THE MURPHYS are LIVE from the YACHT CLUB ~ May 25-June 1

I had an altercation with some crazy lady who tried to throw her kid in the front of a huge crowd right as the parade was starting. She physically hit me on the back and the arm. I somehow managed to stay calm and not put my hands on her. I explained we had been standing there for over an hour and she can't expect to walk up and put her kid in the front (he was older , probably a hundred pounds , not a tiny kid) right as the parade starts. It got ugly , but I think I handled her pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You gotta love people like that!! :(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just found this thread and I love live trip reports. My DH works at DHS and is working at tower or terror right now. They are forecasted for 40000+ people today, max capacity is 46000 for that park. Yesterday they had 2 people get in a fist fight in one of the libraries at tower.

Hope you have lots of fun even with the crazy crowds.

This crowd sounds like the one we were stuck with Christmas 2011. Animal Kingdom was the worst for us. When the tram arrived at the parking lot, people went crazy. All of a sudden the line of people turned into raging animals yelling and pushing each other to get on :worried:. One lady was yelling and pushed my mom and son. I was not happy :furious:. I pulled them out from the stampede and waited for the next tram. Crazy! It did not ruin the rest of our stay, but that was my family's first visit to WDW :confused3.

Erika I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Don't let the villains take your magic away :wizard:

null_zps5273931e.jpg

On the boat back to YC for swimming! We accomplished more than I thought we would, hopefully next weekend won't be quite as bad. We will plan to finish up the Star Wars characters on Friday. :)

Glad to see your trip report again! Let me get this straight..you booked a room only CL reservation and they did not have it for you when you checked in? They offered you a room 2 floors below and access to the CL? Did they comp you the price difference or are they saying that it is really the same because you're getting access to the CL? Curious if they bumped you down because you possibly paid less than rack rate...:confused3
I'm just curious if this is something they always do now...overbook CL to take the $, and just assume the room on the other floor is acceptable for the guest?:stir: If so they really shouldn't do this because the CL is pretty small and should really serve only the guests on the CL floor.

Glad to see your trip report again! Let me get this straight..you booked a room only CL reservation and they did not have it for you when you checked in? They offered you a room 2 floors below and access to the CL? Did they comp you the price difference or are they saying that it is really the same because you're getting access to the CL? Curious if they bumped you down because you possibly paid less than rack rate...:confused3
I'm just curious if this is something they always do now...overbook CL to take the $, and just assume the room on the other floor is acceptable for the guest?:stir: If so they really shouldn't do this because the CL is pretty small and should really serve only the guests on the CL floor.

According to the manager this was their mistake. When we checked in (approx 4:00 pm) all rooms on the 5th floor except for one king bed room were occupied. So they offered us a king bed with two rollaways, which we turned down. Then they put us on the 3rd floor with CL access. The rate was slightly adjusted down, but I would have rather paid my original rate and received the room I booked. We didn't get turndown last night, we didn't get cleaned yet today (2:00 PM), no robes, and basically no magic. I just spent the last twenty minutes on the phone because we received a voicemail that our room move was ready. But it was a mistake. I'm annoyed. To say the least.

Erika, I am so sorry to hear of the lack of magic at YC CL :( We have booked ar RO Discount for YC CL GV in Sept. Sure hope history doesn't repeat itself then.

Glad you've got a chill attitude :cool1: are and making it still a good family time despite other's craziness.

Here's hoping you get a big dose of Pixie Dust before this trip is over pixiedust:

I am so sorry to hear of your less than magical start to your vacation. You've been planning this trip for quite a while and when things don't turn out quite as expected, it's a letdown.

At least your boys are old enough to go to the lounge.....at 11 and 13 I wouldn't hesitate to send them up for a pop or a snack. Heck, I sent my 9 and 11year olds to the Marketplace to refill their mugs last summer and never worried.

Hopefully the pixie dust will start flying for your family real soon! I'm looking forward to reading your real-time updates! I'll live vicariously through you since our trip isn't for another 49 days.

For my YC/BC friends!!! Sunken Treasure :)

null_zpse44f52af.jpg

For my YC/BC friends!!! Sunken Treasure :)

Yay! This should definitely help erase the less than magical moments! Looks delicious! Did you bring your laminated recipe card? Or did the bartender know how to make it. :)

Yay! This should definitely help erase the less than magical moments! Looks delicious! Did you bring your laminated recipe card? Or did the bartender know how to make it. :)

Virginia knew :) thank goodness

Just got a call from the manager Amy, apparently she is unable to move us to the garden view room tomorrow after all, so now they are offering us a move to a standard room. At least that's the story we are getting now. Who knows what they'll say in 3 hours. So frustrating. Why promise us we can have room we booked tomorrow and then say no?????

I bet you need another sunken treasure maybe 2 after all that. I know I would. :)

Hope it gets better soon. The weather at least is on your side lol

Mmmmm... Sunken Treasure looks delish!!!

How is the situation with chair hogs?

Hope your room issue gets resolved. Would love to see you moved to the room you booked soon!

Update! We are moving upstairs tomorrow to lagoon view club. Finally some pixie dust!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter