The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are locals (well, an hour from the parks) and I want to surprise my husband with dinner at V & A. My first question, about how long does the meal last? We will be leaving our little ones home with a sitter so we need to know how long we will be gone. I need to figure out if I should wait until I wean my 9 month old. Also, does it book up 180 days in advance, or do I have a shot at getting a reservation in early December? Thanks!

We are locals (well, an hour from the parks) and I want to surprise my husband with dinner at V & A. My first question, about how long does the meal last? We will be leaving our little ones home with a sitter so we need to know how long we will be gone. I need to figure out if I should wait until I wean my 9 month old. Also, does it book up 180 days in advance, or do I have a shot at getting a reservation in early December? Thanks!

The main dining room is six courses and lasts two to two-and-a-half hours. The QVR/Chef's Table is 10 to 12 courses and lasts about four hours.

My dinners at V&A have ranged from a bit over 2 hours (main room, dining solo) to around 4 hours (QV Room birthday dinner). The average has probably been about 2 3/4 hours. I've had good luck booking the main dining room on fairly short notice (30-45 days or less), but I tend to go to WDW during less-busy seasons. Early seatings seem to fill faster than the late ones. December is a good time to go...truffle season!! Their truffle brioche is the best bread I've ever had.

We have a reservation in the main dining room for 12/13. We are celebrating our DDs 16th birthday as well as our 25th anniversary.:cool1::cool1: The three of us are really looking forward to it! Anyone else scheduled the same time?

I just got the Queen Victoria Room for our trip in November. I had booked the main dining room but starting reading about QVR and decided to try for the same night and got it! AHHH! I'm so excited.

I do have a few questions though. I want to take pictures of each course. Would this be frowned upon or look ridiculous??? I wouldn't use flash or anything. Also, would the servers be willing to take a picture of us? I know it's a dumb thing to worry about but I don't want to look like I've never been out to dinner. hahaha

Also, we can split the wine pairing correct in the QVR? We normally do not drink at all so I'm afraid a wine pairing for each of us would be too much?

OH MY GOD! I'm so excited. (like I've never been out to dinner before excited. ;))

First of all, I had no idea there was such a thread - but here is link to a table of VnA reports for those looking for pictures of a sample meal: Click Here

That said, obviously, you can see that I have been taking pictures - but there was a patron in the dinng room in March who sent the waitress over to ask that I stop taking pictures. Just FYI, it is a hot topic these days and you never know for sure what will be accepted!

A puzzled diner at the adjoining table asked me why I thought they had made that request. My response = "Because they can." I have read various articles in restaurant blogs. pro / con. Whatever. I can go with th flow.

First of all, I had no idea there was such a thread - but here is link to a table of VnA reports for those looking for pictures of a sample meal: Click Here

That said, obviously, you can see that I have been taking pictures - but there was a patron in the dinng room in March who sent the waitress over to ask that I stop taking pictures. Just FYI, it is a hot topic these days and you never know for sure what will be accepted!

A puzzled diner at the adjoining table asked me why I thought they had made that request. My response = "Because they can." I have read various articles in restaurant blogs. pro / con. Whatever. I can go with th flow.

If we are the only guests in the QVR, we'll take several photos; however, if we are not, we don't. Still, a single photo at the end of dinner taken by a CM is understandable and unobtrusive.

Enjoy.

All the best. :thumbsup2

We got some great news today. A few months ago (180 days before our trip), I got up at 4am (CA time) and tried to make a V&A reservation in the Chef's Table, but it was already taken. I had us put on the wait list, but I didn't have much hope. Earlier today, we were contacted by Disney and told that the original party had canceled and we were next in line for the Chef's Table. Now, we will have our dream dinner when we go in November. I know it would have been a fantastic experience in the Queen Victoria's Room, but I'm thrilled to get the chance to be at the Chef's Table.

We got some great news today. A few months ago (180 days before our trip), I got up at 4am (CA time) and tried to make a V&A reservation in the Chef's Table, but it was already taken. I had us put on the wait list, but I didn't have much hope. Earlier today, we were contacted by Disney and told that the original party had canceled and we were next in line for the Chef's Table. Now, we will have our dream dinner when we go in November. I know it would have been a fantastic experience in the Queen Victoria's Room, but I'm thrilled to get the chance to be at the Chef's Table.

Wow, that's great! You'll have to tell us all about it.

I just ate there on my birthday 6-30. One thing they did for me was accomidate my needs for small portions due to a Gastric Bypass surgery 2 and a half years ago. When I first called they said they dont adjust the price. One of the managers called me but we played telephone tag and never got to talk.

When I arrived the waiter told me that they would be happy to accomodate me. I could go with the regular menu or just pick which pieces I wanted and they would charge me an a la carte price.

I got tiny portions of every course and it was still too much food. I think that my cost was 75.00.

I got to try each course and the tiny portions helped.

We are going back in October!! I want to be a regular there!

THAT IS MY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**sorry I just had to post & tell you. And I was in WDW for 6/30/12 this year for my very 1st visit on my birthday ever!!!!!!!!! I ate at California Grill that night though. We've been to V&A for our wedding anniversary before- but never my birthday- that would be SO GREAT!!

***sorry- just have to post & tell you that we share a birthday!!!

Congrats and enjoy.

Disney_Dawg said:
I LOVE V&A :love: We go everytime we visit WDW.

They ask you about dislikes/food allergies when you first make your reservation. They call to confirm your reservation a few weeks before you go and reconfirm everything then.

You have to get the coffee when you go . . . so tasty and you'll love the way it's brewed.

Late to this thread. But the coffee....is what made me want to go . Haven't discussed it with DH though, yet. But I'm a barista & a coffee snob. So!:)

zulemara said:
My bf and I ate there xmas eve 2007. It was absolutely fantastic. It was our anniversary so I called ahead and arranged for a cake to be made. The cake was TO DIE FOR! It was absolutely amazing. I also called ahead and requested that the harp player learn "come what may" from moulin rouge. He learned it just for us(he called to confirm the version we wanted) and played it during the dinner. It was a fantastic night. Our 4 year is coming up and I'd love to go back, but I'm afraid I can't afford it this time around.

We did wine pairing and since it was a holiday, the price was jacked up. It was 500 for the two of us with tip.
Was there a charge for the harpist learning the song?! That's fantastic !
MAYNARDS99 said:
The servers would be glad to split the glasses between courses, and of course you can sip your husband's wine!

The servers at V&A are professionals, they truly want you to be happy and satisfied.

It's all about you!
Good to hear...

ambgoph said:
We split the wine pairing - no problem at all. I was glad that we did - it was a lot of wine.
:)

Cheshire Figment said:
Actually it is very normal for couples at V&A to order different dishes for each course and cross-eat because of the variety and quality.
yay!

Beka said:
So glad you enjoyed it Tinkerbellie! Hope you feel better soon! I agree, it gets a little cold in there; I was so glad they had shawls for us.
They had shawls? Wow...

I'm figuring two dinners plus one wine flight, with tax and tip, is about $400-425. Can anyone confirm?

$135 x 2 = $270 + $65 = $325. Add tax at 6.5% and tip at 20% = $325 x 26.5% = $86.13 + $325 = $411.13. And that is without any of the add-ons.

But if you have a TiW card you will save $69.23 for the 20% reduction in the bill and the reduction of the tax, as that is calculated after the discount for a final price of $341.90.

Does anyone know how it works if I have an ADR for 4 and we end up only having 2. We have V&A booked as our celebratory dinner after the Princess Half Marathon. Right now, it's going to be me, my BFF, her mom, and her sister. Only now it looks like it might only be 2 of us. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter