The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant....

That's her title, not her name.

Yes, secession was dumb, I'm quite tired. If you think I claim to know it all, might want to brush up on where I ever claimed that.

As I said back then, Hillary Rodham added Clinton's name to hers because the voters in Arkansas are what they are. She never used it before that, she didn't use it after that except in those terms. I have respect for her, she has respect for herself, I'll use her own name. Call her whatever you want.

I could so take the "call her whatever you want" in the wrong direction but I won't.

I truly feel bad for her at this point....they were probably going to wait a little longer before announcing the pregnancy...but having to go into the hospital...they had to let it leak to the media and the world...
She reminds me a great deal of the smile that Princess Diana always had...like Williams too...they are a cute couple..
Hope the best for the baby and her pregnancy...

What I find funny is the huge fascination in the US. At least up here we still have a connection to the Monarchy but you guys kicked them out quite awhile ago.

Yup I don't understand why the U.S. gets so excited about the British Commonwealth's royal family.

We have to look at their pictures on our money so it matters to us who is on the throne. ;)

so if I casually said that actually there is no Prince Harry in line to the throne at all ..... would some people's heads explode?!

I know, I was responding to the one poster on this thread who has been trying to tell everyone that the change has been made already.

The one poster... who quoted a source. Everyone else seems to just be saying I'm wrong just because. I'll stick with the source.

Same source that knows that Clinton and Rodham married in 1975 and, as many posters noted, she didn't use his name until she was politically forced to stick it on the end of hers. But please, go on ignoring the facts and on with the personal slagging; it's fun to revisit third grade.

The one poster... who quoted a source. Everyone else seems to just be saying I'm wrong just because. I'll stick with the source.

Same source that knows that Clinton and Rodham married in 1975 and, as many posters noted, she didn't use his name until she was politically forced to stick it on the end of hers. But please, go on ignoring the facts and on with the personal slagging; it's fun to revisit third grade.

Meh.

I dunno what that means. (J/K)

And just for the record....no one forced Hillary to add Clinton to her name...it was thought that Bill lost the first election for governor because she went by Hillary Rodham so she decided to add Clinton to her name. She does not go by Hillary Rodham now...she is known as Hillary Clinton and when she signs documents she uses Hillary Rodham Clinton. And I'm old...not in 3rd grade by any stretch, but I also do not claim to know everything.....of course I also live in the State...but not THE City.

I quoted a *recent* source saying you were wrong. But somehow, that isn't good enough for you. :rotfl:

I dunno what that means. (J/K)

And just for the record....no one forced Hillary to add Clinton to her name...it was thought that Bill lost the first election for governor because she went by Hillary Rodham so she decided to add Clinton to her name. She does not go by Hillary Rodham now...she is known as Hillary Clinton and when she signs documents she uses Hillary Rodham Clinton. And I'm old...not in 3rd grade by any stretch, but I also do not claim to know everything.....of course I also live in the State...but not THE City.

The thing is, even is she had been forced to change her name, the point is that she DID change it. She changed how she refers to herself and how she signs her name. Only makes sense (to most of us) to change how we refer to her.

Actually I believe she didn't add Clinton to her name, she went by Hillary Clinton when he was governor, and then went by Hillary Rodham Clinton when he became president.

But what do I know, I don't live in the City.
You now owe me a new keyboard as mine is currently covered in Diet Dr Pepper.:rotfl2:

Personally, I am thrilled for this lovely couple. They truly seem in love and happy, but have had so much pressure from the media to get pregnant. Maybe people will leave them alone. Of course, if she has a girl, no doubt, the media will be all over here about having to have a boy (whether the succession/secession debate ever gets settled or not). Wouldn't it be lovely if they named this child, provided she is a girl, after his mother? She was so loved by the world that I really think everyone would embrace that. Of course, considering his name is William Arthur Philip Louis, I'm betting this child will have a hand full of names, as well, and one could very likely be Diana.

Oh, and I could be completely off about this, but I bet Harry is just as thrilled as William and Kate. Now, he's dropped to lower on the succession list. He now has an even better chance of getting to enjoy the perks of being a royal without the full responsibility of ever being king. Sounds good to me and, from what I have read about Harry, sounds right up his alley.;)

I quoted a *recent* source saying you were wrong. But somehow, that isn't good enough for you. :rotfl:

No, it didn't.

Who claims to know everything, exactly? Just, you know, for the record?

No, it didn't.

Who claims to know everything, exactly? Just, you know, for the record?

Honestly, I could continue to prove you wrong, but I get enough of banging my head against a brick wall with my teenager to argue with a person that thinks they know it all on the internet.

You now owe me a new keyboard as mine is currently covered in Diet Dr Pepper.:rotfl2:

Personally, I am thrilled for this lovely couple. They truly seem in love and happy, but have had so much pressure from the media to get pregnant. Maybe people will leave them alone. Of course, if she has a girl, no doubt, the media will be all over here about having to have a boy (whether the succession/secession debate ever gets settled or not). Wouldn't it be lovely if they named this child, provided she is a girl, after his mother? She was so loved by the world that I really think everyone would embrace that. Of course, considering his name is William Arthur Philip Louis, I'm betting this child will have a hand full of names, as well, and one could very likely be Diana.

Oh, and I could be completely off about this, but I bet Harry is just as thrilled as William and Kate. Now, he's dropped to lower on the succession list. He now has an even better chance of getting to enjoy the perks of being a royal without the full responsibility of ever being king. Sounds good to me and, from what I have read about Harry, sounds right up his alley.;)

The succession question has been answered. Girl or boy, William's first child will inherit the crown.

The succession question has been answered. Girl or boy, William's first child will inherit the crown.

That comment was said in jest after the discussion about whether it is "succession" or "secession". I do think that the media will push for them to have a boy if they have a girl, though. And if they do have a boy, I'm sure that they will be pressured to have another child, anyway. Need the heir and the spare, dontcha know.

I don't know that she took his name, as I've not heard her referred to with any last name but Middleton.

Personally, I know her name is actually Middleton, so that's what I'd go with were I not somehow addressing her by title, heh. Regardless, I don't recall any official announcement that she was renouncing her own last name so...

Only the press call her Kate Middleton - which rubs off on the public. She calls herself and signs her name as Catherine, and took the surname Mountbatten-Winsor as other have said.

By all accounts she doesn't care if people call her Kate or Catherine - but Middleton was her maiden name and she hasn't used it since her marriage ..... so why do others? - I don't get that.

Only the press call her Kate Middleton - which rubs off on the public. She calls herself and signs her name as Catherine, and took the surname Mountbatten-Winsor as other have said.

By all accounts she doesn't care if people call her Kate or Catherine - but Middleton was her maiden name and she hasn't used it since her marriage ..... so why do others? - I don't get that.

I dunno, because it's her name and the title is a mouthful? A number of people have said she changed her name, but haven't provided any evidence of an announcement to that effect. Hence, I have no idea if she changed her name. Considering the whole 'waity Kaity' thing, I wouldn't be surprised; but still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter