Take the DIS WISH challenge here

Been a member of DIS for a few years and have never seen this section. I am SOOOOO in!
Been doing WW for about a yr now...have really fallen off the wagon over the past 3 mths and am up 10lbs :( really needing to get back on track 24/7!
We do WW at work so my weeks are pretty good...it is the weekends when I clear our everything in our kitchen that kills me...no willpower here...

My goal: idealy 30lbs, gym at least 3 days a week, want to be in pictures with my family...

Well I'm weighing in.

Down 4lbs :thumbsup2. Exercised 3 days but for 30+ so thats not bad .We helped friends move which was very taxing and did big grocery shopping so that should count for an hour of walking right?;)

Still haven't got my suppliments up and going and did binge a bit yesterday so mixed week.

How is everyone doing?

Aaargh! I've been doing awesome up until Christmas and this past month. I've only got 6.5 more lbs to go and for some reason I'm not as motivated to get there as I was when I first started. I think the problem is that I feel 'ok' but not 'fabulous'.

So time to set a new goal starting now. I want to lose the rest of this weight by April 13th, which is the start of convention season! I'll be heading to Chicago for C2E2 on that weekend and it wouldn't hurt to look and feel a bit better than I do now. 125lbs is a reasonable goal. By August 16th I'd like to be down to 120lbs, but I'll need to see how comfortable I would feel at that weight first. None of it matters if you don't feel healthy.

Hope everyone is doing alright with their goals. I'm glad I posted again. It always gets me more focused when I do.

Anyone else use Kinect for exersize (havent got through much of the tread yet)

I was thinking of picking up the MMA/UFC trainer game that goes with the Kinect just so I can get in some different training (kickboxing gyms down in my neighborhood are SO EXPENSIVE), but wasn't sure how it would work.

Do you find that the Kinect tracks you well? Or does it not matter if you're getting the workout?

I was thinking of picking up the MMA/UFC trainer game that goes with the Kinect just so I can get in some different training (kickboxing gyms down in my neighborhood are SO EXPENSIVE), but wasn't sure how it would work.

Do you find that the Kinect tracks you well? Or does it not matter if you're getting the workout?

Yes it generally works well. It ocastionally misses my effort with Active program but I kinda expected a few glitches. It even can tell who just stepped into game on some titles. Dance 3 seems to provide the most bang for the energy buck. Sweat points are divided by 4.2 to get calories. So fun seems easier than active.

Hello everyone. I'd like to join up. My health has been on a roller coaster ride for quite a while. I've had chronic pain for about twenty years. In 2004 I went gluten free after suffering from GI issues. My daughter was born in 2007 and my son in 2009. I am still carrying around about 60 extra pounds from those pregnancies. Last May I found out that I had a congenital heart defect and had open heart surgery in June to correct it. I am currently in cardiac rehab. It is still too soon to develop a prognosis for me with regards to my heart, but I am sure it will be better if I am fit, active and otherwise healthy than if I am inactive and overweight.

I've been progressing really well in rehab (30 min treadmill, 20 min bike, weights 2x per week) but I feel like I can do more now. My doctor told me to push myself a little but not too much. Take it slow but get moving. So, that's what I'm doing. I just bought a treadmill and a mini stepper. We also have free weights. I want to start doing yoga again.

I feel ready for this. I need to lose around fifty pounds to be at a healthy weight. I don't want to compromise my heart any further by stressing it any more than it has already been stressed.

So, my plan is to give myself at least an hour for dedicated exercise each day. I am also working on developing better eating habits so to begin with, tea instead of soda, home cooked and less processed instead of fast food, more veggies, more water, smaller portions.

My story is much like many of yours: I'm overweight and really, really, really want to do something about it.

Over the summer, I lost 12 pounds... but gained it all back when stress and laziness became huge factors in overeating. I have trouble breathing sometimes because of the extra weight gain. I'm 5'4" and nearly 200 pounds. Yuck.

My husband bought me a treadmill, so now I have an outlet, but I still overeat. I have to learn better ways of dealing with that.

I also want to train for a Disney 1/2 marathon and have gotten information on the Couch to 5K, but the 'Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure' is also interesting to me. I don't know anyone who has/has had that type of cancer, but as a woman, it's a scary thought, thinking I (or someone I care about) might have that one day.

My goal: To sign up, take part in, and complete the 5K Komen Cancer Marathon in 2012 AND take part in a Disney 1/2 Marathon in 2013. If I lose some weight in the mean time, then that'll be super! But the main purpose of this is to be able to hold my head up and say I've not only helped myself, but others as well.

Aaargh! I've been doing awesome up until Christmas and this past month. I've only got 6.5 more lbs to go and for some reason I'm not as motivated to get there as I was when I first started. I think the problem is that I feel 'ok' but not 'fabulous'.

So time to set a new goal starting now. I want to lose the rest of this weight by April 13th, which is the start of convention season! I'll be heading to Chicago for C2E2 on that weekend and it wouldn't hurt to look and feel a bit better than I do now. 125lbs is a reasonable goal. By August 16th I'd like to be down to 120lbs, but I'll need to see how comfortable I would feel at that weight first. None of it matters if you don't feel healthy.

Hope everyone is doing alright with their goals. I'm glad I posted again. It always gets me more focused when I do.

So Scary,

Wow congrats on geting so close to your goal!:cheer2: I'm going to throw a few things out there and see if you find them helpful. Since I have no idea what you have been doing its a shot in the dark but here it goes.

If you feel that the platau is more of a mental fatigue thing maybe its a good time to switch to a completely different type of diet. I dont know if you have tried the Fat flush diet or the flat belly diet but I have found both work really well to lose 10+ lbs fairly quick. I especially like the Fat Flush results and its ability to kick my sugar dependance. Even when just eating normal I love the sassy water from that diet. It is the only thing that gets me off soda. I would not reccomend either long term because they are tough but they may be a good kick start or cross the finish line diet for you.

Also there have been several studies lately that show sleep is a big deal. Dr. Oz mentioned that you could lose as much as 13 lbs in a year just by adding an hour of sleep. I know I have sometimes lost weight when on melitonin for my insomnia. Vitamin D has been shown to be important to weight loss. If you havent looked at your vitamins lately this may be a time to tweek them.

I'm down another 2 lbs. Finally back on my vitamins and averaging 3 workouts a week. My fibro has been acting up and I now have an infection so hopefully I can stay on track. When my fibro acts up it can take up to 6 weeks to get back on track so send some pixie dust please!

weight lose wishes to allpixiedust:

Well its been another week. How is everybody doing?

I went nearly a week without being able to exersize:sad1:but finally back on track. I've been better about my vitamins and started the fat flush diet to jump start my weightloss and get my carb craving under control. So at the moment I am meeting all my goals and down another pound to boot:cheer2:

I have been progressively gaining about two to three pounds per year since I had my first baby. I don't classify myself as badly overweight but I'm sick of the fatigued feeling I have when just doing everyday stuff.

Last summer the family visited Mount Vernon. We took a tour that focused on the filming of National Treasure 2. The tour ended down at the river front near the property and you had to walk back up this big hill to get to the house. My DS (11 then) had to get behind me and literally push me I was so worn out.

Recently my DS came to me and said he wants to run a 5k. The one he's doing is at night so he's not doing it alone. Soooooo we have decided this is going to be a family thing and we are all going to start doing 5k's. Our first one is April 22nd and I may not do great but I'm doing it, and that's a start.

I'm counting my calories with an ap called lose it and I've started walk/running on a jogging track in the neighborhood. So far I walk/run about an eighteen minute mile. I try to do that three to four times per week and then lift some weights and do some stretch/strength exercises on off days. I take Sundays off except for maybe a walk or bike ride with kiddos.

So far I've lost five pounds. I hope to lose ten to fifteen more before our Disneyland trip in July.

I would love anyone's recommendations for a good multi-vitamin.

I'm signing up! I tried once before, but wasn't really dedicated. But I'm starting over and determined to make this work!

Hi All!!

My daughter just finished her first Half Marathon...the Disney Princess....and she has inspired me to get busy and do it with her next year. My biggest challenge right away is getting a major amount of weight off. I am SO excited about it. Just a little bit of a slow down here...I broke my big toe last week, so that has set me back a little. But I have a year and I WILL DO THIS!!!! I am looking forward to the encouragement and tips on this board.

Becky

Hi! My DH and I want to take the DIS WISH challenge! DH lost 60lbs and I lost 35lbs on Atkins last year before our first WDW trip in Oct. Now old habits have creeped back :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1:rolleyes1We have now booked our first ever cruise on the Fantasy for Oct. 19, 2013 and want to be fit and healthy! We start Atkins (DH finds this to be the only plan he can stick to) on Monday!(After a couple false starts:eek: but now we really mean it,lol:goodvibes)

Lori and Glenn

I would like to sign up. I lost 40 pounds from 2008 - 2010 doing WW. I became a WW lifetime member in Nov. 2010. I was successful in keeping the weight off until October of last year when I started gaining again. I have gained 15 pounds since. I will never forget what it felt like to go to Disney for the first time at an ideal weight. I had so much energy that trip and for the first time ever I loved how I looked in the pictures. I will also never forget what it felt like to go for my annual checkup and have the nurse call me and tell me all my levels were normal(even my cholesteral(67 HDL & 96 LDL) which had been over 200 for 15+ years). I want that same feeling again when we go back this September. I am 47 years old and have 3 beautiful children; DS24, DD20 & DS7. I need to be able to keep up with DS7 for many more years to come and just can not do it at my current weight. I am hoping the W.I.S.H challange will be the motivation I need to reach my goal.:)

My plan is to start WW meetings again and join the walk to disney challange.

I'm a brand new member at Dis; I don't even have enough posts to earn a ticker yet, but I really like this idea. What a better group for support than people who love Disney World like I do! I think my first goal, to be realistic, would be to lose 20 lbs. My other goal is to keep walking everyday (weather permitting) until I can walk a full mile at a time. Right now I'm doing about a 1/2 to 3/4s of a mile. I love to walk, but I've really lazed off a lot. I think this group will really help me because once I have a ticker to watch it'll give me encouragement to watch the ticker advance. Thank you to who ever came up with this great idea and runs the forum. :yay: <--- That's what I need...more exercise! Mickey-e

Welcome aboard to all the new folks! Hope you're all having a great week!!

Lori - Hope you and Glenn are getting back into the swing of things on Atkins! I am on a semi-low carb plan myself (Carb Addicts Lifespan Plan) and I do love the way it makes me feel. :-)

I'm so excited; I set off on my walk today and hoped that I'd make another 3/4 mile. My legs were tired, so I knew not to push too hard. Well, I ran into a neighbor and with the two of us talking, the next thing I knew, I had done my mile for the first time. I'm very tired, but happy. :woohoo: I don't expect to do it everyday just because I did it today, but I now know that it is a realistic goal for me.

I guess that I should add that it would be very nice to lose my twenty pounds by my next trip in November; that would be super wonderful. The WISH smilies, do you get a 'twenty pound' smilie now stating that as your goal, or do you get it after you've reached your goal? Thanks.

I'm jumping in here! I've been working hard on exercising and losing weight since the beginning of the year. I'm signed up for my first 5K next month and my first Disney 5K in December. I have about 80 more pounds to lose. I'm feeling pretty confident that I can do it this time. I'm tracking my food on myfitnesspal.com and my mileage on Nike+. Excited to be part of this community! I am a Florida resident and a Disney annual passholder. I'm setting my sights on the Princess half for next year. Oh, and I'm 51 and the mom of a 13 year old and a 19 year old.

I'm so bummed. Made no progress. DH and I are so stressed and sooo tired that dieting and exersizing have been near impossible. This is his last semester in school and now is when he gets a really difficult class situation. Add to it kids activities seem to be comming in waves and its triggered alot of my fibromyalgia symptioms which is making it it doubly hard. I know all those moms and cargivers can relate. No time, energy or money for me.:headache:

Got some good news this week regarding his class:goodvibes. Now I'm just hoping that I can reset this w/e and start again. My goal is down from 30 to 10 before vaction:sad2:Any pixie dust you can share would be greatly appreciated;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter