The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine this has been asked over and over again, but is there a expresso machine in the Club Level lounge?

Has anyone ever done the fishing trips (on the lagoon)... with their kids? Is it expensive? DH would love to take DS (7) on our upcoming November trip.

Can you use your CS credits to eat at Captain Cooks? Also can you easily take stuff back to your room, meaning do you get a bag or tray to carry it? We're not big on CS meals in the parks, so we thought this might be a good alternative.

Lastly, which building houses the laundry facilities at the Poly?

Can you use your CS credits to eat at Captain Cooks? Also can you easily take stuff back to your room, meaning do you get a bag or tray to carry it? We're not big on CS meals in the parks, so we thought this might be a good alternative.
Yes you can use your CS credits at Captin Cook's and yes you can take food back to your room. As for how you take it back I once saw someone trying to carry it on a tray, however she must have had a lot of items and dropped her food.

Has anyone ever done the fishing trips (on the lagoon)... with their kids? Is it expensive? DH would love to take DS (7) on our upcoming November trip.

I haven't tried this, but there was a great, detailed report about this on one of the DIS podcasts a while back. If you look through the Podcast lists, you may be able to find it -- it's worth listening to -- they really, really liked it and the report had alot of information in it. Hope this helps...:)

Lastly, which building houses the laundry facilities at the Poly?

My DH took our sons on a fishing excursion from the Polynesian once many years ago. They had so much fun they did it again a few years later with our DD. It was an option in our package but I do know it is expensive...don't know current prices though.

You can ask for a bag to take food back to your room from CC...or to the beach or pool for that matter. They do have trays too but I wouldn't want to walk all the way back to CC to return the tray.

The laundry room is located in a separate building near the bus stop. The Neverland Club is in the same building as is Tangaroa Terrace which is used for private functions.

I am so over being at work! Ready to leave! :lmao: I hope this week goes by fast!:banana: Not much longer and alot of us will be on our way!

My DH took our sons on a fishing excursion from the Polynesian once many years ago. They had so much fun they did it again a few years later with our DD. It was an option in our package but I do know it is expensive...don't know current prices though.

You can ask for a bag to take food back to your room from CC...or to the beach or pool for that matter. They do have trays too but I wouldn't want to walk all the way back to CC to return the tray.

The laundry room is located in a separate building near the bus stop. The Neverland Club is in the same building as is Tangaroa Terrace which is used for private functions.

Thank you! :thumbsup2

I found this also...

Junior Fishing Excursions
(Kids' Fishing Around the World)

The Junior Fishing Excursion is a 1 hour long excursion available for Guests ages 6-12. Pickup is available from the following resort marinas and locations:

Disney's Contemporary Resort Boat Nook on Sundays only from 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Polynesian Resort Mikala Canoe Club on Saturdays only 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts Daily at 3:00pm

Call the Resort Recreation Reservation Center at (407) WDW-BASS (407-939-2277) for reservations and information.

Ages: 6-12
Price: $30.00 per Guest
Maximum 5 guests
Guests may not bring their own food, beverage, or coolers aboard

I found this also...

Junior Fishing Excursions
(Kids' Fishing Around the World)

The Junior Fishing Excursion is a 1 hour long excursion available for Guests ages 6-12. Pickup is available from the following resort marinas and locations:

Disney's Contemporary Resort Boat Nook on Sundays only from 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Polynesian Resort Mikala Canoe Club on Saturdays only 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 - 11:00am
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts Daily at 3:00pm

Call the Resort Recreation Reservation Center at (407) WDW-BASS (407-939-2277) for reservations and information.

Ages: 6-12
Price: $30.00 per Guest
Maximum 5 guests
Guests may not bring their own food, beverage, or coolers aboard

That sounds like fun for a junior angler, doesn't it? Thanks for the info.

mmouse37, thanks for those cool pictures and for describing your hurricane adventure.:goodvibes

Have any of the Poly faithful used the new on-line check in? Do you think it makes a difference as far as getting the longhouse that has been requested? Is there a seperate line at registration for guests that have used the on-line check in? Does it speed up the process?

:confused3

This thread is moving fast - and I haven't been on-line nearly as much as usual but I wanted to say HI to everyone, Thank you Canadian Guy for getting us all set up on the new thread and to mmmears, kaffinito, luvamouse and all others leaving SOON ~ Hope all your last-minute details are coming together :grouphug:

mmmears - this is the Volcano pool end of Hawaii :banana:

DSC00872.jpg

I am so jealous of everyone who is leaving so soon for their trip. I hope everyone has a great time and will share their experience with the rest of us who have to wait.

BigSnacks

Hi there.
I used online checkin in late March but had not made any requests. I loved the service and will use it again. From what I've read, using online check-in should not effect your room requests. Make your room requests through Reservations. There is no space for custom requests during the online process. Good luck!
Yes, there is a separate check-in line. In fact, when we arrived there were 2 CMs waiting to help online check-in guests.

A little tip for this is that we would tend to get a few meals from CC during our stay and while they do give you a nice handle bag to carry your food, I brought from home the reusable bags that they have for grocery stores now and used that. It was a little easier to handle and of course is being more green :thumbsup2

kaffinito,

Does it make any difference if we bus to POFQ or POR (in time, hassle, walking, waits, etc.). I'm thinking that we may end up trying this out if we have the time, and I've always wanted to see POFQ.

Does the boat stop at POFQ or POR first? And does it run all day long?

Sorry to pelt you with questions while you're packing!:rotfl:

See you at the Poly!:)

No it really doesn't, but it's a good excuse to see POFQ! If you go to POFQ the ferry dock is at the back of the resort behind the Serpent Pool. It's a lovely little resort and you will be amazed at how small it is! If you go to POR the ferry dock is behind the main building at the Marina.

The boat picks up at POR and then goes to POFQ. So if you get the boat at POFQ you are second to get on, but first to get off. You can also stay on the boat after it drops off at POFQ and go to POR. (Can you tell it's my favorite! :laughing:) The boat docks near Captain Jacks restaurant (And Mickeys $10 and under store) at DTD.

You can get more information on the ferry at portorleans.org. :goodvibes

Your boys will be sooooo excited! How cool! My 14 YO wants to know why she must go to school for the morning...Then again, she is the one that is dying to be picked up from school early to go to WDW! You know how cool it is when you are a kid to be the one going!:thumbsup2

:cloud9: kaffinito and mmmears-- you both have me trying to figure out when we can fit in DTD via POR now...that sounds so lovely...

I am so excited! 3 more nights here too! Cold, torrential rain... thunder...ick. Makes 85 sound good! Shoot, I'd be happy with 75!!

It is a nice thing to do for a "no park" day. It's become a tradition of ours now! Along with Mom (me) trying to make it from one end of the pop-jet fountain near the bus stop without getting wet! (I missed once - I was wearing a dress and it wasn't pretty! :rotfl:)

I really hope for temps in the 80's that week - I really need some sun and warmth! :beach:

I am so over being at work! Ready to leave! :lmao: I hope this week goes by fast!:banana: Not much longer and alot of us will be on our way!

I can barely wait! It will be so nice to get there and relax. I can't believe in just a few short (but they seem long) days we'll all be there! I tried the online check in too - hope that goes well! I hope we all get our room requests and have great trips down! :goodvibes

Kaffinito, thanks for the info on getting to DTD. Hopefully we'll have the time to try that out, and check out the new T-Rex for lunch.

Have you figured out how you're going to surprise your kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter