Take the DIS WISH challenge here

I would like to join! I am hoping to lose 30 pounds by our next trip to Disney World - July 2012. I now it's possible - it's just that I have not been able to move the scale past this point for 10 years. I guess it's time to get serious!

Welcome!:goodvibes Hope you decide to take on the WISH challenge! July of next year gives you plenty of time to meet your goal. :wizard:

Had a late weigh in this week. Can't believe it but I'm already half way there!:banana: I was able to pick up a mini stepper workout machine at Kmart last weekend on sale for $40. Wow, does it work. After about five minutes it really starts to burn:laughing: And it looks like for now I've put the plateau behind me. I'm back on track and should be somewhere in the area I want to be by the trip. I don't expect to meet my exact goal, but hopefully I'll be kind of close.

I no longer fear my ADRs!

Hello... I haven't been on in awhile. Been trying to keep myself busy. I want to enjoy the lovely fall weather before the snow comes in, and the busier I am the less I think about food. I'm happy to report that as of this morning I'm down a total of 18 lbs though. :banana: Congratulations to all of you who are keeping up with your weight loss goals!

Hello... I haven't been on in awhile. Been trying to keep myself busy. I want to enjoy the lovely fall weather before the snow comes in, and the busier I am the less I think about food. I'm happy to report that as of this morning I'm down a total of 18 lbs though. :banana: Congratulations to all of you who are keeping up with your weight loss goals!

Congrats! Your hard work is paying off. :cheer2:

Good morning all!

Two things happened today - a co worker said he can see my weight loss in my face/cheekbones, AND I have on a pair of jeans that I've not worn in THREE YEARS!

Good morning all!

Two things happened today - a co worker said he can see my weight loss in my face/cheekbones, AND I have on a pair of jeans that I've not worn in THREE YEARS!

That is AWESOME!:cheer2: Way to go!

Just yesterday I wore a pair of pants to work that were my younger sister's and I've never really been able to comfortably fit into them until now. It was awesome!

Happened upon this thread while looking for runDisney wheelchair info. It looks like the kind of support I need. After years of saying 'I really need to lose some weight' I'm ready to start! So, here is my public announcement:
I'm going to begin with 5 minutes aerobic exercise daily. :yay: Not much, I know, but after doing a whopping ZERO a day for quite a few years it's better than nothing. I'm also going to cut back on the regular pop; from two a day to no more than 1 every other day. I think that's about all I can handle for the first week. I have a total of 105 pounds to lose if I go by the chart in the doc's office. :eek: I'll be thrilled with 80!

I'll gladly listen to all ideas and/or suggestions.

So consider the bandwaggon jumped!! Im with all of you on this folks! Id like to congradulate all that have posted before me and whom are having success in their goals and also in being such inspiration and support for others. I have been on every diet plan, pill, hope and prayer in my short 23 year life and it CANNOT continue. I have struggled with bulimia since the age of twelve and without seeming to make too much light of an awful illness, it has been about as effective as all of the diets, pills and prayers. My husband and i are taking our belated honeymoon/anniversary trip at the very end of jan (bahamanian cruise and a disney stay) and i have decided this is IT. This is the LAST deadline i will set for myself and my weight. I have 15ish pounds to loose and it WILL happen! I am a very good source for info on diets, healthy eating, workout routines and such as like i said, i have done it all. I am an extreeeemely healthy eater and workout more than regularly. I have an appointment with a doctor to have my thyroid checked as i just CANT seem to get this last 15 off and 6+ women in my family have underactive thyroids and extreme obesity. Anyhoo, like i said i have 15 lbs to loose, a lot of grunting and moaning to do along the way, but most importantly, i have TONS of support to give to others hopping on their mickey-shaped scale with me!!! (i dotnt actually have a mickey shaped scale but how much more enjoyable would my mornings be if i did?!)

Happened upon this thread while looking for runDisney wheelchair info. It looks like the kind of support I need. After years of saying 'I really need to lose some weight' I'm ready to start! So, here is my public announcement:
I'm going to begin with 5 minutes aerobic exercise daily. :yay: Not much, I know, but after doing a whopping ZERO a day for quite a few years it's better than nothing. I'm also going to cut back on the regular pop; from two a day to no more than 1 every other day. I think that's about all I can handle for the first week. I have a total of 105 pounds to lose if I go by the chart in the doc's office. :eek: I'll be thrilled with 80!

I'll gladly listen to all ideas and/or suggestions.

Welcome and thanks for hopping aboard! This might sound a little cheesy, but making small changes in your lifestyle is the first step to moving things forward. I started the exact same way with dropping my soda intake and I used to drink A LOT of it. Now I'm down to maybe like one a week on the weekends or something. I had an orange soda last night with my dinner and was actually kinda like bleh about it. My conscience kind of caught up with me, and I only drank half the bottle. I'd never be where I'm at now if I hadn't decided to make little changes. Best of luck to you!

So consider the bandwaggon jumped!! Im with all of you on this folks! Id like to congradulate all that have posted before me and whom are having success in their goals and also in being such inspiration and support for others. I have been on every diet plan, pill, hope and prayer in my short 23 year life and it CANNOT continue. I have struggled with bulimia since the age of twelve and without seeming to make too much light of an awful illness, it has been about as effective as all of the diets, pills and prayers. My husband and i are taking our belated honeymoon/anniversary trip at the very end of jan (bahamanian cruise and a disney stay) and i have decided this is IT. This is the LAST deadline i will set for myself and my weight. I have 15ish pounds to loose and it WILL happen! I am a very good source for info on diets, healthy eating, workout routines and such as like i said, i have done it all. I am an extreeeemely healthy eater and workout more than regularly. I have an appointment with a doctor to have my thyroid checked as i just CANT seem to get this last 15 off and 6+ women in my family have underactive thyroids and extreme obesity. Anyhoo, like i said i have 15 lbs to loose, a lot of grunting and moaning to do along the way, but most importantly, i have TONS of support to give to others hopping on their mickey-shaped scale with me!!! (i dotnt actually have a mickey shaped scale but how much more enjoyable would my mornings be if i did?!)

Wow, sounds like you've had quite the long road so far. I know this might not sound like much coming from someone who hasn't been through your struggles, but I hope you'll believe in yourself and stay positive in your challenge! :grouphug: Best of luck and hope you'll be checking in.

Another weekend is behind us, and I think I'm getting a lot better with my eating habits. Saturday used to come around and I would go crazy:laughing: Now I don't care nearly as much about it as I used to. Junk food no longer holds that 'forbidden fruit' quality that it did when I first started out (well most of the time, anyway!) I haven't had my weigh in this week yet so I'm a little nervous, but I've added workouts to my regimen for the first time this past week so I'm interested to see how it goes. I'm up to 30 min. a day, five days a week on my mini stepper machine. That dumb little thing is addictive! Much easier and lighter impact than running (which I used to do but hated it so I quit), more calories burned than walking, and it beats an expensive gym membership. When winter rolls up I'll still be able to work out with no excuses or huge ugly treadmill looming at me.

Kinda feel like I'm rambling on and on here, but also this Sat. I had another breakthrough. I stepped out of the house in size 9 jeans. That's something I haven't been able to do in about five years! party: And still, while I'm only half way to my goal (scale said I gained 1/2lb the week before, bleh) it is a big motivator to keep me on track.

SoScary'09 - Thanks for the support. How long did it take before you didn't crave pop?

MickeezMeg - I'm glad you haven't given up. Best wishes to saying goodbye to that last 15 pounds. We'll be in WDW the end of January too!

SoScary'09 - Thanks for the support. How long did it take before you didn't crave pop?

Honestly the first three weeks or so took a LOT of willpower, since my body was so used to getting all the caffiene. I learned to distract myself by just keeping my hands busy, or working on a project or do someting else instead of just sitting around thinking about it. Now I drink water most of the time, or 100% juice to mix things up. I'm not gonna lie. It wasn't the easiest thing to do!

Had my weigh in Monday and pffff....I'm still the same weight after all that exercise:p Still 14.5lbs to go. It keeps changing all the time anymore and it's driving me nuts. I know you're supposed to weigh in at the same time every day, but it jumps a lot depending on how active I am or how much I eat or drink. But oh well, I suppose staying the same is better than gaining right now! What's weird though is that I know for sure that I am getting smaller. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to wear all this stuff that I couldn't before. Guess it's just reeaaalllly slow coming off or I'm always hopping on the scale at the wrong time.

Is there room for one more at this party? :banana:

After a heart attack from a blocked artery, plus finding out I had diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol all in the same day a couple of weeks ago, it's time to make some changes. I started on that road the day I got out of the hospital, but it would sure be better with some health-pals! :goodvibes

My main goals are obviously to be healthier and to be around for my son for a long, long time... But my shallow tangible goal is to need new clothes by the time our next cruise rolls around in February. :thumbsup2

I don't even own a scale... but that's what I've asked for for my birthday in a few weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to start tracking progress soon.

Glad to be here!!

-gina-

I want to start off saying "Congrats!" to every one working so hard and living healthier lives! My biggest weakness is chocolate and I have a snacking problem. Working in a Bakery does not help...haha. My goal is to eat healthier and to loose weight while doing it. I've started by giving up soda for a whole month. I didn't like how I relied on it for a pick-me-up every day. After the month is over, I hope to only drink 1-3 a month. I also want to be a stronger runner. I have run 3 half marathons (March '10-Feb'11) but have only run a handful of times since the Princess Half last February. I'm commited to running a complete training schedule without making up excuses to be lazy. I WILL loose the excess fat and tone up because I know I can! I look forward to living a healthy lifestyle and watching the progress of everyone on W.I.S.H.!

Just giving this thread a bump and hoping more people will join in on the challenge :)

I decided to do my weigh in early last night, and was pleased to find that I now only have ONE more pound to go before I am back to my 'normal' weight. The last 10 I'd like to lose are pretty much for vanity's sake, but I can say that with almost 3/4 of it gone already I feel much better!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

I am joining WISH today!

At the moment, I am 37 lbs. overweight.

My first wish is to lose 15+ lbs. by Dec.11, 2011.

I am starting the C25K program this evening, incorporating it with the circuit training I started a week ago. I am planning to alternate days with the two workouts and have one rest day a week.

I'm looking forward to reading some journals over the next few weeks and will keep my own soon.:wishmember

Gina - I believe shallow tangible goals are as good of a first step as any! Sounds like you've got some good motivation living right there under your roof. How's it going so far?

ToontownPrincess - I started cutting down on my pop intake a few weeks ago. I just realized this week that I drank them out of habit when I needed liquid. Right now I'm drinking about 1 a day if I am craving it. More than most healthy people drink, but less than I was drinking a month ago. Good luck!

I would like to join WISH! Currently training for WDW 1/2 Marathon. I'm up to 5 Miles on the treadmill at a 14mm pace.

Welcome to all the new people joining on!

@Branabb: That's a great first goal, and that gives you plenty of time so I'm sure you can do it! Hope you'll stick with the workouts and will keep us updated on your progress :)

@Duchess: It seems that soda is a problem for many of us. That's great that you've improved! Even reducing your intake to one soda a day is making progress so great job!

@Jdougherty: Now that's an impressive goal! Good luck, and be sure to check in with us on your progress!

Hadn't been by in awhile so I'm just checking in with everyone:) Workouts have been going great, and I've finally set the tension all the way up on my stepper machine. The workouts are more intense, and that's great because I can finally handle it now! I'm also able to take the stairs up to the office a few times a week and not feel like I'm going to die from it (we're on the 6th floor).

As for the weight race, I am now ONE POUND away from my normal weight range! At this rate I will be back to 135 just in time for Disney World! (and then hopefully down to around 125 for the first time ever around the start of the new year!) I'm in no rush for it. I'll get there through my new lifestyle, not through some intense four week workouts of doom just to gain it all back.

I've also finally figured out how to eat my own way, instead of what others around me are eating and allowing it to influence me. Once I realized that this was the problem I've had throughout most of my life, sticking to my plan has been fairly easy. At the grocery store I recently bought cupcakes, gelato & fruit pies. I'm proud to say that even having those things around the house hasn't interested me. Everyone else can eat them, and in front of me if they want. The temptation isn't really there anymore...unless it has cheese on it. I'll still eat me some cheese and not feel an ounce sorry about it :D

Anyway yeah! Closing in on my final ten pounds, and thrilled about it:woohoo: I can't wait to hit the parks. I'm gonna have so much more energy! From 153 to 135, I feel like my wish has already been granted!

I just found this challenge after posting on the November trip thread. I posted there, but I do actually have goals that I would like to reach, beyond losing 10 lbs. in a month for a Disney trip.

I have one month until our trip and I really, really, really want to lose 10 more lbs. before we go. I am hoping that posting here will keep me on that track!!

I lost 25 lbs by the middle of the summer and I have just been maintaining since then. In the big picture I would like to lose 20 more lbs. (Maybe by the end of the year?!?) I am hoping that the 10 lbs. is manageable, especially since I haven't been "dieting" for approx. two months.

This is my plan for reaching my first goal (10lbs.):
-Add 20 minutes daily on the eliptical that I NEVER use.:rolleyes1
-Add 2 miles to my daily walking schedule.
-Cut out my sandwich that I eat for lunch, and eat a salad instead.
-Stop eating at 7pm.

I walk daily, but I would like to slowly work into running. My DD and DH are distance runners and I would love to eventually be able to join them. So, this would be my long term goal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter