The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

Still dont have mine for the two staterooms on the Aug 5th 5 night cruise on the dream.

Waiting on our room assignment too! We have an 8A booked for 9/15 Western Fantasy. Trying to be patient, but it's so hard!

Leaving in 10 days and we were a GTY 11C booked onboard last July. About 30 days ago we got our room assignment for a 5A - so don't loose hope the Pixie dust is in the air. We are still in shock as things like that never happen to us.:goodvibes

Even though you are already on your cruise I just have to say that I am so excited for you and hope you are having fun and enjoying that wonderful pixie dust. :cool1:

Is it me or does it seem like everyone is getting the same cat they were gty?
No complaints just observing and hoping for a better pixie dust filled trend.

On a bright note they just opened some cat 6 gty on my cruise about 100 more the only question is can I talk DH into it hmmmmmm

On a bright note for myself I created my own pixie dust I asked nicely if I could upgrade us to a normal balacony as opposed to an obstructed one for less than $100 could I do it- DH said yes but not to go over that amount. So I upgraded from a GTY 7A to a GTY 6B I am certainly ok with this Cat over the other one I was sure that I would get one of those dredded rooms with the worst obstruction possible. NO worries now just have to wait for an assignment and I am not in any hurry at all. :yay:

Good morning...I to am waiting on my 6A guarantee for September 1 Western Carribean on The Fantasy. I also have a VGT for the August 25th Eastern Carribean so I'm wondering when I will get my assignment....it will probally be really late!

For your B2B hopefully they are working it out so you can get the same room on both cruises :tink:

IGT booked for the Fantasy August 4th, checked today as it's Monday and that seems to be the trend, still nothing, AUGH!!!!! Suspense is killing me. I'm so excited for this cruise and am thankful just to be on the ship, keep telling myself that as I anxiously await the assignment;)
Anyone else get assignments today?
Lesley

Add us to the list!! :wave2:

We took advantage of the OGT discounted cabins being offered on the 8/15 Dream sailing this weekend so we are so eager to learn where we will be! :cool1:

This is quite the contrast as we booked our 6/20 Dream cruise 14 months out and specifically picked our cabin so we knew everything about it. Like Lesley said ~ we are grateful for the awesome fare and opportunity to sale again so we will just go with the flow... But I REALLY want to know :rotfl2:

Heather

I am on the 5 night July 27th dream cruise as a VGT and I still have not received my room assignment. I am starting to wonder if I will receive it before I leave home. The cruise currently shows that it is completely sold out so I don't know what we are waiting for:confused3 I booked the cruise 33 days before sailing and in the beginning I was checking the website about twice a day. Now that I only have 11 days left I am checking it like 50 times a day. :surfweb:

45 days out and we just rec'd our GTY assignment :) Booked 7A gty and got a 5A
Yay!

Sometime after 6:30 am :) We checked then and nothing - I just checked right before I posted and it was there

A previous post said they suspect rooms are assigned every Tuesday but not sure if it's true.

Do not believe that is accurate. It has been reported they assign the staterooms on Monday, but we have discovered that is not the case. In addition, someone received their assignment on Friday (either last week or the week before). I think DCL just likes to keep us guessing!

So up until now I was sort chuckiling at how impatient everyone was...I mean you'll get your assignment eventually so what's the big deal? And then I hit the 19 day mark and I am constantly checking, going insane!!!!!!! Come on VGT assignments for August 4th Fantasy! :cheer2:

I have an 11B Gty booked for the Eastbound Transatlantic in May, 2013. I don't think I'll be getting my room assignment any time soon:rotfl:!

I just booked an OGT for the 9/12 Magic sailing to Canada. I don't care what room I get, really, but it will be good to know. I doubt that I'll get that room number for quite a few weeks yet, but at least I know I'll have a room somewhere!

Beth

We just booked a GTY for 8/29. I am just excited to be going and can't wait to see what room. This will be our first trip on the dream!!

We are 99 days out today and just got the room assigned when I paid the balance today. Room 2523. So no upgrade for us, but looks like a good location.

Has anyone not gotten their room assignment until they physically have gotten to the ship?
I remember asking a Disney when I should expect to get our room assignment and she said sometimes you don't even get it until you board the ship, and sometimes you'll get it before and it can change multiple times....really?

Has anyone not gotten their room assignment until they physically have gotten to the ship?
I remember asking a Disney when I should expect to get our room assignment and she said sometimes you don't even get it until you board the ship, and sometimes you'll get it before and it can change multiple times....really?

It's true that some people don't get their room assigned until they check in at the pier. I don't know how often it happens though.

Hi everyone, just checked my reservation like I do every night & noticed that I had my room assignment. I booked a 6A guarantee & have been assigned a 5A....room number 10046! I can't seem to find any room reviews, but I'm very excited to be on the 10th deck & that we received an upgrade! The last time I booked guarantee I got the category I booked. Now to find out what our VGT will be for the week before...we are doing a back to back! I'm really surprised that we received the second week before the first? I guess it's because of the VGT! I hope they keep us in the same room...it would be so much more convenient...I guess time will tell! Good luck to everyone else who is waiting on room assignments!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter