The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by CruisingGoddess, Jun 20, 2012.

1. EWL

EWL In Pursuit of Enchanted Tiki Birds

Woohoo! :cool1: Ours just came through too for the 8/5 Dream-- booked VGT and got a 5A midship on deck 10!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. timandlesley

timandlesley <font color=darkorchid>The tag fairy may not but t

O.K, just got ours, I'm not too happy but we're SAILING ON THE FANTASY!!!
    We got 7191 Aft at the very back of the ship in an inside category 11B. I'm nervous on reviews reading online about the noise level, only cabin report on the Dis about our room says they had to be moved and neighbors had to move due to noise too, PRAYING this isn't the case for us. If ANY of you have experience in aft rooms on the Fantasy please let me know : )
    Lesley

4. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

Finally!!! :) I'm sorry you are disappointed :( But you're right - woohoo you'll be on the Fantasy!

I'm not sure why people reported it was so loud there? For what it's worth, we were on the Dream last month and had the extended aft verandah one floor below in 6188 and it was SO quiet - we loved it! I can't imagine why one floor up and inside would be so loud?

I'm sure you guys will have a blast and I hope it works out for you. :thumbsup2

Heather

5. concept5123

concept5123 Mouseketeer

So I'm net to the whole gty thing, so when you log in online where it says stateroom on the first page Vgt it will then just have a room number right?

6. z28wiz

z28wiz DIS Veteran DVC Gold

7. concept5123

concept5123 Mouseketeer

Awesome!! The waiting game continues :0)

8. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

Still nothing for the 8/25 Fantasy. I see there are still tons of rooms left for this cruise. Does that mean they are holding out assigning room numbers, and that we might get an upgrade? :yay:

9. travelwith2

travelwith2 Earning My Ears

:thumbsup2 that's what I'm hoping for!

10. Henlady

Henlady DIS Veteran

Still waiting for VGT assignments.
    Within hours after I booked VGT on the Sept 2nd Magic, they opened up DVC rates that along with the further discounted rate members could actually select their stateroom. I would imagine most of the "good" rooms were booked by DVC members (Cat 4 & 5 were literally flying off the DCL website) , and those who booked VGT will get the so called "bottom of the barrel" leftovers :rolleyes2. Oh well, we'll at least have a room somewhere on the ship.

11. nlm74

nlm74 Mouseketeer

Currently booked on a 9C GTY. I went online and saw that there's a #5000 now next to the 9c which I'm assuming is the room number?

I looked online and rm 5000 is on deck 5 is that right? So that would be an upgrade? Obviously this is an OV rm but does anyone know what kind? I think I saw somewhere that it might be a navigator's verandah? But I can't find that website again....

Thanks

12. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Ok I'm kind of new to the whole GTY thing so I may be wrong. Here's a stateroom report. Looks like its a 9A maybe?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=5000

13. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

My fingers are still crossed for an upgrade. I just read your article on Chip & Co. HaHa - I recognized your name right away! I'm with PixieMichele! :wave:

14. nlm74

nlm74 Mouseketeer

Oy looks like there's going to be noise issue as it's above the theatre. Might not be so happy with my 2 little ones needing naps during the day and bed by 9-10pm.

What are my options with the GTY?
    I don't think we get to the port until 1pm so not sure what the likelihood of changing rooms at the port will be.

15. tortoni

tortoni DIS Veteran

I'm with you, Henlady. I booked and then dvc came out and we own dvc! Could not switch due to VGT restrictions, but price was so low I'll be happy with whatever we get.

16. Kebby

Kebby Mouseketeer

Got my GTY assignment today! bumped from a 7A navigators to a 5A deluxe regular veranda, room 10010. I am happy about this!

17. DizzylandDeb

DizzylandDeb DIS Veteran

We received our room assignment today (45 days out) for the 9/8/12 Fantasy Sailing :banana: We booked a 9A GTY and received a 5A on deck 10 :thumbsup2

We're VERY happy with the pixiedust:

18. rosermama

rosermama DIS Veteran

Congrats which cruise are you on? Im just curious I am wondering about how long before your cruise you got an assignment so I can try to guage how long I have to wait.
    Enjoy your cruise

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

19. xioadeci

xioadeci Earning My Ears

I booked a cat5E as well for December, can't wai to see what room I get. Good Luck

20. rosermama

rosermama DIS Veteran

Which cruise in Dec?
    I m on the 1st waiting for a Cat 6b gty

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

21. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

Great upgrade. But I'm wondering, when you book a GTY, I thought that meant ANY room within a specific category (IGT, VGT, etc.). So, how did you know you were originally a 7a? Am I missing something?