The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant....

mrsklamc

<font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what
Not Kate Middleton. For as obsessed as the media is with the royals, you'd think they could get her name right.

What happy news. And yes, I wish the media would quit calling her Kate Middleton too!

TC :cool1:

So I had to look it up to make sure that Kate Middleton is The Duchess of Cambridge.

Princess Diana was always called "Princess Diana" in the press. You never really saw her called "The Princess of Wales", or even "Diana, Princess of Wales", at least in the United States.

Although I guess calling her "Duchess Catherine" would be the equivalent of "Princess Diana".

I just read that. Congrats to both of them. Their families must be so excited and happy for them. :)

So I had to look it up to make sure that Kate Middleton is The Duchess of Cambridge.

Princess Diana was always called "Princess Diana" in the press. You never really saw her called "The Princess of Wales", or even "Diana, Princess of Wales", at least in the United States.

Although I guess calling her "Duchess Catherine" would be the equivalent of "Princess Diana".
At least, in this case, The Duchess of Cambridge was called Kate Middleton at some point in her life. Diana never was (and never would have been) Princess Diana.

Happy for the couple. Hopefully they are just being really, really over cautious by admitting her to the hospital.

Why wasn't Diana the princess? I didn't know that.. I'd actually heard that Camilla is now technically the princess but doesn't use the title in deference to the people's love of Diana.

I just find the persistence in calling her Kate Middleton so bizarre. Even w/o her title, that's no longer her last name. I don't know of any other married woman who chose to change her name and had people persist in calling her by her maiden name.

Why wasn't Diana the princess? I didn't know that.. I'd actually heard that Camilla is now technically the princess but doesn't use the title in deference to the people's love of Diana.

I just find the persistence in calling her Kate Middleton so bizarre. Even w/o her title, that's no longer her last name. I don't know of any other married woman who chose to change her name and had people persist in calling her by her maiden name.

Diana wasn't A princess (as in being royal herself). She was "The Princess of Wales" since she married the Prince of Wales (a position she was put in by marriage).

:cutie:

I am so happy for them!!!!

I suffered from hyperemesis with both my pregnancies. Its awful. I lost 25 pounds with each pregnancy.

I hope she feels better soon, she cannot afford any weight loss.

Sarah Ferguson was usually called Sarah Ferguson instead of the Dutchess of York. They really don't have a last name. William goes by William Wales in the military.

Diana wasn't A princess (as in being royal herself). She was "The Princess of Wales" since she married the Prince of Wales (a position she was put in by marriage).

:cutie:

Does that mean Cinderalla wasn't a princess, either?
:upsidedow

ETA, on the baby. They know what causes that now. Congrats.

Sarah Ferguson was usually called Sarah Ferguson instead of the Dutchess of York. They really don't have a last name. William goes by William Wales in the military.

I heard their last name was Mountbatten-Windsor.

To be Princess Diana (or whoever) one has to be born a Royal. If you "marry in", you are Diana (or whoever), Princess of Wales (or wherever).

Have the changed the rules of succession, so that this baby will be 3rd in line regardless of the gender? I know that there was talk of doing so, but not sure if it happened.

I think that she is called Duchess in the British media much more often (or just Will and Kate, and I've seen just Kate before). The American media probably uses her maiden name to make the headline more recognizable because most Americans have a casual knowledge of the Royals and knew her by that name first. I rarely ever see her full formal name/title used especially in America.

It's like how they still call some celebs by their maiden name, so they'll be recognized. Or some celebs still work under their maiden name.

I think that she is called Duchess in the British media much more often (or just Will and Kate, and I've seen just Kate before). The American media probably uses her maiden name to make the headline more recognizable because most Americans have a casual knowledge of the Royals and knew her by that name first. I rarely ever see her full formal name/title used especially in America.

It's like how they still call some celebs by their maiden name, so they'll be recognized. Or some celebs still work under their maiden name.

Yes, but they've chosen to do so. I think it's downright rude to call someone by their maiden name when they have in fact changed their name.

If the press would stop using the incorrect name, Americans would quickly learn the correct one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter