The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by *NikkiBell*, Jul 16, 2009.

1. DrGaellon

DrGaellon Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Two dinners, one wine flight, one Kobe upgrade, tax and a generous tip (they comped us two glasses of Champagne and a glass of wine for our anniversary) came to $475.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

Excited. Just made ADR here for our next trip- celebrating our 5th anniversary.

Now....to dress shop!

4. sabcook

sabcook Mouseketeer

I can't wait - we leave for our trip in a few weeks and are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary there. I am trying to talk DH into the wine flights as we've eaten there twice now without them.:)

5. t_daniels

Good luck! My DH won't, he doesnt really drink. I may though.

6. SonomaCountyDad

SonomaCountyDad Earning My Ears

We cannot wait until tomorrow. DW and I have the Chef's Table. We will try and check in early so we have plenty of time to get ready and head over.

7. ready2vacation

ready2vacation Mouseketeer

Hope you'll post a review! We are eating in the QV room in February and I can't wait!!!

8. meredith1

meredith1 DIS Veteran

That's the problem with WDW, in general, after you've been on a board such as this. You build your expectations up and nothing will ever live up to those expectations that you've engraved in your mind.

9. Patrickprincess

Patrickprincess HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

is Victoira and Albert's like Remy on the Fantasy cruise ship? I got to eat at Remy in september oh my that was one wonderful meal::yes::::yes::

10. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

Yes, it is similar. In fact, the Chef from V&A is responsible for half the menu for Remy. Both are incredible experiences!

Jill in CO

11. NejTheLion

NejTheLion Jellyfish Jen

And for a different perspective, we have also dined at multiple 3 Michelin star restaurants in Europe, and after many visits, I still keep V&A up in that top tier of restaurants. They've had plenty of opportunities for a misstep or two, but it's never happened. In ten years of visiting there at least once a year.

So, I personally don't think expectations from this board could ever get in the way of a V&A experience. My expectations of the restaurant are honestly higher than those I see on this board :cloud9:

12. Patrickprincess

Patrickprincess HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

I loved my dinner at Remy and i ate in the private dinning room. I think i've been spoiled for every day dinning

13. WsPrincess

WsPrincess DIS Veteran

We have officially made our ADR for V&A to celebrate during Princess Marathon weekend. I am so excited to finally do this.

14. Cousin Orville

Cousin Orville Inventor of Air Cooling

Does anyone have any guesses as to why V&A does not have a Michelin star yet? It does have a AAA 5 Diamond which is less common than 1 star restaurants.

15. KingSpeedy

KingSpeedy Earning My Ears

I can't speak to its review history. but the Michelin star system is said to be extremely political and discriminatory. The US has always lagged behind in Michelin star restuarants compared to European and Asian countries.

16. BGK

BGK Mouseketeer

In the U.S., Michelin Guides are city-specific, and there are just three: New York, San Francisco, and Chicago. It would be a serious stretch to find other star-worthy places in Orlando, or at least enough to make a Guide. One for all of Florida, perhaps, but it would still be pretty slim.

Beyond that, it's pretty much a black box as to the criteria, and it infuriates more restauranteurs than it pleases.

17. jasperess

jasperess Mouseketeer

Las Vegas as well (although the stars weren't reviewed this past year), but yeah, that's what I thought too. I just don't think they have gotten there yet unlike AAA.

18. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

I was worried about this before our visit in January but V&A well exceeded my expectations and blew my husband away. Well, I wasn't really worried until just a few days before when my husband said he was sure the restaurant was all hype!

19. t_daniels

Curious, for a V&A newbie, my husbands attire is pretty straightforward...but I'm having a hard time defining evening. In theory, its easy. Practice, not so much. There's not a thread somewhere hiding on it, is there?

20. KingSpeedy

KingSpeedy Earning My Ears

As long as he's wearing slacks and a jacket, be it a tuxedo, suit, or separates like khakis and a blazer, there won't be a problem. Ties are optional.

21. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

He should wear slacks and a jacket. The jacket is mandatory, ties are optional.

Chef's Table in just over a week!!