The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

We have two cabins booked for the Fantasy 9/1/12 sailing. Booked 9B guaranty and got 9B at the very front of the ship.

Waiting on 5E GTY Feb 17 2013...I normally hand pick our room. I mean I research and read reports before I pick our room. So I'm a bit anxious.
Though everyone I've spoken with is very pleased with their GTY room
UUUGGGHHH

Count me in! :)

I'm in an 11C GTY for our 2 week Hawaii cruise in October. It's all I could afford. I'm hoping for some pixie dust! :cheer2:
:tinker: pixiedust:

changed our 9D GTY to a 10C GTY because we'll save about $300...:banana:
:thumbsup2

Got our assignment last week for our late August cruise. I was surprised to get it so early! Booked a GTY 10B inside and got a 9C oceanview in what looks to be a great location. We are very happy! :thumbsup2
:cool1:
Just got my GTY assignment for sept 3rd Alaska! I did a 7a navigators verandah GTY, and ended up with a 5a deluxe verandah in deck 7! Yay!! :) would have been perfectly happy with the navigator verandah, but I'll take it! ;)
:cool1:
On our FE list, there are 13 cabins that are listed as gty status. It looks like there are many of us in the same boat. (or should I say on the same boat without a cabin assignment!) :rotfl: I wish we were leaving tomorrow..I need a vacation SOOO bad!
ME TOO!!!
45 days out and we just rec'd our GTY assignment :) Booked 7A gty and got a 5A
Yay!
:cheer2:
Hi everyone, just checked my reservation like I do every night & noticed that I had my room assignment. I booked a 6A guarantee & have been assigned a 5A....room number 10046! I can't seem to find any room reviews, but I'm very excited to be on the 10th deck & that we received an upgrade! The last time I booked guarantee I got the category I booked. Now to find out what our VGT will be for the week before...we are doing a back to back! I'm really surprised that we received the second week before the first? I guess it's because of the VGT! I hope they keep us in the same room...it would be so much more convenient...I guess time will tell! Good luck to everyone else who is waiting on room assignments!:goodvibes

:cheer2::cheer2:

I just came across this at one of the sites I visit (Cruise Advice)
"Exterior staterooms 10034- 10056 port side and 10534- 10556 starboard are all under a relatively quiet pool area..."

I'm sorry, but what does VGT mean???

I am DYING too! We are on the August 4th sailing and still nothing, can't WAIT! The anticipation is fun though : )
Lesley

Do you often get upgraded when you don't know your room #? We are sailing Sept. 15 on fantasy and still don't know our cabin #.

Thanks for the info on room 10046!! VGT is a restricted veranda stateroom...you have to pay for it all upfront, you can't make any changes to the reservation & you don't receive your assignment till very close to your sailing. The rate was a lot cheaper then a regular veranda stateroom!:goodvibes

We just booked VGT for the 03Sep Wonder sailing to Alaska! I've already checked the DCL website several times today, even though I know there's NO chance our stateroom has been assigned. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next 5 weeks... :p Hope we have a bit of the same pixie dust as Momma2Jax - a 5A verandah would be awesome!

but my very first GTY reservation! The "turkey" week cruise on the Fantasy this November! GTY for an 8D but hoping for pixie dust & an upgrade to an
8A! pixiedust:

A princess can hope right??? :disrocks:

Got my room assignment 45 days out. I booked a 5E GTY, but of course I wasn't going to get it--apparently they are too popular! I was upgraded to a 4E (new category), although my ressie still shows it as a 5E. In any case, it's 5150, with the super-wide balcony so...yay!

Did our check-in last night and magically we got one of our three GTy assignments for our 9/22 cruise on Fantasy. The 7a room assigned stayed a 7a but we are really happy with th location on deck 8 room 8022. The other two 11c GTy rooms have not been assigned yet.

I am also waiting for two GTY rooms for 9/22 on the Fantasy

Waiting along with all the rest of you :hyper:
We have 2 VGT for the 9/2 Magic. Just hoping they will assign the rooms in close proximity to each other...... One fellow cruiser has already received her stateroom assignment :confused:.....but not us..... I have never booked a GTY/xGT status before, but the fare is what allowed us to sail this time.....I HATE waiting. :headache:

16 days to go and still waiting on our VGT for the 8/5 Dream!!

Trying not to check every hour! LOL :rotfl2:

I'm on the same cruise on 8/5, and not assigned as well. I have two staterooms.

I'm VGT on 8/25 Fantasy. I added my 21 y/o son this morning. Hope we get a little bit bigger room now. As my fellow cruisers have been getting their docs, yesterday and today, we're still waiting for room assignment. My TA talked to DCL when making the change, and they told her they haven't been sent yet.

still waiting for 8/4 Fantasy................

Practically the first thing my DD (14) texts me when she wakes up!

Just did our online check-in for the 10/4 Dream sailing - booked 9A and received a 9A. Thankfully it is not a forward facing one, which was my only hope! Would be happy sleeping on a lounge chair on a deck somewhere though, as long as I am on a Disney ship!

Still waiting on my Sept 12th on the Magic.
Anyone get theirs for that cruise yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter