The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by *NikkiBell*, Jul 16, 2009.

1. KingK12

KingK12 <font color=red>No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get s

So true, every time I eat there I end up getting full off the bread and taking my meal to go. LOL :yay:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AJ12345

AJ12345 Mouseketeer

I just got the Queen Victoria Room for our trip in November. I had booked the main dining room but starting reading about QVR and decided to try for the same night and got it! AHHH! I'm so excited.

I do have a few questions though. I want to take pictures of each course. Would this be frowned upon or look ridiculous??? I wouldn't use flash or anything. Also, would the servers be willing to take a picture of us? I know it's a dumb thing to worry about but I don't want to look like I've never been out to dinner. hahaha

Also, we can split the wine pairing correct in the QVR? We normally do not drink at all so I'm afraid a wine pairing for each of us would be too much?

OH MY GOD! I'm so excited. (like I've never been out to dinner before excited. ;))

4. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

No (even with flash), yes, and yes.

5. ZellyB

ZellyB DIS Veteran

So, does that mean that if my husband is in a nice sport jacket with dress slacks, shirt and tie that he'd look underdressed? I told him I didn't think he'd need a suit. And, now I'm worried about what I was planning to wear. It's not what I'd call a cocktail dress. I was just planning on a very nice dress with heels.

6. StanH

StanH Are my ears growing yet?

Your husband will be fine.

7. LovinmyDisneylife

LovinmyDisneylife Mouseketeer

Your husband will definitely be alright. We've dined in the main dining room twice and DH has worn slacks and a sport coat both times.

8. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

Yep. Your husband will totally fine. Mine usually goes for the suit with pocket square and all but no tie. Who knows what men think?! You will totally enjoy it. If its a night of Mk or especially EK EMH, go over there dressed up and just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. Its a great evening!

9. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

The two things men think about most? One is eating. You can figure out the second. Us advanced thinkers like to include thinking about our children, sports, and Disney.

10. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

Mine would add video games I think and the latest tech gadgets. I SWEAR he dreams of when the newest iphone will be released. On the plus side, I have some sweet gadgets:)

11. SouthJersey

SouthJersey Yeah Buddy

Thank God my girlfriend doesn't have an account here. Her list for me would be like Food..Gym..Money..Xbox..XXX lol

12. JenKatt

JenKatt Geek in training

DH is run the gamut with what he has worn to V&A. Everything from slacks and a jacket to a tux, and just about everything in between (he's waiting for the opportunity to wear a kilt- why? because). He's never felt or looked out of place.
    I've worn nice dresses to full gowns and a whole lot in between, and again, never felt out of place. (Nor have I ever felt stuffy or whatnot, just incredibly serene - that might have to do with the wine however)

13. topmonkeygirl

topmonkeygirl DIS Veteran

I'm seriously thinking of going on our next trip (the one that's a year from now), and someone said a page or so back that they've seen a couple of women in pant suits. I'm a jeans kind of girl, I've bought 1 dress in 20 years (that was only for my sisters wedding), don't own any pant suits but plan on buying one for the trip, and I'm kind of afraid of feeling out of place if I do go with the pant suit. Will I look out of place? Has anyone done this and did you wish you would have worn a dress? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

14. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

This made me laugh out loud :laughing: We have a reservation on Nov 1 and I feel the same way!

15. BC1836

BC1836 DIS Veteran

No problem on the pants suit option. My wife has worn a nice pants suit to V&A five times, and she plans to wear one again on a visit later in the year.

All the best. :thumbsup2

16. topmonkeygirl

topmonkeygirl DIS Veteran

Thank you I feel better now. Have a great time.

17. Shannon12

Shannon12 Mouseketeer

Just a quick question....How long before your reservation do they call you? Actually do they call you?
    Thanks!

18. BC1836

BC1836 DIS Veteran

On our first few visits, we were called several weeks ahead. Prior to a later visit we called them when we didn't hear from V&A within a week of our departure from home.

Enjoy your dining experience.

All the best. :thumbsup2

19. jasperess

jasperess Mouseketeer

Just heard it mentioned on another thread that prices went up and there might be a choice of a few tasting menus now? $135 for the cheaper, $210 for the more expensive or something like that with debate over whether the wine pairings have gone up to $65 or (eek) $105.

Does anyone have more specific information??

20. DrGaellon

DrGaellon Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Sounds like the prices for the main dining room vs Chef's Table/Queen Victoria Room. Yup, just checked the website. Main room is $135 for dinner and $65 for wine, the CT/QVR is $210 for dinner and $105 for wine.

21. jasperess

jasperess Mouseketeer

Ah yeah, that would make sense. Sounds like people however were getting a choice between the two menus (one on each side of the page)... maybe they were mistaken? Or maybe V&A's now offers both QVR and normal in the dining room...

Thanks!