Tell us 1 thing you love, and 1 thing you highly dislike about your home resort.

OKW:
I LOVE the floorplan (size and layout of villas).
I HATE taking the buses to the parks.

HHI:
I love the ocean side stuff...beach and pool.
I hate having to drive or take shuttle over to the ocean.

BCV
Love the theming, pool, and location
Dislike the numerous road views
BLT
Love the walk to MK, theming and the views
Dislike the pool

BLT love to sit on the balcony and watch things (Monorails, boats, fireworks) or people go by.

I sure wish they'd add some sheers, it's not only a privacy issue but on the MK side the afternoon sun is so bright you are forced to close the drapes and then the room is too dark so you have waste electricity and turn on the lights.

AKV: Love the theming and peacefulness
Dislike... hm... reaching for it... that there are no boats to anywhere :)

Well we bought BWV sight unseen.....

For both my DW and I, as well as the kids we love coming back to the Boardwalk area at night and catching the performers. My kids have been lucky that they have been included in the shows many times.

Ok.....location, location, location,.....being able to walk to 2 parks is a huge plus.

Love the peaceful environment - trees, foliage, ducks, etc.

Not so fond of some of the room views. This is a minor issue.

Overall, love the villas at WL. :thumbsup2

BWV: love the location--great views and close enough to two parks to walk, dislike the bus rides to AK and MK and the lack of a food court type place

HH: love the laid back atmosphere, don't really hate anything but would prefer that it was directly on the beach

VB: love the beach views and being able to smell and hear the ocean from the balcony, dislike that there is not a lot close by in terms of restaurants

BCV: Love - the pool of course and the ability to walk to Epcot.
Hate - how worn out the rooms have become. It is in serious need of updating. Made me sad to see the wear and tear when we were there last year.

BWV - Love the location, and the atmosphere of the resort.
Don't love the multiple bus stops back from the parks.

AKV - Love the 3 bathrooms in the 2 bedrooms and the amazing
savannah views.
Don't love the distance from everything else but AKP.

BWV - love the location, ease to Epcot and DHS. Love the bakery. Not so fond of the long walks to get to anywhere from your room but more so the bus service.

BLT - love the walk to MK and ease of transport with the MK bus station as well as restaurant access within the area. Not so much a fan of small studios and high point costs.

I'm the odd duck out...we own at BWV. There is nothing about the resort we like.

We bought when there was nothing but BW and OKW and admittedly didn't know anything about a resale market, so we bought direct from Disney and they had no OKW contracts available. We wanted to own DVC and so bought the BWV contract. Fortunately, we haven't any had problems getting the OKW ressies we really want.

BLT
Love the lake views, sleekness of common areas and the pool. (Don't get why so many dislike BLT pool. Still think it is better than Wilderness pool (which I like, but my kids get bored of the slide quickly) and SSR pools). Also enjoy larger 1 BR villas. Son LOVES community hall.

Agree with others that Contemporary pool is a mess. It definitely needs updated. I've become use to going to Contemporary for food, etc..., but not overly thrilled with that, either.

AKV - love the theming and the division of points for families of 5+
AKV Hate that Savannaha view is not really savannha view with animals out your window/ limited animals

AKV - Love the fell and look of the resort...amazing architecture. And the Savannah view is another amazing unique feature. We dislike the unpredictable bus system, sometimes good and sometimes really really slow.

WLV - The pool right outside the building...our kids loved this. The lack of QS options.

Agree with others that Contemporary pool is a mess. It definitely needs updated.

This is another reason why I love BLT. CR is the first and original WDW resort. Agreed by all. it needs renovating soon. When the renovations come, my BLT will be connected to a shiny/sort of new resort.:cheer2:

BCV--Love walking to epcot (and stumbling back after drinking my way around the world). Hate the counter service options and the small gym (hoping they're expanding it).

SSR--the opposite :) Love the counter service food and gym, hate the bus roulette to get to the parks.

OKW- Love the huge one beds, feeling or relaxation of the Resort, easy parking, hate loads of UK guests being given free DDP and big discounts.

BLT - Love the location, smell in the lobby, entry by key only, hearing the sounds of MK whilst sat on our balcony. Hate - the sofa beds and having to find room to put all the cushions in a studio.

Caron

SSR
Love the laid back vibe and access to Earl of Sandwich, especially if I'm in Congress Park.
Dislike the sofa--not very comfy either as a sofa or as a bed.

BWV
Don't own here but just want to be the contrarian who likes the bus trans to DTD. I use it after Illuminations. I'd rather be on a relatively empty bus doing the slow roll through other resorts than herded to the front of Epcot to fight the crabby crowds trying to get on the bus back to SSR. Sitting at the bus stop, sitting on the bus, short stroll from DTD to CP :thumbsup2 or pushing with the crowd through Epcot, standing in the insanely long SSR bus line, most likely standing on the bus and next-to-last stop in SSR. :crowded: I pick BWV bus every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter