• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell us 1 thing you love, and 1 thing you highly dislike about your home resort.

BWV: Love everything. Even the one elevator and long halls. Love watching the Boardwalk after a long day in the parks and smelling the aroma of all the restaurants...esp Big River Grille. Love people watching. Watching the fireworks every night. Walking to Epcot. Love BWV!! This is my favorite resort.

AKV: Love sitting on the patio watching the animals.....just the whole feel of the place is wonderful. Cast Members there are exceptional. Don't like the hot walk to Jambo.

SSR: Love that we can walk to DTD. Love the quiet pool at Congress Park. Don't like the motel motif. Will probably sell this one at some point in time.

Vero Beach: Laid back, beautiful, great beach and pool...good place to recoup.

For all of the above -- hate the bus system and rent a car every time.

OKW - love the exterior colors; hate nothing

VWL - love the theming; hate nothing

AKV: Love watching the animals, feeling like I've been transported to Africa and being able to walk to three of my favorite WDW restaurants (Boma, Sanaa, Jiko).
Dislike: In Kidani (not sure if Jambo has this problem): Having to find a place to stash the sticky high chair during our stay. They eliminated the separate washer/dryer closet that BWV, VWL, etc have and put the washer/dryer in the front entry way closet instead. But they made that closet too small to hold everything else that is normally stored there. The sticky high chair ended up in the master closet which is also too small given that it has a large pedestal safe in it. (I do like that big safe, just wish the closet was bigger.)

BWV: Love being able to walk to Epcot and getting either a beautiful BW view or saving points with a SV. Love having all that closet space!
Dislike: How long it takes to get somewhere by bus.

VWL: Love the theming and going to MK by boat.
Dislike: I wish more of the rooms had at least a partial view of the lake.

blt - love being able to walk to the MK - that is not really resort so TOWL
blt - hate - the small pool

bwv - hate having to go outside to get
bwv - love the community pool, love being able to walk (or boat) to both Epcot and Studios- although Epcot generally wins

vwl - love the atmosphere and lobbies (vwl and wl)
vwl - the service area view

VGC

Love the location. Can't beat being able to walk into the parks in <5 minutes.

Don't hate it, but find it annoying that is sooo small, they did not build enough units. At 8 months for summer (mid-June), I switched a reservation and had to wait list for one of the nights. They need to add more! Also lack of ME.

VGC is underrepresented here!

We love the proximity to the parks. Ride Grizzly River Rapids a couple of times, get soaked, and go back to the room in 5 minutes to change. Throw everything in the dryer. Or a 10 minute walk to the room at the end of a long day.

:yay: Ditto to this!! LOVE VGC !!!

BWV- Love the access to the Boardwalk for the morning run and evening people watching. I don't like... I am not sure what I don't like! No, I've got it, the buzzer on the dryer always scares the beejeezers out of me!

Stephen

OKW
Love about DVC - taking vacations that we never would have been able to without DVC.
Love about OKW - the size of the rooms that DVC will never match.

Not hate but would like to see changed - A larger Gurgling Suitcase, even though it has been done once, a bigger one is needed.

Love BWV. The rooms, the pool, & especially the location. Hate the fact that the do not have dedicated 2BDRMs or a place to grab a quick bite in the actual resort.

SSR - love how relaxing it is. We actually like SSR, OKW and SSR because thet are not connected to a park. Love feeling relaxed when we come back to the resort.

SSR - hate that they increased the points needed to stay at THV. They worked so well for our family, but we will not be booking them again unless we have an excess of points.

BWV
Love almost everything except
Hate the bus stops and no real CS sit down places (ok, I guess 2 things)

VWL
Love the smell
Needs a reno soon!

BLT
Love the monorail and walk to MK options
The stuffs inside the rooms are falling apart already... what's up with that?

VGC
Love EVERYTHING!!! except for
High points requirement :)

OKW -

Love the tropical lushness of the grounds & landscaping!
Hate the hardware on the balcony door blinds they put in during the refurb. What a pain to roll up & down, takes forever!

BLT

love the transportation options- monorail, boat, and walk to MK to get a bus to any resort for diners

hate that TOTWL isn't a quick service or casual option- what a miss on that one. it would be busier all day if you could go up and have a light meal.

VGC
Love the location. You really cannot beat the entrance from the hotel to DCA!
Hate the expense and size. The points requirements are high especially on the weekends!

There isn't really much to hate, but it is annoying that there isn't any VGC themed merchandise, just generic DVC stuff.

I was beginning to think I was crazy when I can never find anything. And even the general DVC merch is lacking!

OKW -

[Hate the hardware on the balcony door blinds they put in during the refurb. What a pain to roll up & down, takes forever!

LOL at this, Dh and I both were complaining (to each other) at what a pain the door blinds were...I had forgotten about it till your post.

SSR - Love everything about this resort. Hate their bus system. Seems we always waiting over 20 minutes at the parks to get back!!

BWV - Love the location!! Hate - solid balconies. I love to people watch! :rotfl:

BLT

Love: The emotional rush of coming home again, holding my wife's hand as we enter the resort.

Hate (such a negative word): The tree/shrubbery height inside the crescent tends to block many of the standard room views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter