• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell us 1 thing you love, and 1 thing you highly dislike about your home resort.

What we love about our 2 DVC Homes (BCV & VGC) is simply - LOCATION,LOCATION & LOCATION!!! We love being close to Epcot & Hollywood Studios & don't visit Magic Kingdom that often because it's too similiar to Disneyland.
We love that Disneyland & California Adventure are only 20 minutes driving distance from our REAL home and staying on property (VGC, DLH, PP & GCH) is an added bonus for us!
VGC in my opinion has THE BEST PARK VIEWS EVER!! Almost all of the rooms have a great view of the park BUT the GRAND VILLA view is SPECTACULAR!!

I love the fact that I can open my sliding glass door and see african animals on a savanna. I love the fact that my two year old begs every day to go back; not to Disney World but to Animal Kingdom lodge.

I don't appreciate the potential long walk if you are at one of the farther beads and I don't like that the only way to get to the parks using Disney's transportation is a bus.

I had to take my time to think of the things I hate - BCV - hate the decor of the rooms (needs some updating)
VGC - NOTHING to hate! Well almost, this might be a teeny common factor for all Villas but their NON STICK frying pans are terrible! That's why I'm glad to be close to home and bring my own! Such a silly thing huh? That's ALL I can think of for now! Hopefully there will be NOTHING ELSE! Loving our DVC!!

Two home resorts: SSR and BCV

SSR: Love the coat hook rack by the front door; can't think of anything I hate, or even dislike...how about "like least?"--that would be that I can't walk to a park, altho it's a stretch to say that since I can walk to DTD

BCV: Love the short walk to Epcot; dislike the bus service, especially to DTD...

Love the peacefulness, dont like that I dont have enough pts to stay there longer and more often

Love the peacefulness, dont like that I dont have enough pts to stay there longer and more often

I saw you had posted in this thread, and was curious to see what you "hated" lol:thumbsup2

We are also VWL owners, my favorite thing is the "feeling" I get there, just so comfortable. I don't really hate anything, but, I wish it was within walking distance to any of the parks. That is one of the reasons we love the Epcot area resorts.

BLT: Best thing is Lake view while sipping coffee in the morning
Worst thing is how grungy the carpeting looks even after cleaning

OKW: Best thing is golf course while sipping coffee in the morning
Worst thing is loud karaoke party in the afternoon...who wants to hear bad singing???:rotfl2:

AKV
Love: The fact that it's so far removed from everything else.
Hate: The fact that it's so far removed from everything else.

BLT
Love: The fact that it's so close to MK and Epcot.
Hate: The fact that it's so close to MK and Epcot.

:rotfl2:

BLT
Love the location.
Hate that it's so point expensive and not enough standard rooms.

BCV
Love the location and the vibe there
Hate that it's always full and I can't get a room.

AKV -

Love: the serenity of the savanna after a few hours at the parks. Also we love Sanaa!

Dislike: walking through the lobby and driveway to get to the Kidani pool. Also don't like walking through the restaurant waiting area at Jambo to get to the pool.

We have 3 home resorts-BCV, OKW, and HHI.

BCV
love the sandy area by the pool
hate that they took the gelato area out of the bakery, especially miss the pistachio

OKW
love the individual buildings and parking, the "home" feel
hate that the buildongs don't all have elevators

HHI
love the marsh views
hate that Tide Me Over doesn't have more offerings.

VGC is underrepresented here!

We love the proximity to the parks. Ride Grizzly River Rapids a couple of times, get soaked, and go back to the room in 5 minutes to change. Throw everything in the dryer. Or a 10 minute walk to the room at the end of a long day.

There isn't really much to hate, but it is annoying that there isn't any VGC themed merchandise, just generic DVC stuff.

AKV -

Love: the serenity of the savanna after a few hours at the parks. Also we love Sanaa!

Dislike: walking through the lobby and driveway to get to the Kidani pool. Also don't like walking through the restaurant waiting area at Jambo to get to the pool.

When I walk to the pool, I go down to the parking garage and walk to the pool area so that I don't have to go through the lobby.

Have been OKW members since '92:

Like:
The fact my children have grown up there and still think of it as "home".

Dislike:
The renovation that made it look like Old Key West Beach Club.

mac_tlc

AKV
Love the laid back atmosphere at Kidani, sit in front of the fireplace, talking with the CM, watching the animals etc.

I dislike the negative reviews. I understand to each their own but sometimes people get almost mean about it instead of just saying it wasn't for them.

BWV - so much that we love (BW view, BW activities, quiet walks, 2 parks nearby, community hall, ice cream/bakery, restaurants, etc). i guess the only things that we aren't fans of is the multiple bus stops to the parks (not hate, just a minor annoyance), and the crowds that come to visit and are not respectful of the resort (tossing garbage about, tearing up the lawn, etc).

BCV - least favorite thing is the constant noise and bustle, in the lobby and hallways, at SAB. most favorite is seeing it in all its beauty and glory (sans noise) from my BW view.....we also love gazing at the BW from the BC beach (very late, when it's quiet).

SSR - love the way it feels.....like a quiet country upstate, quiet pools are actually quiet, that wonderful walkway to DTD.
i guess it would be better if there was a regular park within walking distance, but that would probably destroy the things i already love about the resort :confused3

2 home resorts:

BWV - love the leveled point values so I can make those points stretch
don't love having only one elevator for such a huge place

BCV - love the location
can't think of anything I don't love

BWV: Love the BW view and walking to 2 parks. Dislike those BW view balconies with the solid wall instead of slats.

OKW: Love the size of the 1 bedrooms and the balconies and parking outside the unit. Dislike not being connected to a park.

OKW:

Love parking in front of our villa, the spacious living/kitchen area, having a decent sized dining table, large verandahs - sorry, could not pick just one!

This isn't too big of a deal to me, but I wish the resort had been designed so that the main road with bus traffic went around the perimeter of the resort instead of through the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter