The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel: "Well, I'm getting my breakfast," Daniel said. He got a plate and a bagel. He was never allowed sugary cereals as he was growing up, and healthy ones were gross. Besides that, he spent his longest time in Paris, France, and developed a love of pastries there. You can't get pastries like you can in France. He walked over to Max, who was standing in the corner where the toaster and the knives were. "Can I borrow that knife you were using earlier?"

Max: Max watches Daniel approach her silently. She turns around and grabs the knife, hesistan to hand it over. But she does, and leans back against the counter.

Daniel: Daniel takes the knife and cuts his bagel, studying Max out of the corner of his eyes. She looks cool and cold, as if she's trying to build a wall between herself and the world. (Which, she is, but Daniel doesn't know this) He notices her hair sort of surrounds her face, reminding him of Scar from The Lion King. Daniel wonders if she's hiding something, or if she's protecting something, or just trying to purposely be distant. She hasn't spoken to anyone that he knows of since they got registered. But why? He finishes cutting and sets the knife aside.

Max: Max feels Daniel observing her, it's instinctive knowledge, but upon further investigation, it's true. Max learned to trust her instincts above all else, and at this moment it's paid off. Max doesn't lnow what to do about it yet.

She's saved by her bagel popping, perfectly toasted. She butters it and escapes into the dining room, where she sits at one end of an unoccupied table.

Daniel: Daniel puts his bagel in the toaster, feeling bemused. What just happened? he wonders.

Britt:: Britt loved the fact that Nate was loud and outgoing. She told him that his somersault was pretty darn good.

OOC: I have to go now, too. I won't be on again until tomorrow afternoon. Hate to miss the first day of class, but it can't be helped. Just pretend Nate and Margo are there the whole time, too, being their normal selves.

Nate: "Thank you, thank you very much." Nate said, doing his best Elvis impersonation. He took a bow and sat down to eat, laughing at his own gymnastics fail.

Alex: Alex walked into the dining room and sits down angry at Jack, ignoring him. What is his problem? Can't he just.....I don't know! Ugh, I'm getting too angry again. Alex took a deep breath trying to calm down.

OOC: I have to go now, too. I won't be on again until tomorrow afternoon. Hate to miss the first day of class, but it can't be helped. Just pretend Nate and Margo are there the whole time, too, being their normal selves.

Nate: "Thank you, thank you very much." Nate said, doing his best Elvis impersonation. He took a bow and sat down to eat.

OOC: It's okay. I will.

Daniel: Daniel jumps at the sound of the toaster popping and pulls out his bagel. He then slathers them in cream cheese and walks out ino the dining room. He glances at Max all by herself, but decides against it and sits across from Alex.

Daniel: Daniel jumps at the sound of the toaster popping and pulls out his bagel. He then slathers them in cream cheese and walks out ino the dining room. He glances at Max all by herself, but decides against it and sits across from Alex.

Alex: Alex smiled at him and finished her apple,humming a song to herself thinking about the day.

Alex: Alex smiled at him and finished her apple,humming a song to herself thinking about the day.

Daniel: Daniel takes a bite of his bagel, mmmm-ing appreciatively. He wonders how the day will go, what classes they will take, and what gym class will be like.

Max: Max polishes off her bagel, leaving an empty plate. She takes it into the kitchen, and, unsure what to do with it, just slides into the dishwasher. The then goes out the kitchen door and heads to the classroom. It's early for class and no one else will be there, not even Jack, who she noticed also likes being alone. He desn't seem to like it here, therefore Max concludes he wouldn't seek solitude in a classroom.

Britt: Britt was so excited to get to her first class she barely said a word to Nate and just gobbled her cereal down as quick as possible.

OOC: I'm back, for now :-)

Amelia: Amelia finishes her apple, and is now not sure what to do. She could sit here, listening to her classmates talk, but she also saw another girl, the one she had wondered about before, go off in the direction of the classroom. She wasn't sure if she should follow her. Against her instincts, she decides to follow her. She stays a ways back, though, following silently, hoping the girl, (was Max her name? Amelia thought so, but wasn't sure) wouldn't notice.

OOC: I'm back, for now :-)

Amelia: Amelia finishes her apple, and is now not sure what to do. She could sit here, listening to her classmates talk, but she also saw another girl, the one she had wondered about before, go off in the direction of the classroom. She wasn't sure if she should follow her. Against her instincts, she decides to follow her. She stays a ways back, though, following silently, hoping the girl, (was Max her name? Amelia thought so, but wasn't sure) wouldn't notice.

Daniel: Daniel keeps eating his bagel happily.

Max: Max walks on to the classroom, not knowing anyone is behind her. She goes inside and turns on the light. She wonders if there will be assigned seats or if they will be able to pick their own. She knows there will be in the lab, because they have lab partners. But she isn't sure about the classroom. She hopes not, she likes to cause trouble from the back.

OOC: I'll have classes start soon.

OOC: Okay. I have to go again, though, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to come back on tonight. If not, I'll be back on tomorrow morning.

Amelia: Amelia follows Max to the classroom and walks in after her. Not sure what to say, she just kind of stands awkwardly near the door. She's not sure where she's supposed to sit, and she's totally rethinking following this girl now that she's here.

Britt:Finishes her breakfast and heads off to her first class. She gets to the classroom so fast because her power kicks in half way to the classroom.

OOC: I'll start class now.

Lexi is quickly becoming Daniel's best friend, lol

Professor Collins: Making her way down the stairs, Professor Collins sends them another telepathic message, saying I'm on my way to the classroom. Please start finshishing up and making your way to the classroom. We'll be starting once I get there. Get yourself a history book, today we'll be starting with U.S. History.

Daniel: Daniel finishes his bagel and puts his plate in the dishwasher. He gets up and smiles at Lexi. "Guess it's time for class. Wanna walk with me?"

Max: Max heard the message and snagged a back row seat, the one on the left corner. Then she realized she needed the book and got one, sitrting back in that seat. There was plenty of ways to disrupt class, and Max began forming ideas in her head.

Professor Collins: Making her way down the stairs, Professor Collins sends them another telepathic message, saying I'm on my way to the classroom. Please start finshishing up and making your way to the classroom. We'll be starting once I get there. Get yourself a history book, today we'll be starting with U.S. History.

Britt: Britt who is already in the classroom looks around for a U.S. History book. She proceeds to find the books and goes back to the desk she was sitting on.

Max: Max watched students trickle into the room from her desk in the back. Most she recognized, but none she called out a greeting to. She liked being invisible to the others, or at least that's what she reminded herself she had to like, because if people liked her now, they wouldn't once they saw what she really was: a trouble maker. Imperfect. Broken. She didn't dispute the troble maker, but imperfect and broken were what her father implied she was, and the trouble making was to say no to the labels. So, it was neccessary. But that wouldn't change people's opinions of her.

OOC: Everyone has mysteriously disappeared. Oh well. The game must go on.

All of the students are in the classroom now.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins walked into the room as all of the students were getting books and sitting down in their respective seats. She walked over to her desk and leaned against it, facing the students. "In the classroom, you may sit wherever you wish. However, if I catch you talking too much, I will assign everyone seats. Clear? Good. Now, turn to page 394." Professor Collins pulled dow the projector screen and turned on the projector. She put a powerpoint on the screen, saying, "Please take notes. Come get a journal if you don't have yours. Pens and pencils are in a container next to the journals."

Daniel: Daniel was one of the people who didn't bring their journals. He hadn't known he would need one. He did have a pencil though. As he got up and got one, he heard, You should have been prepared. It took him a minute to realize that was himself, not Professor Collins. Of course, he didn't know if he came to the thought himself or if Professor Collins had suggested it. He got a journal and sat down.

Max: Max pulled out something that looked like a journal from far away from her messenger bag, but it wasn't a journal. It was a sketchbook, with several pages already filled with drawings and comics. But there was still a good bit left, and Max was going to use some of those sheets during class. Max was smrt and a multitasker, she'd listen and remember what was said. It wasn't like she hadn't had U.S. History several times before over the years.

Britt: Britt pulled out her journal and a pen and eagerly awaited the first lesson.

Amelia: Amelia didn't have a notebook, so she grabbed one, and a pencil, too. She went and sat in a seat in the middle of the classroom, trying to sink as far down as she could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter