The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We eat here at least once a year and my biggest complaint is that bread. It should not be so good. It should not tempt diners to fill up on it instead of the food. Victoria and/or Albert should not bring a new piece as soon as you pick up the last of your current piece. That bread is evil.

So true, every time I eat there I end up getting full off the bread and taking my meal to go. LOL :yay:

I just got the Queen Victoria Room for our trip in November. I had booked the main dining room but starting reading about QVR and decided to try for the same night and got it! AHHH! I'm so excited.

I do have a few questions though. I want to take pictures of each course. Would this be frowned upon or look ridiculous??? I wouldn't use flash or anything. Also, would the servers be willing to take a picture of us? I know it's a dumb thing to worry about but I don't want to look like I've never been out to dinner. hahaha

Also, we can split the wine pairing correct in the QVR? We normally do not drink at all so I'm afraid a wine pairing for each of us would be too much?

OH MY GOD! I'm so excited. (like I've never been out to dinner before excited. ;))

Having dined at Victoria & Albert's several times I would have say it is definitely more than business casual. A jacket is required, but typically you do see most male patrons in suits and I have seen the odd tuxedo as well. I have not seen anyone in a sports jacket/casual blazer. Typically we have also seen women in dresses ranging from cocktail to full length with a few in a very dressy pant suit.

So, does that mean that if my husband is in a nice sport jacket with dress slacks, shirt and tie that he'd look underdressed? I told him I didn't think he'd need a suit. And, now I'm worried about what I was planning to wear. It's not what I'd call a cocktail dress. I was just planning on a very nice dress with heels.

So, does that mean that if my husband is in a nice sport jacket with dress slacks, shirt and tie that he'd look underdressed? I told him I didn't think he'd need a suit. And, now I'm worried about what I was planning to wear. It's not what I'd call a cocktail dress. I was just planning on a very nice dress with heels.

Your husband will be fine.

Your husband will definitely be alright. We've dined in the main dining room twice and DH has worn slacks and a sport coat both times.

Yep. Your husband will totally fine. Mine usually goes for the suit with pocket square and all but no tie. Who knows what men think?! You will totally enjoy it. If its a night of Mk or especially EK EMH, go over there dressed up and just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. Its a great evening!

Yep. Your husband will totally fine. Mine usually goes for the suit with pocket square and all but no tie. Who knows what men think?! You will totally enjoy it. If its a night of Mk or especially EK EMH, go over there dressed up and just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. Its a great evening!

The two things men think about most? One is eating. You can figure out the second. Us advanced thinkers like to include thinking about our children, sports, and Disney.

The two things men think about most? One is eating. You can figure out the second. Us advanced thinkers like to include thinking about our children, sports, and Disney.

Mine would add video games I think and the latest tech gadgets. I SWEAR he dreams of when the newest iphone will be released. On the plus side, I have some sweet gadgets:)

Mine would add video games I think and the latest tech gadgets. I SWEAR he dreams of when the newest iphone will be released. On the plus side, I have some sweet gadgets:)

Thank God my girlfriend doesn't have an account here. Her list for me would be like Food..Gym..Money..Xbox..XXX lol

DH is run the gamut with what he has worn to V&A. Everything from slacks and a jacket to a tux, and just about everything in between (he's waiting for the opportunity to wear a kilt- why? because). He's never felt or looked out of place.
I've worn nice dresses to full gowns and a whole lot in between, and again, never felt out of place. (Nor have I ever felt stuffy or whatnot, just incredibly serene - that might have to do with the wine however)

I'm seriously thinking of going on our next trip (the one that's a year from now), and someone said a page or so back that they've seen a couple of women in pant suits. I'm a jeans kind of girl, I've bought 1 dress in 20 years (that was only for my sisters wedding), don't own any pant suits but plan on buying one for the trip, and I'm kind of afraid of feeling out of place if I do go with the pant suit. Will I look out of place? Has anyone done this and did you wish you would have worn a dress? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I'm seriously thinking of going on our next trip (the one that's a year from now), and someone said a page or so back that they've seen a couple of women in pant suits. I'm a jeans kind of girl, I've bought 1 dress in 20 years (that was only for my sisters wedding), don't own any pant suits but plan on buying one for the trip, and I'm kind of afraid of feeling out of place if I do go with the pant suit. Will I look out of place? Has anyone done this and did you wish you would have worn a dress? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

No problem on the pants suit option. My wife has worn a nice pants suit to V&A five times, and she plans to wear one again on a visit later in the year.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Just a quick question....How long before your reservation do they call you? Actually do they call you?
Thanks!

Just a quick question....How long before your reservation do they call you? Actually do they call you?
Thanks!

On our first few visits, we were called several weeks ahead. Prior to a later visit we called them when we didn't hear from V&A within a week of our departure from home.

Enjoy your dining experience.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Just heard it mentioned on another thread that prices went up and there might be a choice of a few tasting menus now? $135 for the cheaper, $210 for the more expensive or something like that with debate over whether the wine pairings have gone up to $65 or (eek) $105.

Does anyone have more specific information??

$135 for the cheaper, $210 for the more expensive or something like that with debate over whether the wine pairings have gone up to $65 or (eek) $105.

Sounds like the prices for the main dining room vs Chef's Table/Queen Victoria Room. Yup, just checked the website. Main room is $135 for dinner and $65 for wine, the CT/QVR is $210 for dinner and $105 for wine.

Sounds like the prices for the main dining room vs Chef's Table/Queen Victoria Room. Yup, just checked the website. Main room is $135 for dinner and $65 for wine, the CT/QVR is $210 for dinner and $105 for wine.

Ah yeah, that would make sense. Sounds like people however were getting a choice between the two menus (one on each side of the page)... maybe they were mistaken? Or maybe V&A's now offers both QVR and normal in the dining room...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter