Take the DIS WISH challenge here

My challenge to myself is to lose 15 pounds by my Disney trip 2 months from now! I lost almost 30 lbs last year, and have been gaining and losing the same 10 lbs for about a year now.

Time to hop back on the wagon with a little extra pixie dust and make some weight loss magic happen! Excited to join you guys!! :yay:

Welcome Mom23 and Howe! Hope you'll be keeping us updated on your progress.

@Mom23: I admire anyone with the drive to become a runner. I tried it once, and it killed my motivation to exercise all together. Hope you're doing well on the way to your goal!

@Howe: Looks like you're only a month away from your trip :) Hope you're having success!

Hadn't been here in awhile so I thought I'd check back in and give the thread a little bump. My Halloween trip was a lot of fun, and I was able to enjoy the parks at 134lbs! As expected though, the ADRs and snacks and treats every other minute of caught up with me. I gained 1/2 pound back on vacation, but that's ok and expected. I ate at O'hana like I've never eaten before!

Now my routine is back to normal, and I'm kind of glad for it. Yesterday I bought a jump rope to get a little more out of my workouts. It's really important that I'm close to my goal weight by Feb. and with the pace I'm going now it won't be happening unless I step it up a little. Here's hoping it works!

I was browsing the boards planning my college graduation trip June 2012 (Aulani and Disneyland here we come!!) and stumbled across this. I want to take the challenge and try to change some lifestyle habits, not as much for weight loss but my health.

I'm a 21yo college student with more health problems than I should have at 60. At 19 I was diagnosed with PCOS and told I had high cholesterol and was in danger for getting diabetes by the time i got out of college. I wasn't terribly obese, but I was pushing 200 pounds and had zero self-confidence and absolutely HATED my body. Fast forward to a very challenging year and a half at college, I find myself starting to skip meals sometimes, but the weight was just melting off, and for four months I started down a very ugly road. Thankfully I realized the signs and never got to the point of full-blown anorexia, but in the past year I've been getting past that, I gained back almost all the weight. This past summer, my parents started dieting and exercising to take care of their own problems, and went along to be a supportive daughter. When I started seeing the weight come off again, I realized there were healthy ways for me to get the body I wanted, so now I'm trying to do this the proper way, and focus more on my self-image and self-worth rather than any particular number (but I'd love to hit 160). I was diagnosed this month with an inactive thyroid, but this is just motivating me further to pursue my goals.

As for changes, eating 100% healthy is next to impossible on a college campus, but I'm trying to make small changes and go the "lesser of two evils" route on food choices for now. I would love to break through this plateau of 175 that I've never been able to breach, and hopefully if I exercise more than twice a week I can. It's hard for me to do this without a lot of encouragement sometimes, especially since I eat my emotions when the semester gets tough, but I want to be able to wear a bikini for the first time in Hawaii and feel confident in my own body.

Thank you all so much for reading this rambling post, guess I just needed to write it out for some reason. Here's to a healthier lifestyle!

Hey fellow WISHers,

I am about 80 pounds overweight and need to do something to improve my health. I began having problems with my weight back in 1998 when my DD was diagnosed with leukemia. During her stays in the hospital I ate to help cope with the stress. I began to pick up horrible eating habits and have had a hard time getting rid of them.

My motivation to lose is due to our upcoming trip next June. During the last trip I would get tired easily, struggled to get on/off some rides, was self conscience of how to dress...I could go on and on. I want to be lighter and more healthy on the next trip.

Tomorrow I plan on starting Weight Watchers and counting my points. I will also begin walking or riding my bike. I plan on also giving up all soda pop...it just isn't good for me at all. I will also be increasing my water intake. My first goal is to lose 10 pounds over the next 4 weeks. I know it will be tough with the holidays, but I have to quit making excuse and wanting to start later after this or that!

I'm looking forward to the motivation and support from other WISH members to help me in my weight loss journey. Thank you!

Another WISH intro!

Hi everyone! My name is Faith and I am 20yo college student who is currently fighting off the Freshman 30.

I went away to school for the first year and a half and did some serious damage to my body. I was depressed to be away from home and ate to console myself. I am now 30-40 pounds over my ideal weight.

I am 5'10" currently 178 and I'd like to be down to my normal 140-145 range. Thankfully the extra weight doesn't look too bad considering I've got some height but it bothers me and I want to be healthy!

I tried WW but didn't have much success. :( I am starting the Couch to 5k Program tomorrow and am running the Princess 5k at WDW next Feb.! Great motivation!

I am also getting married next December and hope to shed some of the pounds before the Big Day. :)

Best of luck to everyone! pixiedust:

Count me in!!! While I'm not necessarily in it for weight loss (I lost about 17 lbs last yr due to bringing my lunch and not eating out, and cutting out soda completely), but now I'm wanting to become a Runner! I'm a fast walker, and can run for short spurts, and did my first 10K in 1 hr 18 minutes!!! My husband wants to do a 1/2 together, and I told him the only way I'd do that is with a tiara on my head at WDW! princess:
We'd really like to do the Expedition Everest 5K, too. That looks FUN!!!
Good luck to everyone, on reaching their goals!!! I can't think of a better motivator than an excuse to go to DISNEY! ;)

Just checking in! Welcome to all the new posters. Hope you'll have success with your goals, and again I gotta say how much I admire all of you runners. The EE 5k sounds like an absolute nightmare to me!~

Thanksgiving week did its damage, and what with spending most of my time with the family I didn't exercise (Or rather, I slept in and never got up early enough to exercise.) Vacations are vacations though. I was able to relax and enjoy four days off from work and eat my fill. That's what Thanksgiving's about after all. I mean, after the being thankful part:rotfl:

The scale and I are at odds right now. The numbers are jumping each day, but my most consistent weight for the past two weeks has been right at or around 130. I've put myself at 131 for the sake of fairness, as that's what it read last night. The day before however said 134 and I wanted to pick the thing up and hurl it across the room.

They say your body weight can vary by up to five pounds in a day depending on food intake and etc. but I didn't think it was actually true until lately.

I'd like to join. :lovestruc

I think I'm probably the heaviest I've ever been, except when I was pregnant. :sad2: I feel like my life has stopped over the past two years because of the extra weight I've put on. I have no desire to go or do anything for myself because of the way I look. So, I'm in. I have at least 40 pounds to lose and I've started today. :woohoo:

Well I can't do this by myself, so I'm going to have to tell my story so I can get some encouragement and accountability.

I was, not really thin, but I looked good before I got pregnant with my first baby (in 2007). I gained 38 lbs with her, lost 10 when she was born and immediately gained it back. A year and a half later (doing Weight Watchers), I had lost 10 lbs. My doctor ran glucose tests, thyroid tests, everything and nothing is wrong with me. He concluded that breastfeeding was making me gain weight. I got pregnant with my second baby (my son Judah) while I was still nursing her, and gained a total of 35 lbs. After he was born I lost 20 lbs and have managed to keep it off. In January 2011 I started using caloriecount.com and I was determined to get down to my "pre-Judah" weight before our first cruise in May 2011. Well I made it!! I lost 13 lbs in four months And then over the course of July-August gained it all back plus one.

I spent August, September, October, November feeling defeated and disgusted with myself. It was so hard to force myself to go to the gym when I felt like it was useless. I just kept telling myself how much more weight would I be gaining if I wasn't working out? Then over Thanksgiving weekend, we found a great deal on a cruise at the end of January and booked it! Rather than feeling defeated, I started feeling like this was another opportunity to work towards a goal. I decided to lose 12 lbs in the 8 weeks I have left before the cruise. That will put me just 2 lbs above my "pre-Judah" weight, and I think it's a doable goal. Once I get there I will have 25 left to get all the way back down to my "pre-Katherine" weight, but I am not even considering that right now. It might never happen.

My plan: I have four nights a week I can go to the gym. I do 45-60 minutes of cardio, either on the treadmill or on the elliptical. Last week I went three times. I've decided I can miss 2 days without feeling like I've completely screwed up, but I have to go at least twice. Drink plenty of water - I now drink 16 oz of water first thing in the morning before I am allowed to have a cup of coffee or tea. I have replaced my morning coffee with tea (no creamer = less calories). When I lost weight the first time, I cut way back on the creamer. I measured it out and discovered I was eating about 600 calories a day just in Coffeemate! I cut it back so I was consuming about 200 cals a day in Coffeemate. That was one of the most discouraging things when I gained all my weight back, because I was still measuring out my creamer and being very careful about it. But now, tea instead of coffee at home. And if I do get a coffee at Starbucks (because I am a Starbucks addict!), talls instead of grandes. Continue to use caloriecount.com. Last week I missed logging my food on Friday and on Sunday. I can miss 2 days a week and not feel like I've completely screwed up.

So how has it worked? Since last Monday I have lost 3 lbs! I know a big loss to begin with is not uncommon and I will probably see a smaller loss next week. But it's great to see my efforts paying off again. I am going to start on a journal in the other forum called "12 lbs in 8 weeks" and track my progress. I feel really alone in this, so please, encouragement is very much appreciated!

11/28 - 12 lbs in 8 weeks
12/5 - 9 lbs in 7 weeks

I'd like to join. :lovestruc

I think I'm probably the heaviest I've ever been, except when I was pregnant. :sad2: I feel like my life has stopped over the past two years because of the extra weight I've put on. I have no desire to go or do anything for myself because of the way I look. So, I'm in. I have at least 40 pounds to lose and I've started today. :woohoo:
Way to go. Looks like you have a trip coming up too, so that gives you more motivation to work towards your goal. Best of luck!

Well I can't do this by myself, so I'm going to have to tell my story so I can get some encouragement and accountability.

I was, not really thin, but I looked good before I got pregnant with my first baby (in 2007). I gained 38 lbs with her, lost 10 when she was born and immediately gained it back. A year and a half later (doing Weight Watchers), I had lost 10 lbs. My doctor ran glucose tests, thyroid tests, everything and nothing is wrong with me. He concluded that breastfeeding was making me gain weight. I got pregnant with my second baby (my son Judah) while I was still nursing her, and gained a total of 35 lbs. After he was born I lost 20 lbs and have managed to keep it off. In January 2011 I started using caloriecount.com and I was determined to get down to my "pre-Judah" weight before our first cruise in May 2011. Well I made it!! I lost 13 lbs in four months And then over the course of July-August gained it all back plus one.

I spent August, September, October, November feeling defeated and disgusted with myself. It was so hard to force myself to go to the gym when I felt like it was useless. I just kept telling myself how much more weight would I be gaining if I wasn't working out? Then over Thanksgiving weekend, we found a great deal on a cruise at the end of January and booked it! Rather than feeling defeated, I started feeling like this was another opportunity to work towards a goal. I decided to lose 12 lbs in the 8 weeks I have left before the cruise. That will put me just 2 lbs above my "pre-Judah" weight, and I think it's a doable goal. Once I get there I will have 25 left to get all the way back down to my "pre-Katherine" weight, but I am not even considering that right now. It might never happen.

My plan: I have four nights a week I can go to the gym. I do 45-60 minutes of cardio, either on the treadmill or on the elliptical. Last week I went three times. I've decided I can miss 2 days without feeling like I've completely screwed up, but I have to go at least twice. Drink plenty of water - I now drink 16 oz of water first thing in the morning before I am allowed to have a cup of coffee or tea. I have replaced my morning coffee with tea (no creamer = less calories). When I lost weight the first time, I cut way back on the creamer. I measured it out and discovered I was eating about 600 calories a day just in Coffeemate! I cut it back so I was consuming about 200 cals a day in Coffeemate. That was one of the most discouraging things when I gained all my weight back, because I was still measuring out my creamer and being very careful about it. But now, tea instead of coffee at home. And if I do get a coffee at Starbucks (because I am a Starbucks addict!), talls instead of grandes. Continue to use caloriecount.com. Last week I missed logging my food on Friday and on Sunday. I can miss 2 days a week and not feel like I've completely screwed up.

So how has it worked? Since last Monday I have lost 3 lbs! I know a big loss to begin with is not uncommon and I will probably see a smaller loss next week. But it's great to see my efforts paying off again. I am going to start on a journal in the other forum called "12 lbs in 8 weeks" and track my progress. I feel really alone in this, so please, encouragement is very much appreciated!

11/28 - 12 lbs in 8 weeks
12/5 - 9 lbs in 7 weeks

I've never had kids, so I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to try and get rid of the weight once it comes on while pregnant. You've got my full support hun! Hope you'll check in and let us know how things progress.

This past week was an epic failure as far as exercise is concerned. Something deterred me from it almost every day, be it drama or needing to go somewhere etc. I also ate pretty stupid towards the end of the week due to family drama. I'm starting to fall into the trap of abusing myself when there's something to be sad about. But if I stay like that then these last few pounds are NEVER going to come off :mad: Shame on me, (especially for all the soda) and back to basics!:cloud9:

Weigh in is today, and I'm terrified of what I'm gonna see:rolleyes1

Post-holiday bump! How did everyone handle their time off? Me, I went a little overboard, but that's ok. Christmas gives us that excuse...or at least it's enough of one for me.

I think I held pretty steady over the holiday. Back at being a better tracker for Weight Watchers. Want to bring in the new year a lot healthier!

Hi,

I was a member of WISH many years ago but stopped visiting the DIS for a while and even when I came back to DIS didn't come back to WISH. However, in recent years I have put on a lot of weight and have a number of health issues so it is time to get serious about getting back to good health. As well as improving my diet I plan to start exercising regularly again as well as making other changes to my life. I remember how supportive this board always was and hope that it still is.

Sue

Yes, please count me in on this. I have a trip coming up and want to drop some pounds before i see mickey. So where do i sign up for the biggest loser 2012 challenge:woohoo:

Add me to the list. I started my diet in late July 2011, I was weighing 286. I am done to 244, as of my last weigh in. I want to get done to 185, but I think I would be happy even if I only reach 200.

Hi,

I was a member of WISH many years ago but stopped visiting the DIS for a while and even when I came back to DIS didn't come back to WISH. However, in recent years I have put on a lot of weight and have a number of health issues so it is time to get serious about getting back to good health. As well as improving my diet I plan to start exercising regularly again as well as making other changes to my life. I remember how supportive this board always was and hope that it still is.

Sue

Welcome back Sue!:dance3: Be sure to keep us updated on your progress. I hope you'll stick with it so you're able to address your health issues.

Yes, please count me in on this. I have a trip coming up and want to drop some pounds before i see mickey. So where do i sign up for the biggest loser 2012 challenge:woohoo:

There's no better motivator to drop weight than a park visit! I had so much more energy by the time I got there this past fall, so I wish you success! :wizard:
Add me to the list. I started my diet in late July 2011, I was weighing 286. I am done to 244, as of my last weigh in. I want to get done to 185, but I think I would be happy even if I only reach 200.

Wow that's *math* 42 pounds already!!:grouphug: Way to go!!

Finally got back to exercising yesterday and it felt great. I blasted through my usual workout with no real sweat. I think it might be time to look into some more intensive equipment later this year. Just as long as it can fold away nice and neat.

I weighed in last night too (had avoided it the past 2 weeks), and I actually have 7 pounds left to go. That added 2 1/2 pounds is thanks to all the extra snacks and holiday goodies.

Hi everyone!

I would love to join in. I think I did join once before, but my will power didn't last, unfortunately. Moving on from that -- I'm back, and I'm VERY committed!

I've been low-carb/Atkins for about 8 days now (also keeping it to mostly lean proteins -- not eating 10 pounds of bacon for breakfast or anything :rotfl:). I feel pretty energetic, which is very nice, and like I said, super committed to stick to this. Having the support of others who are trying to get healthy will be a huge help :thumbsup2

Hi Guys:yay:

I would like some support to put myself first a bit more and to lose weight for my upcomming cruise.:love:

I have Fibromyalgia which complicates things. Strenuous exersize is out and often my body has a mind of its own gaining up to 50lbs then losing up to 20lbs with no changes in behavior or meals:scared1:

I want to try this now because I'm in a pain cycle which means I'll most likely lose some weight (5-10lbs just due to the FMS) I would like to help it along though and lose 30lbs by June since I usually have about 6 months before I cycle out to my fatigue mode.

I have also not been taking very good care of myself in regards to taking my suppliments and exersizing when able. Seems my kids and husband ALWAYS come first. DH is in graduate school and not home much. He is insisting I take better care of myself so here I am.

Currently I am down 20lbs from the 232 I was in May. I would like to get to the 180 I was in May of 2010. Preferable to the 135 I was pre Fibro.

My goals are

-to exersize using 360 Kinect, Pilates machine or wii fit 5 days a week at least 10 min a day preferably 30+

-get my suppliments set up and remember to take them daily

-lose 30lbs by my 45 birthday in May or our trip June 1st.

- get in a few very low carb weeks. Low carb works best for me but its hard to find something low carb that is quick to eat especially when a fruit or veggy just doesnt set well on my empty stomach.

right now I have exersized for a week and have found a good free ap to track my progress on my droid.

Anyone else use Kinect for exersize (havent got through much of the tread yet)

Any support is greatly apprecdiated! I'm a sympathetic ear too:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter