for maid service. Does anyone else out there know if Kaky's experience is the norm? DH and I were at WL and GF in Feb and had no problems with service or DME bag service. Most of our group have never been to WDW and I really want everythng to be perfect.:sad2:
DeliveryNrse

I did discover that I could call housekeeping and reschedule them for after 5 pm when we left to head back out. Put the Privacy thing in your door and notify housekeeping of your plans.

Its no biggie but was an inconvenience to have to pick up the phone and call them...that and coming home after the day out to find the beds weren't made for our naps. We survived but it wasn't magical. :)

Kaky-
We are leaving in 2 and a half weeks for a week at Coronado Springs with a group of 14 for a high school graduation celebration. I have built in daily naps and swims for the afternoon hours and it makes me nervous that they might interrupt that for maid service. Does anyone else out there know if Kaky's experience is the norm? DH and I were at WL and GF in Feb and had no problems with service or DME bag service. Most of our group have never been to WDW and I really want everythng to be perfect.:sad2:
Not for us. We always return to the room around 1 of 2 for a swim and in nine trips to CSR, we've always had our room done earlier than that with one exception.

I've encountered the same late day housekeeping problem at other WDW resorts (deluxe, mod, & value). A quick call to housekeeping rectified the problem every time. Also put the do not disturb sign on the door during midday naps (We LOVE midday naps!). Also, don't hesitate to call housekeeping after nap time if the room hadn't been made up yet.

We did have housekeeping make up our room in the afternoon every day. After watching a few days it seemed we were one of the last rooms done every day. There may very well be an established pattern for each building. I would ask about this on check in and see if they can determine the time of day you might expect housekeeping. Interestingly, our room wasn't ready until mid to late afternoon the day we checked in. We drove straight through arriving at CSR after a 22 hour drive and had to hang out at the pool for hours waiting for our room.

I find the discussion on mousekeeping interesting because my problem has always been that they are there to clean before we are ready to leave in the morning, not extremely early but around 8:30 ish. In the 20 or so times we have stayed there we have never not had our room made up when we return from the parks in the afternoon. That did happen at GF though.:confused3

So...........It's acceptable to call and ask for your room to be "made up" by a certain time?:confused3 And........has anyone else had trouble with your bags getting to your room at CSR? In Feb at WL our room was ready at noon and bags were in room when we arrived from park. No problems!

DeliveryNrse

So...........It's acceptable to call and ask for your room to be "made up" by a certain time?:confused3 And........has anyone else had trouble with your bags getting to your room at CSR? In Feb at WL our room was ready at noon and bags were in room when we arrived from park. No problems!
No problems with either for us. Bell services has always been great and mousekeeping has finished our room prior to returning in the afternoon for naps. I think it can depend on which end of their cleaning route you are on though. Sounds like Minniesummer was at the beginning and your room must have been at the end for their route.

We must have been on their end of day route. But oddly enough, the morning we left, housekeeping was at the door before bell service was there to take our bags to the ME/airline check-in. They stood outside waiting on us to leave. They must have some sort of schedule that didn't seem to jive with our schedule.

So...........It's acceptable to call and ask for your room to be "made up" by a certain time?:confused3

DeliveryNrse

I did this last year while staying at Pop. We always go to the parks first thing in the morning, then return around 2:00 for a nap. I hate to come back to a dirty room because then I can't relax worrying about housekeeping coming to the room. (Yes, I am Type A) ;) After the third morning of me calling for an early cleaning the lady (who was pleasant about it) said would you just like us to mark you down for an early cleaning the rest of the week. :laughing: I did . . . and they did. :thumbsup2

Thanks all.:goodvibes I have truly been so anxious about this trip because I love Disney so much and I am desprately praying that my group has a magical time. I am the planner: made resort decision, dining reservations, touring plans etc. I have probably spent over a thousand hours working on this trip and I just want it to be special. I picked CSR in large part due to this thread and Buzz's CSR website. It looks beautiful!!:thumbsup2 I try not to be too discouraged by negative comments because I know that I am in general a glass half full person and am more likely to focus on the positives than negatives and always believe that if "I am nice to them, they will be nice to me". My Grandma always said, "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar." so I plan on just being as sweet as sugar (note southern accent)

DeliveryNrse

Yes, we returned most days between 12 and 1 for a nap. I always called Housekeeping just as we were leaving the room (usually around 7:30am!) to tell them we'd be back by 12 or 12:30. They always do the room, not problem, in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter