The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant....

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by mrsklamc, Dec 3, 2012.

1. mdsoccermom

mdsoccermom DIS Veteran

And considering that she was known as Senator Clinton and is now known as Secretary Clinton, it's safe to say that her name is...Clinton.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LBIJim

LBIJim Satisfied With Four

Either that or maybe try the MacBeth thing before the baby is born.

Yep, I find the worldwide fascination with British royalty silly. But it's also fun. Kind of like following the antics of Lindsay Lohan or the Kardashians.

So, it was just announced TODAY that Kate is pregnant??? Were there rumors of it before? I saw one of those gossip rags at the supermarket today. The one that continually picks on Camilla. (The Globe?) I could have sworn that it had something about Camilla being furious about Kate's baby and going into an alcoholic rage.

Jim

4. IloveDMB

IloveDMB DIS Veteran

Actually I believe she didn't add Clinton to her name, she went by Hillary Clinton when he was governor, and then went by Hillary Rodham Clinton when he became president.

But what do I know, I don't live in the City.

5. Mickey'snewestfan

Mickey'snewestfan DIS Veteran

What change? Even if there isn't a change, the daughter of the king precedes the brother of the king.

If it's a girl, and the rule isn't changed, she could be bumped by a little brother, but not by an uncle.

6. cornflake

cornflake DIS Veteran

She went by her very own name until she added his on to the end.

7. IloveDMB

IloveDMB DIS Veteran

I'm sure I could find a 100 citations to prove this is wrong but you wouldn't believe it anyway.

Like I said what do "we" know, "we" know people who actually own a car in the City.

8. Lintasare

Lintasare Holy Carp!

Exactly.

Currently I believe England practices what is known as Male Preference Primogeniture, meaning the oldest male child inherits even if he has older sisters. What they are going to is Equal Primogeniture meaning simply the oldest child regardless of gender inherits.

9. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 DIS Veteran

Prince Harry going down one in the line to the throne doesn't need parliament or the commonwealth approval it happens as soon as the babyis born. Its what happened to Andrew after all. Queen Elizabeth took precedent over the Duke of Gloucester the Duke of Kent after all. Lastly if Prince William dies before he becomes king his child will become King not Harry. George III was the grandson of George II not son his father the Prince of Wales died before his father did.

10. S. C.

S. C. The mitten state

:coffee: Lots of different topics in this thread. I thought this was about expecting a baby. :confused:

11. nmmom95

nmmom95 <font color=teal>I'm a pregnant lesbian in an inte

As explained by the official British royal website, the Queen's descendants carry the royal surname Windsor, as well as the name Mountbatten to reflect her husband Prince Philip's surname.

The royal website explains further that the surnames are not always used, only when they are formally needed, such as the case of marriage.

12. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I also remember hearing that she did go by Hillary Rodham when he was first governor of Arkansas. There was some criticism about it in the state, so she added Clinton (while he was still Governor).

13. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

I know, I was responding to the one poster on this thread who has been trying to tell everyone that the change has been made already.

14. mdsoccermom

mdsoccermom DIS Veteran

He was elected in 1978. She added Clinton in 1982. Ever since then she has been known as Hillary Rodham Clinton, and referred to as Mrs. Clinton (as First Lady), Senator Clinton and Secretary Clinton. Since she added the name, she has never been known as Hillary Rodham nor has she referred to herself as such, contrary to what Cornflake wants to cling to.

15. declansdad

What I find funny is the huge fascination in the US. At least up here we still have a connection to the Monarchy but you guys kicked them out quite awhile ago.

16. declansdad

She must be talking about before they were married. :rotfl::rotfl:But then again I am in a city but not the City.

17. afnaechiquita

afnaechiquita DIS Veteran

wikipedia, most reliable source on the internet (stop snickering), states:

^ As a titled royal, Catherine holds no surname, but when one is used, it is Mountbatten-Windsor. Many media outlets, however, refer to her by her maiden name, Kate Middleton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine,_Duchess_of_Cambridge#cite_note-1

Full name on the top is "Catherine Elizabeth"

18. jen0610

jen0610 DIS Veteran

No kidding. Talk about off topic.

19. 4nana

4nana God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of th

So happy for them :thumbsup2. Having suffered from H.G. myself and losing 15lbs with our firstborn, I truly feel her pain and wish her the best. Godspeed mommy and baby. :flower3:

20. MrsDuck

MrsDuck DIS Veteran

So excited for the new prince or princess!

21. disney1990

disney1990 <font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a