Tell us 1 thing you love, and 1 thing you highly dislike about your home resort.

OKW- LOVE most everything about it, but especially the size of the villas.
HATE what they did to the decor and theme when they renovated it.

AKV- LOVE the animals most.
HATE the darkness of the bathroom.

I'm loving reading everyone's likes/dislikes, but this thread is sure making me want to be 'home'. :goodvibes Sitting out on the balcony at Kidani, with a glass of wine, winding down in the evening while watching the animals....gotta love it.

LOVE it all :love: especially the beach! :beach:

HATE that they don't have a restaurant on site or at least keep the ones they do have open for dinner. I really HATE that I can't be there more often! :lmao:

:cool1: Fun thread!

SSR: Love the peacefulness and quietness after a long day at the parks. Love the grounds. Love the food. Love the pools. Love the people (hello to all my fellow SSRers).

Hate hate hate hate hate not being there year round

BLT love renting a boat at the marina and cruising by MK, GF, and THE POLY.

hate the size of the BLT pool and and lack of resort thumbing.

I wish OKW had a quick service. I wish BWV didn't have a hotel feel. Long corridors there and AKV. I love SSR but I think housekeeping needs improvement. vero is nice but boring. And lastly I wish I could live in AKV. Now my favorite

I wish OKW had a quick service. I wish BWV didn't have a hotel feel. Long corridors there and AKV. I love SSR but I think housekeeping needs improvement. vero is nice but boring. And lastly I wish I could live in AKV. Now my favorite

Uh, OKW does have quick service. Actually, two of them, one is seasonal (snack bar at Turtle Pond, The Turtle Shack). The other is Goods to Go.

BVC love the location and SAB
Hate wireless service and having to stop and swan and dolphin on the buses

We own at SSR and will be staying there for the first time in 63 days. We bought in 2009 but haven't been back to WDW since then. We've used our points at the GCV and Cabo. I can't wait to finally stay there. We're in the THV. :woohoo:

VWL: I know this is minor - but I love the music there. It just makes me happy!

Wish they had Grand Villas is the only thing I would change.

BLT -love being able to watch wishes from my room complete with audio. Hate that there's not enough trees around the place. It's too sunny! That's what I dug about AKV this past trip...lots greenery and flora and shade especially around the pool area.

BCV - Love the location and SAB; dislike the gelato missing from the store
HHI - Love our relaxing vacations and the marsh views and dislike the ocean being so far away - can someone fix it so the resort opens on one side to the marsh and the other side to the ocean???

HHI - Love the CMs, the beach, and the beach pool. Really love the balcony and marsh views.

BCV - Love the quiet pool and SAB. Love the beauty of the area around the quiet pool. Love the walk to Epcot and boat ride to HS.

Really do not like the awful views - parking lot, service road, etc. Also, the decor needs to be refreshed and updated in the rooms. They are clean and ok with the maintenance, but really have started to look dated. I wish they would lose the bedspreads - they are the worst!

AKV-
Love: the location (I like feeling away from the parks there) the views, "my giraffes", the restaurants.
Hate: the weird walk to the pool at Kidani!

VGC-
Love: Everything. Best location in all of Disney, and truly incredible views. The architecture is stunning, and the activities for guests are good. It's my very favorite Disney hotel/DVC!
Hate: that I was foolish enough to think I didn't want my "home" resort to be so close to home, and so I only have 50 points there. It's hard to get 1 bedrooms at 7 months using my other points.

BLT - love the location, being connected to the CT, and the decor. I had to read through everything to find my "hate" because nothing came to mind. But the lack of shear blinds was pretty disappointing when we had a 1st floor room and couldn't have any natural light.

VGC - love the location to DCA, DTD, and walking to everything at DLR. Also love the decor and the small size/exclusiveness. Hate that it's way out in the west coast and takes so long to get there.

BCV - love the proximity to EP and BW. Don't much care for the decor (way different from BLT and VGC).

VWL

Love - being able to walk through to woods to fort wilderness, theming, and boat to MK

Hate - small risk of getting dumpster view, wouldn't use it that much but there are no grand villas

VGC-
Love: Everything. Best location in all of Disney, and truly incredible views. The architecture is stunning, and the activities for guests are good. It's my very favorite Disney hotel/DVC!
Hate: that I was foolish enough to think I didn't want my "home" resort to be so close to home, and so I only have 50 points there. It's hard to get 1 bedrooms at 7 months using my other points.

So glad to know I'm not the only So Cal local who felt this way! :thumbsup2

HHI - love everything ....the decor, the layout of the build,inks, walk over to shelter cove for dinner and drinks...bike paths!!!

Dislike the shuttle stops running so early in the summer....5pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter