The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little tip for this is that we would tend to get a few meals from CC during our stay and while they do give you a nice handle bag to carry your food, I brought from home the reusable bags that they have for grocery stores now and used that. It was a little easier to handle and of course is being more green :thumbsup2

That's an excellent idea. :goodvibes

WDW sells green bags too. I have a couple and love using them at home.

Selling them at CC would be a convenient too.

Kaffinito, thanks for the info on getting to DTD. Hopefully we'll have the time to try that out, and check out the new T-Rex for lunch.

Have you figured out how you're going to surprise your kids?

I'm not sure but I might just spring it on them early at the first gas station we always stop at in Florida (Live Oak) just so I can bask in their excitement while we're finishing off the drive there. :yay: I did do the online check in, just to speed things up a bit, and since we're not doing the DDP this time I put charging privileges on the KTTW cards. :scared1:

What do you think the odds are that the room will be ready? So far it has been 6 out of 7 times. I think my "luck" might just run out this trip! :laughing:

How is your cold? Are you feeling better yet? I know it stinks to fly when you're all stuffed up. :sad1:

We surprised dd with our first trip. We woke her up and said to get dressed the limo was coming to take us to the airport...We are going to DISNEY WORLD today!!! Her response

"I get to finally ride in a limo?" :lmao:

It was so much fun. She was the perfect child the whole trip because she was still so shocked even as we were on our way home!

Have a great time everyone who is going soon! :yay:

We surprised dd with our first trip. We woke her up and said to get dressed the limo was coming to take us to the airport...We are going to DISNEY WORLD today!!! Her response

It was so much fun. She was the perfect child the whole trip because she was still so shocked even as we were on our way home!

:lmao:

We did an online check in. Since we have never been I figured why not we can't be disappointed. I keep reading Tikiman's sight hoping there is nothing I haven't read. :surfweb: When we get there since my mother in law wants to drive her own car does she need a copy of our reservations to get a parking pass. We paid for the four of us and were just wondering since the ressies our in my husband's name???

We did an online check in. Since we have never been I figured why not we can't be disappointed. I keep reading Tikiman's sight hoping there is nothing I haven't read. :surfweb: When we get there since my mother in law wants to drive her own car does she need a copy of our reservations to get a parking pass. We paid for the four of us and were just wondering since the ressies our in my husband's name???

Well, she's on your ressie, right? So she should be fine. If she gives your DH's name at the gate she should be ok - they list all of the members of your party on the ressie.

You can also ask for an extra parking pass for her for the parks when you check in. I got several of them one trip because I kept losing them! :)

Yes, her name is on the ressies. We just don't want for her to see how much we paid. She is following us down from south Georgia and was hoping I didn't have to give her a copy of them. Is there anything else I need to know?? I can't think clearly. :lmao:

What do you think the odds are that the room will be ready? So far it has been 6 out of 7 times. I think my "luck" might just run out this trip! :laughing:

How is your cold? Are you feeling better yet? I know it stinks to fly when you're all stuffed up. :sad1:

Well, unless we're checking in really late at night, our rooms at WDW have never, ever been ready when we show up. So, I'm just planning on it not being ready when we show up at the Poly. I'll just put my DD's swimsuit in our day-pack and she'll get to have fun and swim while we wait for the room.:)

I'm feeling better, not really healthy, but better. DH is really sick, though, with a cold.:sad2:

I love that story! We've surprised our DD with a couple of trips, one to a ski resort and one to Disneyland -- and we didn't tell her where we were going until we got there and she saw the signs!:rotfl: It's so much fun to surprise them, but so hard to keep it a secret. :)

I know you've already gotten some responses but I wanted to add that while you definitely want to TRY these, only get one and make sure you really want everyone in your party to get one. The Dole Whip is good and all but I like it better swirled with vanilla. And the Tonga Toast is fine but it was way to sweet - and I love sweets! I was glad when we tried the Tonga Toast, that we got it at Capn Cooks and got some other stuff as well so my family shared a mickey waffle (the best), bacon & eggs, and the tonga toast. That way we got to try the tonga toast but not be committed to it! Of course, you may love it the way a LOT Of people do and want a whole one for yourself!!

Have so much fun - I'm so envious of all of you on this thread that are going in a few days!! I hope mmears is feeling better

Does the Tonga toast taste the same at Capt Cooks as it is at Kona Cafe? I'm only going to be eating breakfast once at Kona and my thought was to get the toast at Capt Cook's, and get the Macadamia Nut pancakes at Kona so I could try both...

torian - we'll be there at the same time! It will be my second stay at the Poly and that is saying something! I'm always up for trying a new resort but the Poly really can't be beat. It is so nice to be on the monorail and close to the TTC monorail to Epcot. And the afternoon swims can NOT be beat! You'll see me and my family at the pool every afternoon. And oh! The beach in the evenings - let the kids play in the sand and you can sit back and relax (anyone thinking pina colavas right now???)

Tinkerbellie, looks like I'll be arriving the day after you! We'll also be playing in the sand and hanging by the pool in the afternoon. It'll be just me and my DD4...maybe we'll see you there! My DD would love some buddies to swim with :)

Thanks for the info on the monorail! I also posted on the Transportation board and was told that the monorail doesn't start running from the TTC to Epcot until 7:30. WIll that give me enough time to make it to Norway by eight am? I'll have my DD in her stroller and will be able to walk pretty fast, but I guess there'll be no opps for photo taking in the empty park if I have to book it down to WS. Did I read that there is no bus to Epcot? Not even a character breakfast one? So I guess if that's true, my only other option would be a taxi, right?

mmmears, glad to hear you're getting better and hope your DH is on the mend soon! Just a few days for many of you...you must be so excited. I've already started to pack...only 18 more sleeps for us :) DD and I made a chain today and I can't wait to cut off a link daily (plus a great counting exercise for DD every day!) Boy is time standing still, it's less than three weeks now but it seems like forever!

For those of you interested in the monorail running time to Epcot, I posted on the Transportation board and was told that the monorail doesn't start running from the TTC to Epcot until 7:30. WIll that give me enough time to make it to Norway by eight am? I'll have my DD in her stroller and will be able to walk pretty fast, but I guess there'll be no opps for photo taking in the empty park if I have to book it down to WS. Did I read that there is no bus to Epcot? Not even a character breakfast one? So I guess if that's true, my only other option would be a taxi, right?

Wow! That's late. If it were me, I would be waiting in line for that first monorail. You still have quite a bit of walking to do once you get inside Epcot. I wish they'd run the transportation earlier...:confused3 I would think that a taxi would be less stress, but it would cost you $$$. For our early morning at TL, I was told that we would have to take a taxi from the Poly to TL to get there on time.

Yes, her name is on the ressies. We just don't want for her to see how much we paid. She is following us down from south Georgia and was hoping I didn't have to give her a copy of them. Is there anything else I need to know?? I can't think clearly. :lmao:

She doesn't have to have a copy of the ressie at all, she just has to give her name to the gate guard. :)

Then when you all check in you can ask for an extra park pass for her to use. She should get her own resort parking pass from the gate guard, since she's driving her own car.

Don't worry, you'll be fine! You already know a lot more than I did on my first trip. pixiedust:

Thanks for the info on the monorail! I also posted on the Transportation board and was told that the monorail doesn't start running from the TTC to Epcot until 7:30. WIll that give me enough time to make it to Norway by eight am? I'll have my DD in her stroller and will be able to walk pretty fast, but I guess there'll be no opps for photo taking in the empty park if I have to book it down to WS. Did I read that there is no bus to Epcot? Not even a character breakfast one? So I guess if that's true, my only other option would be a taxi, right?

mmmears, glad to hear you're getting better and hope your DH is on the mend soon! Just a few days for many of you...you must be so excited. I've already started to pack...only 18 more sleeps for us :) DD and I made a chain today and I can't wait to cut off a link daily (plus a great counting exercise for DD every day!) Boy is time standing still, it's less than three weeks now but it seems like forever!

It will be tight but I think you'll make it or close to it. There will not be many people at the bag check or turnstiles unless it's early EMH. And even if you're a few minutes late, you'll be fine. I think the restaurants understand the vagaries of WDW transportation.

mmmears, good health to you and your DH!:wizard:

It will be tight but I think you'll make it or close to it. There will not be many people at the bag check or turnstiles unless it's early EMH. And even if you're a few minutes late, you'll be fine. I think the restaurants understand the vagaries of WDW transportation.

mmmears, good health to you and your DH!:wizard:

Thanks BCV23. I guess I'd better practicing my speedwalking before I leave for WDW :) It is a little crazy that the breakfast starts at eight but they don't have the transport to get you there...I know when I stayed at the WL, they had character buses running early...maybe I could take the monorail over to the CR, take the boat to the WL, then take the character bus over from there? Maybe I'll pop over to the WL FAQ thread and see how early their buses start running, just as another option??? Although we'd probably have to wake up pretty early to do that. Nah, I guess I'll just be there at the TTC early enough to be sure to catch the first monorail out, and be ready to book it!

Just wondering....do any of you who have never stayed at the Poly ever wake up and think, "Am I really staying at the Poly?" It's like I have to pinch myself every day so that I know that my dream is finally coming true. The worst thing is, I'm a single mom traveling with my DD and I don't have an adult to share my excitement with! Thanks to all of my Poly friends who understand and share my wonderment of this whole planning process. :grouphug:

ok, don't yell at me too loud... :rolleyes2 but why is it worth paying the extra money for concierge? I know you get the "personalized check in" and the snacks and the lounge area but wasn't sure if I was missing something or not. Also, from the pics I've seen of the concierge longhouses, the 2nd floor rooms do not have balconies, just the 3rd floors. Am I correct? :confused3 just wanted to hear some opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter